"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Reporting in from a table near the Main Street Bakery, first party night.

The pumpkin cheesecake is like eating spicy, soft pumpkin pie filling without the pie crust. The attached cookie (candy?) will get all over your fingers because you can’t eat it with a fork. Overall not very good.

The cupcake is pretty good but not the best Disney cupcake i’ve had. Tasty apple cake. Very very very sweet buttercream frosting. I could only eat about 1/3 of the frosting and i typically eat a cupcake a day here.

Remember that it’s a Starbucks so after you pay you can’t get your food right away - too mant people ordering fancy schmansy coffee drinks.

Also note that nothing comes in a to go box. I had to walk out with cheesecake on a plate and cupcake in a bowl and hope i didn’t drop them.

Also bakery has no seats. You might get a table just up the street toward the castle, or across the street.

I didn’t realize the dessert party has real food. This makes me reconsider canceling. We have the parade with out tix.

If anyone has met Lotso tonight, could you let me know if he is signing his name?
Last year he signed, but the year before he didn’t.

Thanks!!!

I didn’t realize the dessert party has real food. This makes me reconsider canceling. We have the parade with out tix.

Yeah, the HEA dessert parties had a menu change back in late May, which included adding a few more options than just sweets. Looks like they’re using that same menu for the MNSSHP dessert party based on those pics.

It’s so neat here. I love all the music and sounds throughout the park.

We are sitting at the flagpole area now for the parade- my feet need a break. We didn’t make it to Tomorrowland terrace beforehand, kids wanted to go on splash mountain and trick or treat, which took some time, and at this point if I’m sitting I’m not getting up for a while. I hope there are still a few treats when we get there after the parade.

Ah! What time did she come out and how long did you wait?
So she’s meeting inside the Tiki Room queue? Last year she was outside by Jungle Cruise right?

Yes, last year she meet by the Jungle Cruise. I wonder if it's due to the heat?

It’s so neat here. I love all the music and sounds throughout the park.

We are sitting at the flagpole area now for the parade- my feet need a break. We didn’t make it to Tomorrowland terrace beforehand, kids wanted to go on splash mountain and trick or treat, which took some time, and at this point if I’m sitting I’m not getting up for a while. I hope there are still a few treats when we get there after the parade.
Are you able to take a picture of the flagpole area? Is it roped off with a sign?

Caution if you have a bad back. I’m trying to do things which i couldn’t do on a normal day at the magic kingdom, and my back is killing me. I did some photo ops with short lines (grave diggers, Gaston and Belle, Cinderella in her normal place). There is no way i could do even Elvis Stitch. I didn’t even consider Jack and Sally or dwarfs. Standing in line is really hard on the back.

The trick or treat lines are deceptively long because they are inside. When you join the line outside you can’t tell how long the line is ahead of you. There’s no sign telling you how long the wait will be. At Disneyland, lines were outside so i wasn’t expecting this.

Some trick or treat lines are marked by a huge rectangular orange balloon like thing but others just have a cast member holding a paddle.

Also no signs telling you which lines are for which characters. The map tells you where the character lines are but not which characters will be there.

I’m sure bloggers will post precisely where the character and candy lines are. Take that info with you because it is not on the party map.

Ok maybe another bite of cupcake frosting will perk me up.

When you say arrive at 3:30, do you mean arriving at security at 3:30 or lined up at 3:30? I'm a mess about what time to have a late lunch and how much travel time to allow.
Arrive. Security checks go pretty fast now that there are multiple screening spots (before entering the monorail / on the CR walking path) so fewer are being screened at the actual park.

Looks like Cruella is near the teacups
Dk1uCKOXgAAhgzY.jpg
Thanks for posting where she is!

Unconfirmed rumor from the Stitch line: the Oogie Boogie popcorn buckets were sold on a cart in Liberty Square but are already sold out. I repeat, this is an unconfirmed rumor.

Elvis (Stitch) has left the building. I thought coming during the parade would be a good idea but he went on break. No cast member in here to tell us when he will be back.

Update: he has returned.

The reserved area for the parade goes all around the flagpole area; tons of room. All roped off as reserved. My phone isn’t letting me post my “too big” photo.
Sounds awesome! I can’t wait. We will most definitely be keeping our dessert party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter