"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

What happens if I'm at a park in the morning and use my three fast passes then? Can I still get some for that 4-6 time frame for MNSSHP? This is our last day at the park if that is an issue.

What happens if I'm at a park in the morning and use my three fast passes then? Can I still get some for that 4-6 time frame for MNSSHP? This is our last day at the park if that is an issue.
You can add FPs one at a time after using your first three. So you can keep getting them all day right through the 4-6 time frame. Or if you go back to your resort in the afternoon you can add a FP to use when you return for the party at 4

Most of us have been able to secure FP with our party ticket.

The poster I as replying to was asking about the special Space Mountain overlay which is only happening during the party and there are no FP during the party.

The grace period on FPs is 5 minutes early and 15 minutes late.

Yes, you are correct and I did correct my post to prevent confusion just note during special events it is not guaranteed.

- FP return windows for most rides and character M&Gs are 60 minutes long. The FP system normally allows a grace period of 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after the return window, but guests are advised against relying on the grace period. CMs have the ability to override the system and deny entry during the grace period depending on the situation.
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/#post-55337486"]FastPass+ Frequently Asked Questions Post #2[/URL]

Does the Haunted Mansion have crazy wait times during the parties? I'm waiting to see how party ticket fast passes work out for people, but if it seems to be working I'll grab two and I'm debating between BTM, Haunted Mansion, and Jungle Cruise. Thanks!

I've only been to the party once, on Halloween in 2017...sold out party, and the line was long, but I wouldn't call it "crazy" think an hour at the peak...but with all the characters roaming the lawn and line to entertain, it wasn't bad.

had such a fun time last year, we just booked a trip again this year with the pixie dust that arrived in the mail...going for just a four day trip...two party nights! taking the 17 year old because she missed the last trip...she's done the Christmas ones, but know she would like this one even better. Reserved the dessert party with plaza viewing to ensure good fireworks viewing.

It is all part of a year long "enjoy everything we can" before she goes away to college in 2019.

My children will be 7 and 2 and I decided to book two FP that typically aren't open during the party. We have Enchanted Tales with Belle and Jungle Cruise as well as Buzz Lightyear.
At 2017 mnsshp we had FP for Peter pan, haunted mansion and Jungle Cruise (FP between 3:15 and 6:15). The FP line for jungle cruise was 45 min! And that line is brutally hot! We were miserable. In 2015 however, our FP for jungle cruise at mnsshp (between 4 and 7) was a walk on. So I don't know why it was so bad last year. We are skipping Jungle cruise this year.

Not at all, been there done that. It worked really well from kindergarten through eighth grade, but from ninth through senior year we'll avoid taking time off during the last week of October to make our annual trip, too many obligations: Scouts, music, sports, church and volunteering, all of which should help make college applications shine and teach our son a few life lessons.

My daughter will be a Junior this year. I know I shouldn't do it, but we will just talk to her teachers before we go and let them know she will miss a few days. Hopefully we can get the work done BEFORE she leaves.

Interesting...so you have been able to get fast passes for what times? 4-7? And you don’t have a day ticket?
I have a two day pass. I will be using it on Wednesday my arrival day and then Thursday. I have decided to rest on Friday before entering the Halloween party. I was able to secure 2 fast passes: first one at 4:10 and the second at 5:25.

We do not have park tickets at all for this trip, only the party. My FPs are booked from 3:30-6:00 so I was able to secure three.
Be careful with the early one because someone on here had one before 4 pm and was informed by WDW to cancel it because the party does not start until 4pm.

My daughter will be a Junior this year. I know I shouldn't do it, but we will just talk to her teachers before we go and let them know she will miss a few days. Hopefully we can get the work done BEFORE she leaves.

Most schools are good about this. Some are really anal about it because they can’t excuse absences for vacation and if your kid isn’t excused they don’t get paid for them. My nephews school does a really cool program that allows students to take vacation and have all the work from the teachers prior to the trip. In order to make sure they are doing it they required them to email homework in through out the time they were out. Everyday we took a break at the hotel and required them to do 2 hours of home work each day in the room. It worked out great. Have a great trip

Be careful with the early one because someone on here had one before 4 pm and was informed by WDW to cancel it because the party does not start until 4pm.
My FPs start at 3:15 and I haven’t received anything from Disney about them being before 4:00. They are booked on the party ticket as that’s the only ticket I have on my account. I’ve been keeping an eye on them and they’re still there.

I'm thinking they were targeted for some unknown reason like last year.

My FPs start at 3:15 and I haven’t received anything from Disney about them being before 4:00. They are booked on the party ticket as that’s the only ticket I have on my account. I’ve been keeping an eye on them and they’re still there.
Same here and I have a 6 day park hopper ticket with my MNSSHP ticket. My FPs start at 3:20p and nothing from Disney (hopefully it stays that way!)

I’m really sorry if this has already been asked...I don5 have time to read the whole thread!

I’m considering the Halloween party. We would be going on arrival night. Will the system know to take the party ticket and not my regular ticket? I’ve never done a hard ticket event and am not sure how it works.

I’m really sorry if this has already been asked...I don5 have time to read the whole thread!

I’m considering the Halloween party. We would be going on arrival night. Will the system know to take the party ticket and not my regular ticket? I’ve never done a hard ticket event and am not sure how it works.
You just need to make sure you go through the Event Entrance. This entrance is usually in the middle of the turn stiles and is clearly labeled. I'm sure you'll see other people lined up there to get in as well.

Well, looks like I truly will be a guinea pig for the dessert party on the first night. :scared:
Winston just called again, and repeated what later CMs have told you all. Check in at 4:30 at the podium, they will tell us everything then, probably not before. Yikes!
He said they sent over a list to them and they will use that list to identify those with parade viewing.-figured that much.
He said they do not know where viewing is, nor how it will work with parade at 9:15 and dessert party starting at 9:15.

Guess we will have to be surprised. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter