"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously DIS is not an accurate representative sample of anything, but I do find it odd just judging by the guest list, there are far more DISers going to the early Jan & Feb dates than the late Feb/early March dates. So strange!

The sold-out event I attended last year was March 1 or 2 — honestly can’t remember the exact date. I’ve been to a million Halloween, Christmas and even Pirate and Princess parties. I’ve been in the MK on a day with 25,000 attendance (which felt empty at the time). I’ve been at EMH at 2 am on a cold February night.

All that said — nothing compares to DAH. It’s empty! Again, we were there last year on the sold-out night. We rode Buzz over and over without getting off the ride. We were in HM pre-show areas alone. We were on IASW with not another person in sight.
We had to wait for one train to come on SDMT - that was literally the only wait of the night. Well, we did have a brief wait at a popcorn stand. But that was it!

It was an amazing enough experience that we’re flying down in 10 days for a quick trip to do it again. We’ll be there on DIS Night — otherwise known as Jan. 30. :-)

The sold-out event I attended last year was March 1 or 2 — honestly can’t remember the exact date. I’ve been to a million Halloween, Christmas and even Pirate and Princess parties. I’ve been in the MK on a day with 25,000 attendance (which felt empty at the time). I’ve been at EMH at 2 am on a cold February night.

All that said — nothing compares to DAH. It’s empty! Again, we were there last year on the sold-out night. We rode Buzz over and over without getting off the ride. We were in HM pre-show areas alone. We were on IASW with not another person in sight.
We had to wait for one train to come on SDMT - that was literally the only wait of the night. Well, we did have a brief wait at a popcorn stand. But that was it!

It was an amazing enough experience that we’re flying down in 10 days for a quick trip to do it again. We’ll be there on DIS Night — otherwise known as Jan. 30. :-)

Thanks for that report, it eases my worry. I was a bit nervous that all of the "no on the ride with us" reports were from nights that weren't sold out.

According to Disney's website the 1/19 DAH is sold out. I am a little disappointed but I hope that the number of people attending will still be low.

I’m so glad I went ahead and bought tickets last week! We are very much looking forward to it and will report back on what a sold out crowd looks like. I’m still more worried about DS6 being able to hang until 11:00 than I am about it being too crowded. :laughing:

I’m so glad I went ahead and bought tickets last week! We are very much looking forward to it and will report back on what a sold out crowd looks like. I’m still more worried about DS6 being able to hang until 11:00 than I am about it being too crowded. :laughing:

I hear you! I'm going with my DD11 and she is the early bird to her 13YO brother's night owl! I'm hoping that the no waiting part will keep her from losing steam! I'm also hoping to get her to rest in the afternoon a bit!

I was at march 2 last year. It wasn’t sold out, at least not the afternoon of. I know because I had bought my ticket in advance and we checked that afternoon about getting my oldest a ticket and they said they had “plenty” tickets remaining.

But anyhow, hopefully Friday isn’t too crowded...

Obviously DIS is not an accurate representative sample of anything, but I do find it odd just judging by the guest list, there are far more DISers going to the early Jan & Feb dates than the late Feb/early March dates. So strange!
I feel like part of it is because DISers know that the closer we get to spring break crowds, the more crowded it will be. That, and Presidents Day.

Then there are us poor schmucks who don't have a choice. Oh well, just another reason to be glad and excited for DAH!

I'm not sure if any of this is actually new information to us, l

The list of open attractions is a little different than what I've seen - peoplemover is listed as open party:

Is it wrong that I'm most looking forward to the peoplemover and Astro Orbiter? I love looking down on the park at night!

I'm eagerly awaiting the reports from Friday night!

DH just got a raise yesterday so today he said "I got enough for 2 more trips to Disney this year" lol. I doubt that will happen, but I thought it was funny. I think we will try Disneyland before we do another trip to DW.

I love counting things in terms of Disney trips. I did some consulting earlier in the month and when my wife asked how much $$$ it was for, I replied with an answer in "Xx days at Disney". Haha. My wife was not amused, but I was.

And my wife has been saying she is tired of Disney World, so we're also thinking about venturing beyond WDW this summer (DL or one of the abroad Disney resorts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter