"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I did not realize there were so many MNSSHP threads, out to check them out now - thanks :)

This thread is THE main thread hands down, it encompasses ALL things related to Halloween throughout WDW. My thread is specifically for those wanting to create itineraries that they post following the [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989836"]Guidelines[/URL] ;)

Looking for some advice on which date to attend..Sunday Oct 28th or Tues the 30th? We went on halloween last year and it was fun but really crowded. I know the end of oct is always busier but was wondering of the two mentioned dates, which would be better? TIA

In my experience they will be about the same crowd wise. I would go for the 29th, if poor weather is an issue you will still have the 30th. ;)

I thought the party happened regardless of weather?

It does but its not super enjoyable in torrential rain, and they will cancel the parades. The weather is always a gamble, particularly for the early dates in August and September when there always seems to be a pesky hurricane or two off of one of the coasts that brings in nasty weather bands.

Oh, and they do NOT refund for weather.

Actually we went a few years and there was torrential rains. They were handing out cards which were vouchers for a one day pass to the MK. You could also go to guest services where there was a huge line to request a refund instead of the voucher

You got lucky. It states on the tickets there are no refunds for weather. If enough people complain about something, they tend to give in though. A one day pass to the MK is more valuable than a party ticket, but personally, I'd have rather had a ticket to another party. I noticed you didn't say they were giving those.......not equal compensation.

You got lucky. It states on the tickets there are no refunds for weather. If enough people complain about something, they tend to give in though. A one day pass to the MK is more valuable than a party ticket, but personally, I'd have rather had a ticket to another party. I noticed you didn't say they were giving those.......not equal compensation.

Yes actually they were definitely offering those as well but we weren't going to be there long enough for another party

Yes actually they were definitely offering those as well but we weren't going to be there long enough for another party

Cool. Just goes to show you that if enough people complain, they'll cave to just about anything, even their written policies. This gives me hope they will redact the resort parking fee.

I’m going to the 9/30 party! Anyone else going on that day?

I already have my clothes picked, I’m disneybouding as Jack Skellington and here’s the outfit I put together:

260AB480-A01A-44CA-9FF7-C17493731BEA.png
D6BA5E6D-824F-4F63-A617-361DDC659294.jpeg

7611EC42-6CC0-49B5-A6B2-BAF2E6152A6C.jpeg

I bought the jumper last week and both the choker and the hat were bought just today and they are making their way all the way from China, but I have time and I’m not worried!

For shoes I’m going for comfort and using my black and white Vans.

I really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY wish they would do the Villains Sinister Soiree again. Best dessert party ever, so far above and beyond the Hallowishes Dessert Party. Yes, it was stupid expensive, and yes, they only did it the one year, but it was so worth the money. I would pay what I paid plus half more to do it again.
Best paid event I attended since I started going to WDW! We went on Halloween Night and loved everything!! The characters, special parade viewing spot and the main course and sweets were fantastic! I do wish they brought that back!

My DD10 and I now have tickets for the October 25 party. It's exciting to have this as part of our plans and I'll be sure to be following this thread to learn more about the party as October approaches.

I was also introduced to the world of "Disneyboarding" from a friend! After doing a little bit of searching around, that's the approach I'll take to dressing up for the evening, while DD will likely take a more traditional costume approach.::MickeyMo

I was also introduced to the world of "Disneyboarding" from a friend! After doing a little bit of searching around, that's the approach I'll take to dressing up for the evening, while DD will likely take a more traditional costume approach.::MickeyMo

Do share!???
"Disneyboarding"?

Help! Oct 30 or Oct 31?
Last year we did the 11/1 party (Arrived 11/1). This year flying in 10/30. I was planning on taking the last flight if the day (after work)& doing the 11/1 party, but there is none. Now the options are 10/31 OR extra day off work & earlier flight for the 10/30 party. Thoughts? Is there ANY crowd advantage to 10/30...or both pretty crowded so doesn’t matter?

Oh goodness, how embarrassing. :worried: Yes, Disneybounding was what I meant. Essentially dressing in a style (colors, key elements) of a Disney character, without actually wearing a character outfit. There’s plenty of examples on Pinterest. Thank you for the catch on my error, everyone.::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter