Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

Thanks Tony67: so helpful to hear from those who attended.

"Finnegans used to be amazing - but now not so much IMO".
The only bummer I'm hearing this year - really enjoyed chilling w/dinner there last year during S&S and it was busy, but not insanely so. Sounds like it's a zoo due to ST - plus from what others mentioned, sometimes they're directing diners to the back of holding area line, which kind of negates S&S benefit. (Although one plus: if I get there early enough to secure a table, drink orders are way easier - no wait at the bar!) :-)

Since we're doing 2 nights, gonna try the Simpsons holding area for 2nd night: would love to hear from anyone who waited there (Regular holding area - not AP entrance as that won't be offered in Oct.)

Can you dine there in AC or is it just an outdoor area?

Yeah - not a fan of the food-service too-sweet tomato sauce used for the pizza fries.
the pizza fries at the booth were not good at all - if you get them in Louie's they are much better

I was VERY disappointed with the twisted tater - soggy and greasy

The burger at a Benny's Burgers was pretty decent and the fries were cooked perfectly - but they did not have any condiments left

The houses are either in soundstages whose entrances are away back stage or tents in the backstage areas. Either way there's nothing visible of the houses themselves during the day. There are covered signs at the entrances of the walkways to each house but if you didn't know it was HHN time you wouldn't know what these signs were for. Some of the set pieces for the scare zones are visible but nothing scary if you're worried about little kids seeing things.

Cool thank you

Thanks Tony67: so helpful to hear from those who attended.

"Finnegans used to be amazing - but now not so much IMO".
The only bummer I'm hearing this year - really enjoyed chilling w/dinner there last year during S&S and it was busy, but not insanely so. Sounds like it's a zoo due to ST - plus from what others mentioned, sometimes they're directing diners to the back of holding area line, which kind of negates S&S benefit. (Although one plus: if I get there early enough to secure a table, drink orders are way easier - no wait at the bar!) :-)

Since we're doing 2 nights, gonna try the Simpsons holding area for 2nd night: would love to hear from anyone who waited there (Regular holding area - not AP entrance as that won't be offered in Oct.)

Can you dine there in AC or is it just an outdoor area?

If you go one page back in the thread I just started at Simpsons holding area. At first, you wait on the bar side of the land and can't go inside. Then, when they have day guests gone they'll open up the inside area. We waited about 15 minutes outside then were able to go inside and sit down for the remaining time.

Reactions: shh

If you go one page back in the thread I just started at Simpsons holding area. At first, you wait on the bar side of the land and can't go inside. Then, when they have day guests gone they'll open up the inside area. We waited about 15 minutes outside then were able to go inside and sit down for the remaining time.
Thank you - I must have accidentally skipped over that part! :-)

For S&S, what time would we need to be inside Finnigans to get a table Inside? Thinking I’ll just head to Poltergeist so don’t care as much about being later in line.

Also, could my family join me at the table for dinner if they will not be doing HHN? Kids are way too young.

Thanks!

For S&S, what time would we need to be inside Finnigans to get a table Inside? Thinking I’ll just head to Poltergeist so don’t care as much about being later in line.

Also, could my family join me at the table for dinner if they will not be doing HHN? Kids are way too young.

Thanks!

People without HHN tickets are not allowed in the park after 5pm. Your family can join you in Finnegan's before that though. I don't know what time to get a table. I heard opening weekend that there were no tables by 4pm. I think it depends upon what day you are going.

the pizza fries at the booth were not good at all - if you get them in Louie's they are much better

I was VERY disappointed with the twisted tater - soggy and greasy

Weird, I had the opposite experience with the pizza fries. I ordered them twice from the booth. Both times I had to wait several minutes for my fries to be ready, but when I got them they were piping hot and delicious. I got them once from Louie’s. He handed them to me immediately after ordering. They had clearly been sitting under a heat lamp for a while. They were very dry. Still pretty good, but not nearly as good as the dedicated booth.

I do agree with you regarding the Twisted Taters. Truly awful.

People without HHN tickets are not allowed in the park after 5pm. Your family can join you in Finnegan's before that though. I don't know what time to get a table. I heard opening weekend that there were no tables by 4pm. I think it depends upon what day you are going.

Thanks so they wouldn’t be kicked out if we get a table by 4? Maybe you don’t know the answer to this but what time do they cut off the train back to Islands if adventure?

Alternatively, would it be possible for me to eat at Leaky Cauldron with the family for dinner and then head over to S&S by Finnigans? Not sure if that restaurant would even be open or if they’d allow me to walk over to Finnigans afterwords.

Appreciate all the guaidance.

Thanks so they wouldn’t be kicked out if we get a table by 4? Maybe you don’t know the answer to this but what time do they cut off the train back to Islands if adventure?

Alternatively, would it be possible for me to eat at Leaky Cauldron with the family for dinner and then head over to S&S by Finnigans? Not sure if that restaurant would even be open or if they’d allow me to walk over to Finnigans afterwords.

Appreciate all the guaidance.
You need to be in the park (studios) before 5
And have the hhn ticket if staying for the ticketed event

Don’t count on getting a table at Finnegans if you arrive there at 4:30
Bar will have a line if you want a drink there

You can stay in the Finnegans holding area but limited places to sit if all the stairs are taken

HE train stops with last train out of the studios at 5 to go over to IOA

It shuts down for the night during hhn

I got to the studios Sunday at 4:59 and they were stopping entry to that park then

I did get in but can’t say how I got in...

Those in the line for screening were told to wait in the line at the front of the park
And enter when park reopened

What time will they usher non-HHN ticket holders out of Finnegan's?

5pm at the latest, but I bet they will start trolling for tickets earlier. The sooner they run you riff raff out, the sooner they can open up for HHN:D

Reactions: shh
5pm at the latest, but I bet they will start trolling for tickets earlier. The sooner they run you riff raff out, the sooner they can open up for HHN:D
Well, get 'em out! :crazy2: lol

We leave in about 37 hours! woohoo! I need to finish up our shirts and then I'll post some!

Well, get 'em out! :crazy2: lol

We leave in about 37 hours! woohoo! I need to finish up our shirts and then I'll post some!

We leave in about 29 hours! I have to finish packing up tonight. Mostly done though. Gotta print out EP, tickets, and touring plans still.

They came by just after 4 and asked for our HHN tickets (eating dinner) then gave us wristbands. Another run by 5 pm same thing even though we already ahd the wristbands.

Woohoo! Which night(s) are you going? We will be in the parks all weekend, but HHN Friday and Sunday.

We will be at Volcano Bay Friday during the day, the parks the rest of the days. We leave Monday afternoon. HHN will be Friday, Saturday, & Sunday nights.

Everyone, round 2 of my questions, this is shorter. Promise. Our day of HHN is Saturday the 13th. Had to make it a Saturday. I love my DIL to pieces, she is the sweetest soul on earth. She is also terrified of all things scary. I don't know how she did it, but she did 7 houses last year. Refused to go to the Saw. She only really liked The Shining, and then made herself brave up and go to others, clinging to my son. She hated the Purge area and refused to be around it. I joked around and asked if she was going again this year with a promise of ST, which she loves, and Epcot the next day. After a little bit of thought, she said yes. So, I think I am going to give her fair warning about Scary Tales. From what I am reading it is more disturbing and "gross" than others. Your take? I don't want her to see this house and refuse all others.

So Finnegans, where we will be heading for our wait zone, there is a line for drinks at the bar even at 4:30? US needs to figure this out better, especially when they have a big ticket house like ST. Not terribly happy about this SS area, but it is what it is.

Thank you everyone.

So if we’re having dinner (me plus 3 non HHN family members) they’ll kick the rest of my group out by 5? Will I be able to stay at the table lol?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter