• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

This will be our first time there, too! We are fortunate enough to do 2 parties so we will watch the parade from Frontierland during one party and Main St for the other. If I was only doing one party I would watch it from Frontierland. I would assume it is decorated over there, but I don't know for sure.

Not sure what kind of decorations you are talking about but I personal don't remember any special decorations when I watched in Frontierland before but that was over 5 years ago.

Oh I would much rather be in Frontierland anyways!!! It's decorated right? This will be our first time.
We usually watch the parade from Frontierland and have had good luck finding a great viewing spot 15-30 minutes prior to the parade start time. It's not really decorated, but the lighting is spooky and fantastic! There's also fog over the river that starts right as the party begins.
Frontier Land MNSSHP parade.jpg Frontier Land fog MNSSHP.jpg

Do the MK party restaurants (BOG, Crystal Palace and CRT) get decorated for each Holiday (Halloween and Christmas)? I know the parks and resorts do, but I thought it might be neat to eat at one of the restaurants during the holiday parties if they also felt like that holiday. Would be a different experience then just eating there on a normal day. We have a BOG reservation during MNSSHP and I was just curious if it would be any different than other times we have been there.

BOG is beautifully decorated for Christmas, but not Halloween.

Cs6IwGF.jpg

zeQxN8u.jpg

ijr7wE0.jpg

Last edited:

Do the MK party restaurants (BOG, Crystal Palace and CRT) get decorated for each Holiday (Halloween and Christmas)? I know the parks and resorts do, but I thought it might be neat to eat at one of the restaurants during the holiday parties if they also felt like that holiday. Would be a different experience then just eating there on a normal day. We have a BOG reservation during MNSSHP and I was just curious if it would be any different than other times we have been there.
no :( no special menu items, nothin! another reason Disneyland does Halloween better! Blue Bayou had Hatbox Ghost chocolate with their Halloween menu.

Does anyone know what quick serve restaurants are open during the halloween party. We don't want to do a sit down meal but I know everyone will be hungry around 8:00

Does anyone know what quick serve restaurants are open during the halloween party. We don't want to do a sit down meal but I know everyone will be hungry around 8:00
They have not been announced but these were the 2017 Quick Service options according to last year's party thread.

Counter Service Dining Locations Open During Party:

Main Street U.S.A.
Main Street Bakery
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
Casey's Corner

Adventureland
Aloha Isla

Frontierland
Pecos Bills Tall Tale Inn
Churro Cart

Liberty Square
Sleepy Hollow
Liberty Square market (until 9pm)
Columbia Harbor House (until 8pm)

Fantasyland
The Friars Nook (until 10pm)
Storybook Treats
Gastons Tavern

Tomorrowland
Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe
Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies
The Lunching Pad

This is going to be a silly question as I’m sure the answer is yes, but I want to be 100% sure: even though you can’t make fast passes during the party, the app will still keep posting wait times for attractions, correct? Thanks in advance!

I keep asking the same question but it's getting glanced over. Aug 28 party. Does it have the possibility of being one of the more "crowded" parties given that it's still early in the season and that someone had mentioned it could be opened to CM as well? Maybe the RED font will help this one stand out- lol.

Thanks for any feedback.

This is going to be a silly question as I’m sure the answer is yes, but I want to be 100% sure: even though you can’t make fast passes during the party, the app will still keep posting wait times for attractions, correct? Thanks in advance!
Correct

My family is dressing up as Wilderness Explorers and Kevin the Snipe (and baby) from Up. Is a bird nose considered a mask? My daughter and I were going to get them as part of our costume but I'll just get her one (6 years old), if it is not allowed for an adult. It just covers my nose and I would likely only wear it for a few pictures.

My family is dressing up as Wilderness Explorers and Kevin the Snipe (and baby) from Up. Is a bird nose considered a mask? My daughter and I were going to get them as part of our costume but I'll just get her one (6 years old), if it is not allowed for an adult. It just covers my nose and I would likely only wear it for a few pictures.
I think you’d be fine with that. If you’re really concerned, carry it in and only put it on for pictures.

I am sure this has been answered in the thread before, but I had a question on obtaining hard tickets for the event. I am on set on my reservation for Oct. 28th on online, but could I call Disney and ask for hard tickets as well? It is more for wanting a collectible since this will be DW and my first MSNNHP.

Do you have to purchase AP tickets ahead of time to get the full AP discount?
If we waited till day of, will the AP price still be $74 (or whatever is listed above, we are going in Sept)?
We have a choice of 2 dates and really want to watch the weather before choosing.
Or have they ever allowed guests to switch to another date? (I know there are no refunds, but if the weather looks dicey, can we switch the date?)

Last edited:
Do you have to purchase AP tickets ahead of time to get the full AP discount?
If we waited till day of, will the AP price still be $74 (or whatever is listed above, we are going in Sept)?
We have a choice of 2 dates and really want to watch the weather before choosing.
Or have they ever switched dates? (I know there are no refunds, but if the weather looks dicey, can we switch the date?)
No, they don't switch party dates if the weather is bad as that would affect all other guests going to the MK.

That being said, I have heard of people being able to switch their party tickets to a party on a different day if the weather is really rainy the night of their scheduled party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter