"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Read on Disney food blog that starting Oct 1st Zero waffle sundae will be available all day. Hope that’s true because we go in Oct!
Thinking we’ll stop by Sleepy Hollow about 5pm for chicken waffle sandwich and the sundae and not waste party time there.

There a couple of treats not offered until later, October 1, as well as some treats that are offered daily, and some exclusive to MNSSHP. See Post #1 - Counter Service Locations, Specialty treats, updated last week on Friday.

No. I used my own tote bag. I didn't even ask for one of their bags until near the end of the night when I decided that I would give some of my candy to a local friend, and I needed a bag to put it in.

Excellent, thank you!

LOL - your comment in previous post RE: being corrected.

Last year, we were able to get the pumpkin ice cream (which I don't think they are serving this year) at Plaza ice cream shop at EXACTLY 4:00 pm. I remember it quite distinctly because they gave me a slightly hard time when I attempted to order it at 3:57 pm . . . I'm not sure what the policy is this year, but it's certainly worth a try if you are in that area!

Please tell me that they have it this year. I love Pumpkin.

Not scared. I like the DLR SM over WDW, but ride both. When was the Red Hot Chili Peppers one? I'm sorry I missed it...

They had a Red Hot Chili Peppers version?!

One summer they did Red Hot Chili Peppers music on Space Mountain and California Screamin. It was awesome. The music went really well with California Screamin but didn't go so well with Space Mountain but it was great music.

Does anyone have recommendations spots for viewing Hallowishes? I'm debating between the spot in Liberty Square people have talked about, the bridge to Tomorrowland, or the grassy area in front of Casey's. I know there aren't as many projections. We'd like something with a decent view, but without having to stake it out for more than 10-15 minutes. Ideally, we would like to see the castle, but the hassle factor is more important. We have two boys, 7 & 10, so crowds would really block their view and I'm not lifting either one! ;)

Does anyone have recommendations spots for viewing Hallowishes? I'm debating between the spot in Liberty Square people have talked about, the bridge to Tomorrowland, or the grassy area in front of Casey's. I know there aren't as many projections. We'd like something with a decent view, but without having to stake it out for more than 10-15 minutes. Ideally, we would like to see the castle, but the hassle factor is more important. We have two boys, 7 & 10, so crowds would really block their view and I'm not lifting either one! ;)

I'm partial to the garden area in front of Casey's. It's not reserved but people tend to think it is so I've 'usually' been able to get in there somewhat late with no issues. It's also proximate to a restroom (back between Casey's and Crystal Palace) which is key for us (mine always pull the 'need to go' stunt 5 minutes before showtime).

I didn't care about the castle projections. I was very happy walking up to a spot on the water across from Country Bears as the fireworks started. I could see the fireworks with no one standing in front of me, since they were over the water. And a photopass photographer took cool photos with the fireworks in the background in that area (look for the big pumpkin next to the water). If they were my kids, that's what I would do.

There a couple of treats not offered until later, October 1, as well as some treats that are offered daily, and some exclusive to MNSSHP. See Post #1 - Counter Service Locations, Specialty treats, updated last week on Friday.

Thanks!
Though on pg 1 it looks like zero sundae won’t be available at all till Oct 1st.
On DFB it looked like she tried it Friday night during the party and it will be available all day starting Oct 1st.
Now I’m confused!

Has anyone had luck getting party magic shots done between 4-7? Specifically interested in the HM themed ones.
How did they turn out with the ghosts during the daytime?

One summer they did Red Hot Chili Peppers music on Space Mountain and California Screamin. It was awesome. The music went really well with California Screamin but didn't go so well with Space Mountain but it was great music.
I love the RHCP! That would be amazing to listen to their music on the ride. I love RnRC because I like Aerosmith.

We will be entering early as DVC members...do you get your Trick or Treat bags and bands at that time?

Sorry for the late replies!

What time did you get in line for pooh? It’s the only character we want to do and want an idea of when to get in line. Thanks

What time did you get in line for Pooh and friends?

I don’t have the exact time, but I have a picture in the bypass that I took at 6:06, and we went straight to Winnie the Pooh after that. The line was fine at that time (we were able to get our photo before they took their first break), but as time went on the line did get realllllly long...

So Cruella still looked relatively stationary and gave the appearance of being available for photos?

She was talking to three young girls and looked available. I didn’t stop, I just happened to notice her as we walked by. No PhotoPass photographer though.

Do you still get the "starter bag" of candy when you go through the bypass? Last year there was some kind of dried fruit/nut/dark chocolate snack bar that was awesome. It looked too much like a health food to my kids so i got all of them.

We got the starter bag when we went through the bypass.

Does anyone remember when the characters in the parade used to give out candy? Did they stop doing this? We had an awesome spot one year in Frontierland and Goofy handed my kids these awesome clear red Mickey lollipops or something like that and the kids went crazy over them. We never saw that happen again but other characters after them also came out and CMs had buckets of candy which they were tossing to the crowd. I thought it was a really cool treat.

The dancers that came out in the beginning (before the actual parade) gave out lollipops.

I know this is a stupid question. Does trick or treating start at 7 then?

We are going on the 28th. I am thinking we will get there as close to 4 as possible. See if they are letting you buy merch with the band at that point, then head to wherever Moana is. I have a feeling after that the kid is going to want to trick or treat for a while. And hit up meet and greats we see with shorter lines.

I know the pins and magic band are probably likely to sell out before I get there on 10/31 but does anyone know if the event shirts and ears are usually still around?

You will still be able to get the pin. We got a pin last year for the October 15 party. They had tons. I don't know about the MB though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter