"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the photos with the Tangled lantern are done during DAH?

Kenny the pirate posted a FB picture of this which I believe was taken at DAH on the 19th. I did not look for this when I was there on the 26th so cannot say for sure though.

I had more thoughts on my 1/26 day but my brain is tired and fuzzy so I don't remember them all, but I know there's one tonight so I'll post the ones I remember.

We arrived at BTMR about 10 minutes before the start of DAH. There definitely was confusion about whether to let us use the FP line, CMs on the phone and such, but eventually they let us through.

7DMT was a real X-factor. I think it said "20" minutes all night, but it really varied. We got in line expecting 20 minutes the first time, and it was more like 10. Then we went to do other things, thinking it would be shorter later on. The second time, still posted at "20" but it was more like 5 minutes, so we were excited and hopped back in line immediately after our ride. This was toward the end of the night and my DD11 was beginning to wilt. Already, the line had swelled and was well past the point where we had experiences the 10 minute wait, so we bailed and went to Winnie the Pooh to end the evening.

Agree with others don't stand in line for snacks unless really desperate. There will be another cart around the corner with no one there! popcorn:::mickeybar

I'll post more tips if I remember them!

Aha! remembered two things...my Tomorrowland tips!

People Mover was as awesome as I had hoped, but it was strange because it "felt" like it was traveling "double time" and in fact it only took us about 5 minutes. Not sure if it will be that way tonight, but if you're on the fence since it's a longer ride, just FYI it may not take as long as it usually does.

I usually skip Astro Orbiter since it doesn't seem like a big bang for your "time" buck, but wanted to do it at DAH. We only had to wait to get on the next elevator, but it still seemed like the entire process took forever. Since I don't usually ride it, I wasn't sure if it was just how they were running it that night but it seemed kind of inefficient. For example, when we were done, the CM (only one up there so not sure if it's the norm), put us in the elevator, hit a button, then we sat there as he talked to the next group, let them on, circled the group checking lap belts. Then he came back and sent us down. Again, not sure if that's the norm. It was still really fun, but since my daughter was getting tired, it was kind of an energy sapper for us and if I had known it would take that long, I would have skipped it with her (although that may depend on your party, with my night owl son it wouldn't have had the same effect).

The snack cart in Tomorrowland was deserted, and we had a nice snack break sitting at a table, which was nice as DD needed a rest!

ETA: Peoplemover was NOT awesome for the people that went on DAH 1/30 - some experienced a breakdown much some people had a breakdown on Pirates on the first DAH. Just wanted to mention that ride breakdown roulette continues and your mileage may vary!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if we are allowed to pick up lanyards for other members in our group as long as we have their After Hours ticket or magic band? Or do all the members have to be there to get their own lanyard?

I don’t know for sure but I doubt it. I know they scanned all our Magic Bands and it's my understanding CM won't scan Magic Bands without their owner being present.

I don’t know for sure but I doubt it. I know they scanned all our Magic Bands and it's my understanding CM won't scan Magic Bands without their owner being present.
Perhaps using the actual tickets instead of magic bands then since we aren't required to have bands. Just a thought.

Whelp, looks like I will have to figure it out when we get there. First I'm going to try to get them by going to the Liberty Square Guest Services right after the parade. If that fails (which it no doubt will) we'll just cut something short and get them later. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it turned out.

Tonight still isn’t sold out, as of almost noon ET. Wonder if it’ll get there?
We’ll see ! The weather is beautiful if you’re in the sun but between being a Tuesday and the low temps tonight it might not sell out ! We are so excited :) will be posting tonight! We’re planning to get there around 5:30 so hoping we can get in them or soon after ? Might be brave and try to get in with the hard tickets to see if that’s an option for others ..

I'm so excited to read more event reports from tonight's DAH!

We’ll see ! The weather is beautiful if you’re in the sun but between being a Tuesday and the low temps tonight it might not sell out ! We are so excited :) will be posting tonight! We’re planning to get there around 5:30 so hoping we can get in them or soon after ? Might be brave and try to get in with the hard tickets to see if that’s an option for others ..

I would be very curious if the hard tickets could be used earlier. I guess ultimately it depends on when they have lanyards available. We are attending the very last DAH on 3/8. Would be amazing to maximize the park time by getting in as early as possible. Can't wait to hear about your night! Have fun!

Actually it was Alice in wonderland lantern that ktp did, not tangled. Sorry for the misinformation. They were not doing tangled.

Yeah, I specifically asked Kenny on his live FB thread and he said that there were no Tangled photopass photographers. Boo.

Aha! remembered two things...my Tomorrowland tips!

People Mover was as awesome as I had hoped, but it was strange because it "felt" like it was traveling "double time" and in fact it only took us about 5 minutes. Not sure if it will be that way tonight, but if you're on the fence since it's a longer ride, just FYI it may not take as long as it usually does.

I usually skip Astro Orbiter since it doesn't seem like a big bang for your "time" buck, but wanted to do it at DAH. We only had to wait to get on the next elevator, but it still seemed like the entire process took forever. Since I don't usually ride it, I wasn't sure if it was just how they were running it that night but it seemed kind of inefficient. For example, when we were done, the CM (only one up there so not sure if it's the norm), put us in the elevator, hit a button, then we sat there as he talked to the next group, let them on, circled the group checking lap belts. Then he came back and sent us down. Again, not sure if that's the norm. It was still really fun, but since my daughter was getting tired, it was kind of an energy sapper for us and if I had known it would take that long, I would have skipped it with her (although that may depend on your party, with my night owl son it wouldn't have had the same effect).

The snack cart in Tomorrowland was deserted, and we had a nice snack break sitting at a table, which was nice as DD needed a rest!
Thank you for this! I’ve never done people mover so we might do that during dah now.

For folks going tonight: Would love if you could investigate the ability to use the lanyard as FP during the pre-closing hour. Give it a try and tell us how it turns out!! :)

Not sure if you saw my post, but we tried at BTMR about 10 minutes before it started and there was some confusion about it but they eventually let us in the FP line. I read other reports about that night regarding other attractions that people were allowed to do so, but don't remember specifics!

Thank you for this! I’ve never done people mover so we might do that during dah now.

Oh - I hope you get a chance to do it - we found it both magical and restful, lol! pixiedust:

But, just another thing...they didn't let people bring ice cream on the ride. We saw a group inhaling their mickey bars at the top of the escalator so they could get on the ride, lol! :mickeybar

Here is what we were able to do on the 1/26 DAH night in order.
Note, we were 3 adults and we did not have normal park tickets for the day, but I had set up some Fast Passes in the hopes that we'd get in early, which we did, but we got in closer to 6:30PM so missed one of them:

Pre-event start:
FP for 7 Dwarfs
Philharmagic (There was an annoying popping noise in one of the speakers to the left which occurred the entire show)
FP for Haunted Mansion

Event start:
Snack Cart
Big Thunder
Snack Cart
Pirates
Snack Cart
Peter Pan (Waited about 10 minutes and the line was really getting long behind us)
Carousel
Astro Orbiter
Snack Cart
Buzz Lightyear
Space Mountain
7 Dwarfs
Snack Cart
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid Meet & Greet
Peter Pan
Peter Pan again
7 Dwarfs - 5 Minutes before the end (wait was around 15 minutes)

Thoughts:
Overall I think it was a fun night. Not the empty park feel from reports last year, but the longest waits were for Peter Pan and 7 Dwarfs. Everything else was pretty much a walk on.

Longest snack cart wait was the first one by Big Thunder I think because he was all by himself which slowed it down when scooping popcorn. Other carts had 2 person operations to help speed it up. Poor guy. But yes, plenty of carts with no lines in case you see one with.

We brought a gallon plastic ziplock bag for popcorn so we could dump it in when about to get on a ride and not waste it. Virtually impossible to eat an entire popcorn between rides.

We also got pics with Princesses on the way out of Fantasy Land by the castle at the end of the night. They might be standing out there for pics.

We are in AK counting down the hours until we can park hop over to MK for DAH tonight!! Thanks all for the wonderful tips and advice. I’ll try to keep an eye to see if anything is different from what you all have described.

Anybody have anything specific they have questions about that we can look out for?

My son is already there at MK. He asked at Guest Relations about lanyards at about 4:15 and was told pick them up at entrance at 7:00. The rest of my group plan to drive to TTC from POR at 5. Hoping we can get in at 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter