• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I hope they do but I agree with everyone who says they should hold a certain amount for each party to allow people to have a chance. Honestly they should only allow 2 per ticket purchased in my opinion.

Agreed! I know when I was doing the runDisney events it was a huge problem! We kept screaming that to purchase the race-specific merch you should either have to pre-order it like you could the special D&B bags and/or be required to show your event bib so you could only get the stuff for the race(s) you were doing (obviously someone doing Dopey for Marathon Weekend could get 5K, 10K, Half, Full, Goofy, and Dopey stuff - but if someone was doing "only" the 5K they could not get Marathon stuff), but at least as long as I was doing it, they never did anything like that. Because I want to do a t-shirt quilt with my shirts, I had to spend money on a Goofy shirt I'd never wear (it was either way too big or way too small) because eBayers had scooped up everything in the middle sizes.

I can imagine! I worked in the Disney Store the Christmas that the first Toy Story came out and Buzz Lightyear was THE big toy that everyone wanted. We had people sleeping outside (in below freezing temperatures) the shopping centre so they were first in the queue for our delivery on Christmas Eve. My guess is that people are still like this with the rare merchandise.

I worked at the Disney Store on Times Square when Frozen was THE thing! We'd have similar things with people lining up when they knew shipments were coming in. They finally had to do a lottery for the ability to buy a dress. (They did the same thing with the Limited Edition designer dolls - not just Frozen- that came in.) And there was a limit on how many things people could purchase.

But we had no way of knowing that a) they had not been at another store and bought stuff or b) that they weren't coming back later in the day to see if there was still stock.

I worked at the Disney Store on Times Square when Frozen was THE thing! We'd have similar things with people lining up when they knew shipments were coming in. They finally had to do a lottery for the ability to buy a dress. (They did the same thing with the Limited Edition designer dolls - not just Frozen- that came in.) And there was a limit on how many things people could purchase.

But we had no way of knowing that a) they had not been at another store and bought stuff or b) that they weren't coming back later in the day to see if there was still stock.

That must have been brutal! This was 1996, so pre-eBay, which probably helped a lot. I don’t remember us having to put limits on how many Buzz and Woody dolls people could buy, but I do remember it being the longest 8 hour shift in my working life! :ssst:

I bought a Dooney bag online last year and it cost $100 in shipping alone, never mind the customs fee I had to pay which was around £65 ($82) :scared1:

Ouch!!!

Quick question about the Trick or Treat trails. Will they basically carry the same candy or do different locations have different items? We're not doing a lot of the Halloween events (basically using this as an opportunity to ride the rides with shorter lines since it's our only park experience this trip) but wondering how many T or T trails we should plan to visit?

Quick question about the Trick or Treat trails. Will they basically carry the same candy or do different locations have different items? We're not doing a lot of the Halloween events (basically using this as an opportunity to ride the rides with shorter lines since it's our only park experience this trip) but wondering how many T or T trails we should plan to visit?

Most have the same style of candy but maybe some difference at different locations. Can't remember if Disney World offered some exclusive ones at different places also but I remember DL offering some.

The news here is that BTMRR is open

The other news is the map confirms the 7D meet appears to be in the big Pete tent where Goofy/Donald and Minnie/Daisy meet during the day, or where the old treat location during the party was. This seems to utilize that space better IMO.

Also, I guess Stitch is by or at his ride, since the other character location in Tomorrowland is Lotso

Also, I don't see a spot marked for Cruella? Wasnt she at the train station where the new treat station is now?

How long are the characters out for? Specifically Jack and Sally. Are they there all night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter