"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

For those who have the dessert package with parade viewing and with the possibility of the parade time changing one hour earlier, have any of you guys looked at your ADR? Will you need to make changes? Is it too late to make changes?

I have a plaza ADR for 4:55 PM. We did it early so we would be hungry for desserts at the party. I think my time should be ok.

I have a plaza ADR for 4:55 PM. We did it early so we would be hungry for desserts at the party. I think my time should be ok.

I think that's a perfect time slot and if you get hungry later in the evening quick serve will be available for anyone looking for non sugar bites.

I'm more concerned for anyone with a later ADR that might not allow them enough time to arrive at the parade viewing area in time. I know back in 2015 there was a cut off time Disney implemented. Here's the layout:

What took place Sept. 2015 with 1st parade at 8:35, fireworks at 10:00
Check-In at the flagpole at 7:45 per lanyard instructions, but people checked in at 8pm-8:30pm and were fine.
Served water bottles
Parade View Entry Ended at 8:30
Headless Horseman arrived at 8:30
Parade arrived at 8:55 (25 minutes later)

Does this ring a bell with anyone? :ssst: Remember, this was for the dessert party.

Last edited:
I think that's a perfect time slot and if you get hungry later in the evening quick serve will be available for anyone looking for non sugar bites.

I'm more concerned for anyone with a later ADR that might not allow them enough time to arrive at the parade viewing area in time. I know back in 2015 there was a cut off time Disney implemented. Here's the layout:

What took place Sept. 2015 with 1st parade at 8:35, fireworks at 10:00
Check-In at the flagpole at 7:45 per lanyard instructions, but people checked in at 8pm-8:30pm and were fine.
Served water bottles
Parade View Entry Ended at 8:30
Headless Horseman arrived at 8:30
Parade arrived at 8:55 (25 minutes later)

Does this ring a bell with anyone? :ssst:

That's a great point. I wish they offered other snacks for trick or treating besides candy. At Disneyland Halloween Parties we have gotten carrots and craisins and stuff

If the parade viewing location has changed from the flag pole to the hub and the parade starts at 8:15pm, I'm guessing you'll need to arrive no later than 8pm. If you have a 7:20 ADR or later that might not work. I would try to modify it to 6:45 up to 7pm.

I think it must be the time for gathering they are referring to and this is pointing to the first parade being in the 8:15 to 8:30 range because in 2016 when the parade was early, my confirmation did say gather at parade viewing area starting at 7:30.

I agree...that has to be what the CM meant. Thank you for sharing what you experienced in 2016, as well!! That is very helpful :)

Anyone remember when the flyer for the parties came out last year? We are going September 3rd, can't wait to get started on planning!

Anyone remember when the flyer for the parties came out last year? We are going September 3rd, can't wait to get started on planning!

From Disney Parks Blog

• Merchandise photos & info was released on August 14, 2017
  • Specialty & Anytime Treats were announced on August 17, 2017
  • Disney Photopass for MNSSHP were released on August 23, 2017
From Disney Bloggers
  • Released info on MNSSHP 2017 Pins on August 2, 2017
  • Party Maps were released on Aug 24, 2017, which confirms Parade Times, Hocus Pocus Show, Dance Party, Trick or Treat Locations, Quick Serve Locations, Specialty & Anytime Treats, Merchandise locations and some photopass locations.
Aug 25, 2017 - Night of first party
  • Specialty Popcorn Buckets & info
  • Character information
As you can see, we'll be waiting for a while to see more info.

From Disney Parks Blog
  • Merchandise photos & info was released on August 14, 2017
  • Specialty & Anytime Treats were announced on August 17, 2017
  • Disney Photopass for MNSSHP were released on August 23, 2017
From Disney Bloggers
  • Released info on MNSSHP 2017 Pins on August 2, 2017
  • Party Maps were released on Aug 24, 2017, which confirms Parade Times, Hocus Pocus Show, Dance Party, Trick or Treat Locations, Quick Serve Locations, Specialty & Anytime Treats, Merchandise locations and some photopass locations.
Aug 25, 2017 - Night of first party
  • Specialty Popcorn Buckets & info
  • Character information
As you can see, we'll be waiting for a while to see more info.

Thank you! I was hoping it would be soon! I made fast passes yesterday so i'm in full on planning mode!

For those who have the dessert package with parade viewing and with the possibility of the parade time changing one hour earlier, have any of you guys looked at your ADR? Will you need to make changes? Is it too late to make changes?

I intentionally made an ADR at 3:45 so I could enjoy the majority of the party (and was hopeful that they'd have a dessert party.) Last time we had a 3:30 ADR at 'Ohana, then the dessert party that night and the timing was great. I hope they have some of the savory options they have at the regular HEA dessert party.

Hi! Yes I agree it would not let me book a dinner reservation with out a party ticket otherwise.

We have a 5:40 CRT reservation on a party night. We aren’t attending that party. I figured we would eat and then just leave afterwards. I’m looking forward to people watching (if we get a table with a view).

The dreaded email from Disney came this morning that my "extra" day of fast passes would be cancelled. I called and was on hold A LONG TIME (I checked my phone and it was 35 minutes before someone picked up). I was on hold more than that so that the CM could talk to tech to figure out what happened. She finally came back to tell me that the problem was that I had picked three fast passes the earliest one starting at 3:20-4:20. You can't pick one before 4pm if you have a party ticket, which pretty much means you can only pick two fast passes. She told me that if I deleted the one that started before 4, I should be okay. I said that if I delete that one and it still deletes my last day, would they restore it and she said yes. I screen shotted it all so that I have a record. After being on hold multiple times for her to talk to tech, I finally got my answer after 70. minutes. I deleted the 3 pm fastness and I"m hoping for the best. I just wanted to report back for those who are doing the party later.

Hmm, I thought you booked only two FP's on your party ticket...

Just to add the FP reports, we have 4 day tickets plus MNSSHP tickets for 8/28. I booked my four park days and then got two fast passes for MNSSHP which is in the middle of our trip. The fast passes ended at 6 (i.e. my second fastness is for 5:25-6:00) not the usual one hour. That was this morning, and so far no email that I will lose another day of fast passes. I hope it works!

You must have gone back to make changes?

The dreaded email from Disney came this morning that my "extra" day of fast passes would be cancelled. She finally came back to tell me that the problem was that I had picked three fast passes the earliest one starting at 3:20-4:20. You can't pick one before 4pm if you have a party ticket, which pretty much means you can only pick two fast passes.

Did you make any changes to your resort reservation? I wonder what would have happened if you only booked two fp's.

The part of only being able to book two FP's is the same we heard last year but it wasn't true. Many of us had three and mine started at 3:20-4:20. One thing is for certain, Disney is being consistent with their confusion! o_O

Hmm, I thought you booked only two FP's on your party ticket...

You must have gone back to make changes?

Did you make any changes to your resort reservation? I wonder what would have happened if you only booked two fp's.

The part of only being able to book two FP's is the same we heard last year but it wasn't true. Many of us had three and mine started at 3:20-4:20. One thing is for certain, Disney is being consistent with their confusion! o_O
Yes, after reading more people on here say that they got three as long as it overlapped, I went back to add a third. I guess I shouldn't have.

Yes, after reading more people on here say that they got three as long as it overlapped, I went back to add a third. I guess I shouldn't have.

I was really hoping to see what would have happened if you did only book two. I was really excited that you posted this back then.

Last year @Queen of the WDW Scene created the 2017 Cancelled FP thread in an attempt to find out why some guest were being targeted. She believes it was due to guests making changes to their resort reservations, this can been viewed: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-50#post-59403136"]here[/URL].

I'm wondering if it has to do with making changes on your FP's, maybe a few times. I'm only trying to clear things up and not call you out, I sincerely hope you understand that. Though I would still like to know if you made any changes to your resort reservation, did you? Thanks buddy and I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Does assigning the Halloween tickets to a "fake" profile avoid this issues?
Meaning fastpasses can only be made 30 days out?

Does assigning the Halloween tickets to a "fake" profile avoid this issues?
Meaning fastpasses can only be made 30 days out?

Careful that can get you in trouble talking about that here. Best to move along from that topic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter