"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DD and I attended this past Saturday. We also started in Adventureland after HEA and OUAT. We were not trying to hit every ride, but just take in the low crowd experience. After this past week, it was a wonderful end to our trip.
The first cart had a bit of a line, but after that, most were very short and never ran out of items. We rode Pirates, with a few empty boats around us. Then off to Splash, only 4 of us in our boat, and to BTMRR, which was a walk on. Walked on to HM after that.
We headed to Fantasyland and saw a decent line in the FP queue for PP. Headed to Dumbo and had the opportunity to stay on the ride again.
In Tomorrowland, we walked on Space and Buzz. Headed back to Fantasyland for Pooh, walk on, and to do SD around 12:30, a 20 minute wait.
Hung out at the castle for some great photos, then off to the buses where Pop shared with Art of Animation. Bus driver was skilled at getting maximum capacity ensuring there were 2 rows of folks standing. We were all best friends by the end of the ride! LOL
I would definitely do this again. The time absolutely FLIES by!!! Nap before you go, if you're an old girl like me!! hahaha
We drove home yesterday, so it was tough doing the party then heading to Tennessee. Not sure I would plan it that way again.
I want to say thank you for this thread and all of the advice. We were well prepared with our expectations based on everyone's comments.

Love this thread! Had such a blast at DAH last March. Way far ahead, but I’m hoping they offer it in early May this year. We should be in WDW from May 5-11.

I have a question about purchasing tickets that I hope someone here can answer. I want to purchase tickets for 8/11 as a surprise for my daughter. Is there a way to purchase so that she won't get an alert that a ticket has been added to her MDE? I know when I've added tickets for her in the past she received an email. Thanks in advance!

I have a question about purchasing tickets that I hope someone here can answer. I want to purchase tickets for 8/11 as a surprise for my daughter. Is there a way to purchase so that she won't get an alert that a ticket has been added to her MDE? I know when I've added tickets for her in the past she received an email. Thanks in advance!
I wonder if it would work if you didn't assign it to her until time? I saw where I could reassign our tickets on my MDE.

I wonder if it would work if you didn't assign it to her until time? I saw where I could reassign our tickets on my MDE.

That would be awesome but on the checkout screen it requires that I select a guest. I guess I could assign it to someone else in my family and then reassign it later? My daughter is 19 and has no idea I've booked a weekend trip for before she returns to college.

That would be awesome but on the checkout screen it requires that I select a guest. I guess I could assign it to someone else in my family and then reassign it later? My daughter is 19 and has no idea I've booked a weekend trip for before she returns to college.

Yes, you could assign it to someone else when you purchase, then move to your DD when ready. You could also call and buy tickets via phone - they won’t be linked to any specific person and won’t show up in anyone’s MDX profile unless you manually link them.

Yes, you could assign it to someone else when you purchase, then move to your DD when ready. You could also call and buy tickets via phone - they won’t be linked to any specific person and won’t show up in anyone’s MDX profile unless you manually link them.

Thank you! I think I'll order by phone. I want to order today because with all of these great reviews I'm afraid it may sell out!

Thank you! I think I'll order by phone. I want to order today because with all of these great reviews I'm afraid it may sell out!

Cool, have fun.

If you do order by phone - don’t do what I did and forget to link your tickets to your profile. I also forgot to bring the hard ticket they mail you... so I created a mess for myself when I tried to enter that night! :-)

Total rookie mistake on my part, but pretty easy to do if you’re not on top of things.

My dd19 and I are going this weekend...same idea. She knows though.
Last year I did the same before she left for college and didn’t tell her. She didn’t figure it out u til we were giving our suitcases to the lady at the counter and she noticed I had slipped on the dme tag. We had a great time!

I got an email back today from the guest services manager. Apparently they are giving us 4 one day base tickets? I’m not sure why we are getting 4. It was just Dh and I that attended. I’m not complaining but it’s a little strange.

Cool, have fun.

If you do order by phone - don’t do what I did and forget to link your tickets to your profile. I also forgot to bring the hard ticket they mail you... so I created a mess for myself when I tried to enter that night! :-)

Total rookie mistake on my part, but pretty easy to do if you’re not on top of things.

Thank you for the awesome advice. I probably would leave the hard tickets behind! I did order by phone and the CM said she didn't want to risk me not getting the hard tickets on time so she gave me a ticket ID number to use to link the tickets when I'm ready. She also said the hard tickets will be at will call for us but we won't really need them since we will link the tickets the day before or the day of. I'm not too concerned about getting FP for before the event starts. I figure we will just take what is available at that point.

Please add us to the guest list for August 11th. I'm so excited.

Thank you for the awesome advice. I probably would leave the hard tickets behind! I did order by phone and the CM said she didn't want to risk me not getting the hard tickets on time so she gave me a ticket ID number to use to link the tickets when I'm ready. She also said the hard tickets will be at will call for us but we won't really need them since we will link the tickets the day before or the day of. I'm not too concerned about getting FP for before the event starts. I figure we will just take what is available at that point.

Please add us to the guest list for August 11th. I'm so excited.

Yeah, just don't forget to link them!

I had it on my "mental to do" list but at some point just kind of forgot about it... imagine my surprise when I go to scan at the DAH entry and get the blue Mickey. Doh!

I hadn't ordered tickets via phone in the longest time - so used to things just already being linked.

Anyway, hope y'all have a great time. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter