"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Almost!

Disney refunded 100% of our funds when I had to cancel due to Irma but Southwest issued a travel credit that needed to be used up by mid-February. My DD and I went on our 8 night Irma replacement trip in Jan of this year and had a blast!

While on that trip in Jan I booked us BB offer which will be a surprise 4 night trip later this month (she still doesn't have a clue) with the hopes of being able to book a Free Dining trip for September 2019. Sure enough a FD BB for 2019 is out so we'll be booking that later this month! This month's trip will be all about the water parks plus 1 night at MNSSHP so we'll still get a little MK time!

I hope we're both hurricane free this year @Elsaalltheway!!

I hope we are all hurricane free. I hit Matthew and Irma the last two years. This year surely will be hurricane free.

Just checked Touring Plans and Aug 28th (our party day too!) is forecasted to be only 1/10!! Woo hoo!! :yay: Will be a great day to be there even during the 4:00 - 6:00 window!

The only ticket we have is a MNSSHP ticket. I was able to book my first FP at 3:20 so you can attempt to move your first FP earlier and then adjust from there.

I was wondering if we could book FP's before 3:30. I couldn't find a Tinkerbell FP except for 3:20 and we wanted to do that first since we're going as Peter and the gang. Maybe I should snag it up.

I am so excited that we have bought tickets for the first party! I can't take my children out of school anymore during the year so this was a nice surprise (daughters are 10 and 16 - planned the trip before we knew about the party dates). I would like some advice on the Boo-to-You Parade. We would like to go to the 9:15 parade. When should we try and sit on Main Street (our favorite spot for parades)? We are willing to spend as much time as possible reserving our seats as the parade is the highlight of the night. Thank you in advance!

Well, I didn’t book FPs for my party on 9/30 because I was concerned about getting the “dredded email.” Well, I still got it. Ugh!

So I have 2 reservations at the same hotel with the same room. Long story short is I created a second booking so I could get a discount but I got it for only the first half of my stay. My total reservation is Saturday to Saturday (7 nights) with a 6 day pass. My 6 day pass is only for me, DH and DD. DS is 2. My mother is traveling with us and has a 7 day pass purchased thru a secondary ticket broker.

Two weeks ago (before my 60 day window) I adjusted the dates for one of my reservations so I had no overlap for the dates I have my second hotel reservation with the discount. I kept my tix (6 days) associated with my first booking. BUT the change wasn’t showing on MDE, so yesterday I called IT to get the change pushed through to MDE.

This morning I received an email warning me that my FP selections for the last 2 nights of my first reservation (the middle of my total stay) are going to be taken away because I don’t have enough FPs!

Crazy. Right!?

Almost!

Disney refunded 100% of our funds when I had to cancel due to Irma but Southwest issued a travel credit that needed to be used up by mid-February. My DD and I went on our 8 night Irma replacement trip in Jan of this year and had a blast!

While on that trip in Jan I booked us BB offer which will be a surprise 4 night trip later this month (she still doesn't have a clue) with the hopes of being able to book a Free Dining trip for September 2019. Sure enough a FD BB for 2019 is out so we'll be booking that later this month! This month's trip will be all about the water parks plus 1 night at MNSSHP so we'll still get a little MK time!

I hope we're both hurricane free this year @Elsaalltheway!!

I hope we are all hurricane free. I hit Matthew and Irma the last two years. This year surely will be hurricane free.

I have also had 2 trips in a row during the hurricanes. If a hurricane is going to hit this year, it'll be September 19-23! We stayed through Matthew, but ended up cancelling because of Irma. I rescheduled that trip for the end of January. My DD was very disappointed to miss the Halloween party. January is just not the same as fall.

Also, does anyone know where we can acquire dry-fit Halloween T-shirts? No way in hell we are wearing costumes of any kind on August 28th, and regular cotton T shirts are a pain in the @ss with the humidity being what it typically is for this time of the year. A few years back, we were there in October but it was a hot period- both boys were lifeguards. That was an easy one.

Today was FP day for us. Got up at 3:45 AM today and got everything we wanted. After booking all of our regular FP I booked for our party night. I hope not to get the email that everyone else dreads getting. If it happens then I am guessing I need to call Disney to fix the problem. I was able to get 7DMT, Peter Pan, and Big Thunder. Hope it all works out.

A guide to Halloween "Novelty" options is up on the Disney Parks blog:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/08/novelty-guide-to-halloween-2018-at-disney-parks/

Looks like novelty means food-related in this case, popcorn buckets, cups, and straw clips. Way down at the bottom of the post it says "And if you’re interested in those fun Halloween sweets, fear not! My 2018 Halloween Disney Parks Foodie Guides are soon to come. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog to find out more!" So yay! Foodie guides are almost here!

A guide to Halloween "Novelty" options is up on the Disney Parks blog:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/08/novelty-guide-to-halloween-2018-at-disney-parks/

Looks like novelty means food-related in this case, popcorn buckets, cups, and straw clips. Way down at the bottom of the post it says "And if you’re interested in those fun Halloween sweets, fear not! My 2018 Halloween Disney Parks Foodie Guides are soon to come. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog to find out more!" So yay! Foodie guides are almost here!

all of it. i want it all.

How long will the lines be for the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket be during the party most likely? Last year at Disneyland, the lines were always ridiculously long (an hour +) while we were there so we didn’t pick one up.

DPB... would it have killed them to have WDW and DL seperate sections or posts?

I was too focused/angry that some Halloween stuff isn't coming out until mid-September even though the parties start in August. Way to make me think I picked the wrong time to attend the party. :headache:

" the new Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket. Starting mid-September, this light-up bucket will be available at Disneyland park at Disneyland Resort and all four parks and Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort!"

I have also had 2 trips in a row during the hurricanes. If a hurricane is going to hit this year, it'll be September 19-23! We stayed through Matthew, but ended up cancelling because of Irma. I rescheduled that trip for the end of January. My DD was very disappointed to miss the Halloween party. January is just not the same as fall.
Whew I'll be gone by then.

And am I reading this right that the resort refillable mugs will be Halloween themed?! May have to splurge this trip if so!

I read it that way too! My October trip is so short that I was going to skip mugs, but I think everyone in my family may need "Mickey and Minnie all decked out in their Halloween best as well as Chip and Dale as adorable little bats" on rapid refill mugs!

I was too focused/angry that some Halloween stuff isn't coming out until mid-September even though the parties start in August. Way to make me think I picked the wrong time to attend the party. :headache:

" the new Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket. Starting mid-September, this light-up bucket will be available at Disneyland park at Disneyland Resort and all four parks and Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort!"

Had the same reaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter