"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

So this may be a newbie question, but I'm wondering if there is a way to predict how busy your MNSSHP day will be. This will be our first one -- first special party of any kind -- and we're going August 31. It's late August which suggests to me it could be less crowded, but it's also a Friday.

Thoughts? I'm not changing anything, so my dear spouse wonders why I care to worry about such things....

The only place I know that predicts is this one, and I think Brian does a pretty good job at it. Remember its just a prediction and they can be wrong. Have a good strategy, be willing to change on the fly, and you'll be fine. Try not to over think it and enjoy it. We think they are a blast!

https://blog.touringplans.com/2018/05/30/least-crowded-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-of-2018/

Last edited:

So this may be a newbie question, but I'm wondering if there is a way to predict how busy your MNSSHP day will be. This will be our first one -- first special party of any kind -- and we're going August 31. It's late August which suggests to me it could be less crowded, but it's also a Friday.

Thoughts? I'm not changing anything, so my dear spouse wonders why I care to worry about such things....

Touringplans has parties listed this way. Link on Page 1, Post #2.
https://blog.touringplans.com/2018/05/30/least-crowded-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-of-2018/

However, if you have a plan you will be fine. I have had great nights at Sold Out MNSSHP & MVMCP, as OP have posted too. Just arrive early and maximize your time and prioritize.

I’ve seen a few people on here say they’re going to pick up their SOTMK card at the end of the night after the park is closed. I hadn’t given picking one up much thought but it does sound like a neat little free souvenir. Is there a risk of them running out each night before closing and if not, how late is too late to pick one up? We are planning on doing the midnight hocus-pocus show so can I still get one around 12:30 well after the park is closed?

I do not recall SoTMK cards running out. I've gone at the beginning before, but typically I go at the end. Even after midnight you can get your card heading out of the park.

SOTMK info is listed on Post #1, towards the bottom.

I just bought our tickets yesterday for the October 30th Party. I am so excited as this is our 1st MNSSHP!!!
As of now I have 2 ADR’s just not sure if I want to keep either after seeing so many QS locations open Crystal Palace @ 6:20 or The Plaza @ 5:05.
Planning to attend our first party on October 30th as well! Hoping that some of the merch will still be available.

I personally would prefer to maximize party time so we are most likely go QS.

I have a question in regards to the Touring Plans list of the least crowded party dates. Does WDW not have the same guest limit for each party? If they do have the same limit of tickets sold for each party night, then wouldn’t all sold out parties be equally crowded?

So we’re going on 10/4 and part of me wants to ask if someone can find a magic band for me, and part of me wants to just wait and see if I can get one.
We are there 10/4 also. I’m thinking they won’t have them by then and when I showed DH last night, he said, yes, please. So I may pony up or find a personal shopper.

The information about the effects taking a day or two is good to know. As much as I hate to buy from ebay, I want the effects to work for my son while we're at the party.

Also, we have several bands that are older than two years and still going strong. That said, I'm only going to take newer MBs on our next trip.

So I just saw on Facebook some passholder merchandise that I was trying to get a link to and lost it. it was one of the advertisements. One was a Haunted Mansion Ghost tray and a couple of Haunted Mansion tshirts. Looks like they will be at the Momento Mori (sp?) shop

For anyone who knows about my military level character meeting plans from the past... This may come as a shock.

I am not sure if I even want to meet that many characters this year. This will be our only mk/Disney day of the trip. We want to see country bears and carousel of progress so I don't think we'll be lining up early for anyone.

And we've already met all the characters many times before.

It's odd not to have a list of about twenty characters to meet but here I am.

Wow, this thread moves fast!

1. I love lime!

2. We have the DxDP. Are we likely to be able to use snack credits on any of the party-exclusive snacks? It’s no problem if we can’t, but it would be nice as I think we will have a lot of leftover snack credits.

3. Are there any blogs (or somewhere on this thread) that give you suggested touring plans for the parties? I didn’t really think about needing one but now I think we will if we want to see everything.

4. Does anyone know the capacity of the party? We are going on Halloween itself (as well as earlier), which I’m already regretting...! As a WDW newbie with a family member with serious anxiety issues in crowds, I am finding it difficult to actually imagine how busy is “busy”.

5. Was there ever a consensus on the value or necessity of the dessert party during the MNSSHP? This is our first trip to WDW, and crowds are an issue, so we are doing other dessert parties for the less-crowded viewing, rather than the cakes, which we don’t really care about.

We can find the money for the dessert party if it will make life easier, but if it’s not necessary then the money is better in the bank! Thoughts?

5. Was there ever a consensus on the value or necessity of the dessert party during the MNSSHP? This is our first trip to WDW, and crowds are an issue, so we are doing other dessert parties for the less-crowded viewing, rather than the cakes, which we don’t really care about.

We can find the money for the dessert party if it will make life easier, but if it’s not necessary then the money is better in the bank! Thoughts?

Follow enough of my posts and I can probably be accused of never meeting a dessert party or upcharge event I didn't like, BUT for me, the MNSSHP dessert party is an easy skip if you're on the fence. It's not "needed" in the same way as a HEA party is for a crowd management/avoidance strategy. It's more of a splurge than anything. I don't find the Hub unmanageable from a crowd perspective - it's crowded, but not HEA crowded - so to me it's easy enough to find a spot without a major time commitment.

That and it eats into party time, which I'd generally rather be doing something else.

That being said, I do have the Plaza dessert party booked for one party this year (after telling myself I'd never do it again after last year as I didn't think it was worth it)… but it's on a night where we have a more casual plan and aren't trying to do a bunch of other party activities.

Obviously highly subjective, but one person's perspective.

I’m going to the first party tonight. Never been to the party here. Questions:

1) I have a fastpass to meet cinderella and somebody or other at 4:50 to 5:30. Do you think this is the latest ending time? I won’t spend time trying to modify it if all fastpass windows are ending at 5:30. It has been so hot and sunny this week, I don’t want to get to the park too early and poop out.

2) I promised a friend I would get the Pluto Halloween 2018 pin for her. Where are these sold? Only during party with wristband?

3) how do we know where the Magic Shots are?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter