"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

No real words of advice here, but for the FWIW file, me and DS showed up very late to the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party sometime last year and were given one of the "inferior" tables nearly all the way to the right (if facing the castle).

View attachment 339692

View attachment 339690

Granted, this wasn't during MNSSHP and they may do things differently for MNSSHP versions of the party (but I wouldn't really think so?). But, I wasn't complaining about this view at all and we had a wonderful night despite being probably the last two people to show up.

I know not much help (and YMMV of course), just wanted to say I hope it all works out for you.

Thanks so much; I appreciate this! :) That is a lovely view.

I was thinking of either doing character meet/greet or rides during the 1st parade then watching fireworks., parade and hocus pocus show Will all the good spots for fireworks already be taken?

Another question, do the meet the character lines during MNSSHP work the same as the rides where you can line up all the way until closing time. Say you walk up to the Seven Dwarfs line at 11:55 and there are still a good number of people in line, about a 30 minute wait, will they still allow you to get in line?

Ride lines work the same in that as long as you are in line by 11:59pm you will be able to ride.

Character lines can close early (possibly as early as 11:15?? - others can confirm) for those characters who are popular and have a substantial line in place.

I believe character lines will close depending on the wait time. If it's 11 and there is an hour wait I think the line will close. I can be misinformed but I believe this is the case.

Attractions are open up until the last second. As long as you are in the line before the rope is pulled across the entrance you will ride, no matter what the posted wait it.

Ride lines work the same in that as long as you are in line by 11:59pm you will be able to ride.

Character lines can close early (possibly as early as 11:15?? - others can confirm) for those characters who are popular and have a substantial line in place.

Yup you are right :) I have seen them close the line for Jack and Sally at 10:45ish...and that was at an early September party that wasn’t sold out.

If we don't arrive before 4pm, say like 4:15, for the Aug 28th party, how bad will the wait at the entrance be to get in? Thanks!

Not sure if this has ben answered yet, and if it has - could anyone point me to the post?

We're going to the first party (AH SO SOON!). A member of our party is very eager to meet Sulley, and I know he's at the dance party which is not an official meet. Would she still be able to snap a picture with him at the dance party?

Not sure if this has ben answered yet, and if it has - could anyone point me to the post?

We're going to the first party (AH SO SOON!). A member of our party is very eager to meet Sulley, and I know he's at the dance party which is not an official meet. Would she still be able to snap a picture with him at the dance party?

Yes, provided it's still going to happen. This is the point I made a while ago, Disney currently has the new dance party featured on their website but not the Scream. Again I'm wondering if they'll have both or just the new one. :confused3

pirate: Do you and/or your kids say "Trick or Treat" to the CM's or just walk up to them with your bag open?

We have been to so many MNSSHP but last year we went and they had a TON of candy. The most I have ever seen. Every other year before that we rarely got any candy. It was always gone before we grabbed any. That is a huge plus for Disney...it is great they have fixed that issue.

This is the first I've ever heard of them running out of candy. This will be our first MNSSHP and many are recommending we wait until later in the evening to ToT both because lines will be shorter and because we won't have to carry the candy around for so long.

Is it normal that CMs run out of candy before the end of the night? This might change up the order that we do some things.

This is the first I've ever heard of them running out of candy. This will be our first MNSSHP and many are recommending we wait until later in the evening to ToT both because lines will be shorter and because we won't have to carry the candy around for so long.

Is it normal that CMs run out of candy before the end of the night? This might change up the order that we do some things.

Sorry I should have been more clear, It's the first I've ever read anything like this. Nope, keep your plans as is. I always attend the last parties of the season. We do two parties every trip. I wonder if OP is referring to the Allergy Friendly treats then I would have to somewhat agree. In the beginning there is a really nice selection but towards the end we have first hand experience that the best choices are long gone or you are extremely limited to the amount given.

Last edited:
Prior to attending MNSSHP, one of the weirdest/unusual things I've ever seen on Halloween night was a woman driving her SUV while her preteen son was trick or treating. This was in my neighbor hood. :drive:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter