"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisingly the sold out March event seemed much less crowded. I’m not exactly sure how that happened. We followed the same “plan” as the first one and there just seemed to be people everywhere. We still had fun and it was much better than standing out in the heat with the crowds.

I'm wondering if they released more tickets for the summer than they did in March and that's why they are not selling out (except for one).

I'm wondering if they released more tickets for the summer than they did in March and that's why they are not selling out (except for one).
I could see that being true. This is wishful thinking but I hope they go back to the winter number of tickets sold (if they did in fact raise the number).

I think they could double the number of attendees and have it still be the best night at WDW imaginable. And I’d rather see the event continue with more people than have it go away.

So here’s a question. I was gonna go to Epcot before Disney after hours tonight so I had three Epcot fast passes.

I wanna cancel those and get magic kingdom ones around 730 tonight

If I use my card they sent in the mail to get in, and then use the fast passes, will they end up taking a day off my Disney passes I have left?

I wanna save the original Epcot day for another day but don’t want it accidentally used tonight when checking in past 7pm at magic kingdom

Thanks for the help

Lastly, let’s not forget that people’s fast passes who are already in the park from that day will work till 10pm along with stand by so it wouldn’t be surprising if the first hour of after hours is a little more crowded then later in the night.

Last edited:
So here’s a question. I was gonna go to Epcot before Disney after hours tonight so I had three Epcot fast passes.

I wanna cancel those and get magic kingdom ones around 730 tonight

If I use my card they sent in the mail to get in, and then use the fast passes, will they end up taking a day off my Disney passes I have left?

I wanna save the original Epcot day for another day but don’t want it accidentally used tonight when checking in past 7pm at magic kingdom

Thanks for the help

Lastly, let’s not forget that people’s fast passes who are already in the park from that day will work till 10pm along with stand by so it wouldn’t be surprising if the first hour of after hours is a little more crowded then later in the night.
You should be fine but make sure you go through the event entrance in the middle

Explains why I can’t get late fast passes at the kingdom.

I wish I was still as excited as knowing it wasn’t sold out but this dampers things a little bit for me

Was the sold out 7-28 ok?

This is obviously unscientific and it's not a large enough data sample to have any value, but for the FWIW file, tonight is the #2 ranked night for DISers on the Guest List on Post #2. 9/20 is currently in the top spot.

View attachment 341362
What's funny is that this past winter the Jan 30th was the most popular with the DISers but was one of the only two that DIDN'T sell out!!! Still love the graph!!!

Oh that’s weird. I didn’t think it was busy at all that day.

The problem is we attended twice last year and were able to stay on BTMRR 6-7 times without getting off, 7DMT had no wait- they actually opened the gate from the exit to the line so you could get back in line without walking back out, etc. So I came into this year’s event with the same expectations and that’s not the experience we had in March. The early summer reports were more along the lines of what we experienced last year and now the reviews sound more similar to March for me.

Based on the recent reviews, I'm back on the fence about attending 8/30. After the early summer reviews, I was excited to give the event another try but now I'm not sure what to do:confused3

My DD 14 and I did DAH on 7/28. Yes there was most likely more people than earlier in the summer, but it was still like having 3 hours of FPs! We only encountered lines at a couple of rides and they were no more than 5-7 mins. The snack carts never ran out of anything. It was so worth the $ (AP discount didn't hurt). Don't be on the fence...do it!

I’m in a ginormous line at guest services. I have my tickets and paper and magic band. At the turnstile they wanted to reassign my tickets to my name as opposed to the alias I assigned the tickets to and delete my FP for tonight. I’m am so irritated
There just needs to be some consistency. Everybody can use FP on a party ticket prior to the event or no one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter