"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, has anyone purchased at the regular price and then changed it to AP price after?

I’m going to upgrade my park hopper when I get to Disney to an AP (just with the MM, food and merchandise discount it will be worth it) but I’ve already purchased my DAH ticket so I was curious if there was any way to get the $ back for the difference. It’s not a big deal if I can’t, but
I figured I would see if anyone has done it before. :)

I was able to do exactly what you are asking. I bought my DAH Ticket online the day they were released and I wasn't signed in so I didn't get the AP price. I later saw others on the board were getting the AP discount so I called and the CM I initially talked to said there was no discount for DAH. I knew this wasn't true and called the ticketing office and they gave me a refund of the difference. I spent about 2 hours on the phone but saved around $30 a ticket.

When did they start charging for this?? the last time were there we just had to be resort guests and we got a wrist band... $119 is a lot of money for 3 hours in the park... I did love to be in the park with fewer people but.... sorry did this just start last year?

When did they start charging for this?? the last time were there we just had to be resort guests and we got a wrist band... $119 is a lot of money for 3 hours in the park... I did love to be in the park with fewer people but.... sorry did this just start last year?
DAH is different than EMH. DAH is severely limited in the number of people who attend so you can pretty much walk on every ride. EMH still exists, but there are still plenty of people, so will have waits for rides. Because they usually only have one evening EMH per week, you get a lot of resort guests who plan their MK Days then, so it can still get crowded (at least for the first hour).

I sure hope we get in at 4 because I just got a bog dinner finally at 4:15 and I better be able to use it!

Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Posted this separately in the forum but just saw this thread, so I'll try here:

Our trip is just around the corner...we'll be at DW from Jan 20, checking out of WL on the morning of the 27.

Last year was our first trip to DW and it was absolutely magical. We spent three total nights in MK and I insisted we save the fireworks (it was still Wishes at the time) for the very last thing on our very last night. I think it was the perfect punctuation on an incredible trip and we all walked out of the park a bit misty-eyed.

This year, I've planned for our last night at to be at MK as well (lots of aspects of the trip I'm trying to re-create). I decided the other day to splurge and bought DAH passes for all of us for 1/26 -- our last night. I'm really excited for this, as we had talked about it but decided not to because we added a day at Universal Studios to the front of our trip about a month ago. I'm planning on surprising the family the morning of our last day (since there's usually a few tears that it's our last day anyway).

But here's the deal...I'm kinda big on doing fireworks the last night, but it's my understanding that if the park closes at 8 pm, HEA starts at 8 pm...is that true? If so, I don't know if I want to spend upwards of 20+ of our DAH time watching fireworks.

Thoughts? What would you do?

ETA: I also have to consider the fact that we're also doing EMM on the first day of Disney (1/21) so it's not like we're not going to get our fill of rides during the course of the week. We rode 7DMT a grand total of one time last year, and this year with FP we'll probably ride at least 10 times.

Yes, on your night (1/26), HEA is on the schedule for 8PM.

I’m a big MK fireworks fan and I love HEA. I’m sure someday it’ll grow old for me like Wishes had sort of become (where I was OK skipping it if in the park doing something else), but for now, if HEA is going and I’m in the park, I’m watching. ;-).

The show is 18 minutes plus a few minutes of travel time afterwards to wherever you are going. Unless you’re just absolutely set on taking advantage of every DAH minute, I’d stop and watch HEA (if it were me!)

Hope you have a great trip!

11 days! Not that I'm counting or anything...

Cookie Waiting.gif

I'll be at After Hours January 30th. The event happened to fall on one of my planned MK days on my solo trip, so I thought I would see what it's like.

I've got a Be Our Guest breakfast ADR at 9:00am, and a Skipper Canteen ADR for dinner at 7:30pm. I figure I'll head back to the resort after lunch, and then return to the park for the evening.

I’m sure you do, but just making sure you know DAH is 8-11 that night. With a 7:30PM Skipper Canteen ADR, that’s likely to run over just a bit, and you’ll be in there during HEA. Neither of those facts may be a problem for you, just wanted to point it out.

Had lunch at Skipper Canteen a few weeks ago - love the food there!

Do they have DAH in June?

They did not in 2017. I suspect the 2018 dates they’ve announced are all we will see.

Is it March 1st yet? :P I want to be there now...

But seriously, I was thinking of trying to dine at The Plaza before DAH starts. I don’t have an ADR since I booked this trip last minute. Does anyone know if they’re still taking walk ups?

Will be there on January 19th! We have a Cinderella's Royal Table reservation for 4:45 (we will be in MK that afternoon anyway) and I'm very happy HEA will be happening that night since we will be at California Grill for HEA the only other MK day I have planned. 9 days before my trip!!! Only thing kind of bumming me out is the planned closure of Splash Mountain. The view at night from the top of the hill is one of my favorites in all of WDW. Oh well, next time!

Definite shift in the excitement level around here now that we’re into Jan and DAH is close! :yay::yay::yay:

My one nagging slight concern is that I sure hope the event stays relatively similar to last year in terms of crowds, attendance, the overall vibe, etc. Like, if crowds were to triple because of more word of mouth/longer ticket sales, then I think it might feel different.

But, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see at this point! Can’t wait for the 1/19 reports. :drive:

Definite shift in the excitement level around here now that we’re into Jan and DAH is close! :yay::yay::yay:

My one nagging slight concern is that I sure hope the event stays relatively similar to last year in terms of crowds, attendance, the overall vibe, etc. Like, if crowds were to triple because of more word of mouth/longer ticket sales, then I think it might feel different.

But, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see at this point! Can’t wait for the 1/19 reports. :drive:
I didn’t do it last year but I really hope you’re right about the crowds. It would seem like a huge waste of money if I’m standing in line a lot.

I didn’t do it last year but I really hope you’re right about the crowds. It would seem like a huge waste of money if I’m standing in line a lot.
Fingers crossed that it stays similar to the last ones. I'm hopeful! They haven't sold out so that's a good sign.
I think the 1/19 might be a bit more crowded than others since it's the first one.. but we'll see! I thought one sold out last year (maybe the last one) and someone who went said it was still a walk on to everything :)
Can't wait!!

I am the same way about worrying about crowds etc. There has been a pop up on MDE to buy tickets. I am like "No, don't advertise it! " I don't want it to be too popular. Just popular enough that they continue it and that the park is not empty creepy. If it gets to be as popular as the parties I won't see it as a "must plan a trip and get down there for it" like I do now!

Fingers crossed that it stays similar to the last ones. I'm hopeful! They haven't sold out so that's a good sign.
I think the 1/19 might be a bit more crowded than others since it's the first one.. but we'll see! I thought one sold out last year (maybe the last one) and someone who went said it was still a walk on to everything :)
Can't wait!!
We go 3/1 and I’m a little worried that might be more busy as it gets closer to spring break.

I am the same way about worrying about crowds etc. There has been a pop up on MDE to buy tickets. I am like "No, don't advertise it! " I don't want it to be too popular. Just popular enough that they continue it and that the park is not empty creepy. If it gets to be as popular as the parties I won't see it as a "must plan a trip and get down there for it" like I do now!
I would love if it’s creepy and empty! Lol

C’mon pop up blockers... don’t fail us now!!!!! :rotfl:

Can't wait!!

For 1/19, you’ll probably be there with the “bloggers” and such they invite out to get some good press. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter