"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Yes, there will be discounts. However, they won't usually be that significant, maybe $5-10ish a ticket.

I think there is a limit as to how many you can buy, but it does not have to be a family member.
Just to add to this....it’s not a “general” AP or DVC discount. The discounts have historically only been offered for certain nights.

Nothing wrong with you in my book. I would definitely try to squeeze in a park day and/or halloween party.

Yep, I totally agree Davey! I will just need to convince DH, as he may be less than thrilled with driving 3.5 hours to the port the night before when we could just be flying into FLL directly to catch the boat. One thing I have on my side is that I've been churning Disney gift cards and have more than enough to cover 3 party tickets, or even 3 one-day MK tickets if we decide that's the plan. I would even have $$$ left over for a nice meal in the park! Southwest opens their October schedule next week, so I'll see what's best as far as flights. But I definitely know which way I'm leaning! :maleficen

So the only characters I would really want to meet would be the Dwarves and Pooh and gang. Would it be better to get in line early for the Dwarves and then run to Pooh or get in line for Pooh early and try to catch the Dwarves around 11ish?

From past experiences, I would get in line for Dwarves first then Pooh. You will need to get in line early for Dwarves, probably around 4:30ish because the line fills quickly. I got in line at 415 and by 6 there were over 200 people. Last year I got in line for Pooh and waited about 45 minutes because they take multiple breaks. I will be going to the second party they offer this year so I am going to try to keep my eyes opened for everything. My only goal this year is to see Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy down by the big circus tent.

It's all educated guesses until the official announcements, but based on the preliminary hours released, the party will likely begin at 7:00 pm, but the park will likely close at 6:00 pm to allow CMs to clear out the park before 7:00. This is what Disney did at MVMCP last year. We don't know yet what will be the latest time that guests without a party ticket can make an ADR for this year. Last year, later evening ADRs opened later than 180 and later than the announcement of official party dates.
So I'm confused about the park closing at 6 for the Xmas party last year? Does that mean that the party goers couldn't get in at 4 or till 6? Or do you mean they cleared out everyone w/o a party wristband at 6? Sorry for not quite understanding this

So I'm confused about the park closing at 6 for the Xmas party last year? Does that mean that the party goers couldn't get in at 4 or till 6? Or do you mean they cleared out everyone w/o a party wristband at 6? Sorry for not quite understanding this
You were still able to get in at 4. Starting at 6 they began checking wristbands and there were checkpoints (on main street, going into lands, etc.) where you had to show your wristband to get through.

You were still able to get in at 4. Starting at 6 they began checking wristbands and there were checkpoints (on main street, going into lands, etc.) where you had to show your wristband to get through.

That's good to know, I appreciate that they are cracking down on it a bit.

Thank you for clearing that up for me

So the only characters I would really want to meet would be the Dwarves and Pooh and gang. Would it be better to get in line early for the Dwarves and then run to Pooh or get in line for Pooh early and try to catch the Dwarves around 11ish?

We did the Dwarfs just after 11:00pm and we were done in 30 minutes. So, I would recommend doing them in the last 45 minutes or so of the party. I'd much rather do that than line up for 2 hours at 4:00 to be one of the first to see them at 6:00.

I was thinking the same thing! And didn’t people get in trouble for trying too “double dip” on FP+?
Although if you have your MNSSHP ticket on another account separate from your actual resort information account, I believe people are still getting extra FP for that day. Instead of 3 for the normal MK ticket, they also have their Halloween party ticket on a separate account and getting an additional 3 passes between 4-7.

Although if you have your MNSSHP ticket on another account separate from your actual resort information account, I believe people are still getting extra FP for that day. Instead of 3 for the normal MK ticket, they also have their Halloween party ticket on a separate account and getting an additional 3 passes between 4-7.

In all honesty though I don't think it's really worth it since you don't really get 3 FPs for that time but 2. In the past if the FP ended after 6:30 they switched it out to one earlier in the day that you can't use anyways unless you are in the park with regular park ticket. I once booked a FP for 3:45-4:45. 4:45-5:45 and 5:45-6:45 and they cancelled the 5:45 one, I booked it 3 or more times and it got cancelled each time.

From past experiences, I would get in line for Dwarves first then Pooh. You will need to get in line early for Dwarves, probably around 4:30ish because the line fills quickly. I got in line at 415 and by 6 there were over 200 people. Last year I got in line for Pooh and waited about 45 minutes because they take multiple breaks. I will be going to the second party they offer this year so I am going to try to keep my eyes opened for everything. My only goal this year is to see Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy down by the big circus tent.

Is there still a Pooh meet and greet at the UK Pavillion in WS? Or is that long gone? We didn't wait long for that one (granted, that was in 2012).

That's good to know, I appreciate that they are cracking down on it a bit.

There have definitely been more and more freeloaders who stick around for the party without buying a ticket. Even if they can't sneak into rides (and who knows, maybe sometimes they can) they can watch the parade and fireworks for free. These shameless people have contributed to overcrowded parties in recent years. It's too bad that the only way to crack down is by closing the MK EVEN EARLIER than ever!

Last edited:
Going this year but haven't been since 2015. Do they still do the dessert parties? Where can I find info on last years dessert party if they did it?

Going this year but haven't been since 2015. Do they still do the dessert parties? Where can I find info on last years dessert party if they did it?

LAST YEAR'S INFORMATION From http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/halloween.htm

HalloWishes Dessert Party - 2017

This package will include desserts at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant and viewing for the Happy HalloWishes Nighttime Spectacular. Desserts will include a delicious assortment of sweets with items such as chocolate-dipped strawberries, chocolate mousse, cupcakes, ice cream, seasonal fruits, cheeses, and other ghoulish goodies that will be created daily. Specialty drinks, signature lemonades, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate will also be served.

Price is $79 per adult and $49 per child (ages 3-9), tax included. Make reservations by calling (407) WDW-DINE or online by clicking here. Admission to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is required and not included in the package price. Check in is anytime from 4:00-7:00pm; guests will meet at the parade viewing area in Town Square at 7:30pm.

Dessert package WAS available on the following nights LAST YEAR:

August: 25, 29

September: 1, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, and 29

October: 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29, and 31

November: 1

IMPORTANT: To make dining or dessert party reservations that take place during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, you must have a valid event ticket for that night.

I REPEAT, THIS IS INFORMATION FROM LAST YEAR (2017) BECAUSE PP REQUESTED IT

Is there still a Pooh meet and greet at the UK Pavillion in WS? Or is that long gone? We didn't wait long for that one (granted, that was in 2012).
Sadly, the Epcot M&G is gone. But they do still have a regular MK M&G during the day. And are still at Crystal Palace. Tigger and Pooh are also usually at 1900 Park Fare breakfast.

Did Moana meet until midnight last year? Just trying to decide if I want to wait for a couple hours during the 4-7 window or try to catch her at the end of the night right before the final stage show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter