"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those who ride rides multiple times in a row: did you need to get off and go through the queue again or were you allowed to stay on?

Question for those who ride rides multiple times in a row: did you need to get off and go through the queue again or were you allowed to stay on?

On our night, for some rides there were people in line so it wasn't an option - such as 7D and BTMR. On Little Mermaid, there was not another guest in the whole queue area, so we asked the CM after we got out of our Clam-mobile, but she said we couldn't but we could have if we had asked before we got out. My guess is that it would be the same for Doom Buggies, maybe?

If people were waiting in the queue they had us exit and get back in line. If not, we just asked to stay on and they were fine with it. This was for Barnstormer.

Oh - I hope you get a chance to do it - we found it both magical and restful, lol! pixiedust:

But, just another thing...they didn't let people bring ice cream on the ride. We saw a group inhaling their mickey bars at the top of the escalator so they could get on the ride, lol! :mickeybar

Bummer! I was thinking that would be the perfect snack-eating ride. We might try to smuggle some popcorn on in our ziplock bags! :ssst:

For our final Peter Pan rides there was nobody in line, but we hopped off thinking we needed to get to 7 Dwarfs, but then we decided to go again, but just went through the "line" again real quick. I'm sure we could have just stayed on if we'd asked.

Oh - I hope you get a chance to do it - we found it both magical and restful, lol! pixiedust:

But, just another thing...they didn't let people bring ice cream on the ride. We saw a group inhaling their mickey bars at the top of the escalator so they could get on the ride, lol! :mickeybar
Oh okay that’s good to know. I actually don’t even know where you get on people mover.

There's an escalator (not the stair kind, just a slopped moving surface) underneath the Astro Orbitor. It's across from the entrance to Buzz.

And Peoplemover is in my top 5 WDW rides!
Okay we’ll have to find it. I think I’ll be adding it to our list of rides for dah! We won’t be doing astro orbiters because none of us are interested.

I just entered Magic Kingdom with my AP. I asked one of the cast members with an iPad inside the gate where I could get a lanyard, and she said I would need to exit the park and re-enter at 7 o’clock. I just said thanks and smiled. I will report if, as I suspect, the reality is different!

Just talked to a cast member at guest services in liberty Square. She is standing by the party line that we have to leave the park to get lanyards, and they will not be available until 7 o’clock. Again, I will report if that info changes.

Edit: Darren at the Main Entrance GR just checked and said we could get lanyards there, but not until 7:00.

I’m a dog with a bone at this point. It’s just frustrating getting different info for each party, especially since this seems to be a backtrack from the 26th, not an improvement.

Allowing people in early should not be expected. But there is no compelling reason against having lanyard distribution locations inside the park. Making people who spend this much on this event fight through fireworks crowds to get lanyards is poor customer service.

Last edited:
Just talked to a cast member at guest services in liberty Square. She is standing by the party line that we have to leave the park to get lanyards, and they will not be available until 7 o’clock. Again, I will report if that info changes.

Edit: Darren at the Main Entrance GR just checked and said we could get lanyards there, but not until 7:00.

I’m a dog with a bone at this point. It’s just frustrating getting different info for each party, especially since this seems to be a backtrack from the 26th, not an improvement.

Allowing people in early should not be expected. But there is no compelling reason against having lanyard distribution locations inside the park. Making people who spend this much on this event fight through fireworks crowds to get lanyards is poor customer service.
I agree! I just emailed WDW guest communications, and would recommend others do so too! Disney will change things if people complain-for example, they used to allow people taking the VIP Star Wars tour at DHS get into the dessert party early, which meant they took up all the best tables, while everyone else was stuck waiting for the normal time for it to start. Enough people emailed to complain, that they changed the policy so the tour groups would get in at the same time as everyone else. (Of course now, the tour doesn't even include the dessert party, so wouldn't matter, but not the point...)

Edit 3 (or is it 4?)

CM Missy at the front gate just told me that she called the Liberty Square GR to confirm they do have lanyards.

They are setting up the party entrance gate now, but not allowing anyone in yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter