"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I had this same realization when I viewed the wait times for HM during last Friday's party and saw that it never dropped below 20 minutes, even during the parade and fireworks. Granted those wait times could be inflated as they often are later at night, but because our party is also on a Friday night, I couldn't take the risk of missing out on riding given everything else we want to do. As much as I want to ride it at night, we got a FP and are going to ride it first thing when we enter the park. I'm looking at it like this: What better way to start your party than to ride Haunted Mansion? We'll certainly check it out at night to take in the ambiance, and if the wait time is reasonable hop in line either right before or right after the 2nd parade.

We watched the second parade in Frontierland/Liberty across from Diamond Horsehoe/Liberty Tree Tavern area. As soon as the parade was completely past us, we headed for Haunted Mansion. The wait was just about 20 minutes which didn't seem too bad. After Haunted Mansion we had time to get in the line for Peter Pan's Flight which was down to 5-10 minutes before the party ended. Once off Pan, the ride lines were all closed, but we had time to wander slowly out of the park and could have shopped if we felt like dealing with more crowds.

That is great to know, thanks, we'll plan to watch from over there as well! Then hopefully we can hightail it over to Pirates and then back for the 2nd parade. Unless most folks just wait there for the 2nd parade to start?

I watched the fireworks from a spot next to the water (across from Country Bears), then went straight to Pirates as soon as the fireworks were over, and walked on. No line. I can't remember when people started lining up for the second parade over there, but I know there were people there because I had thought about cutting over to the trick or treat trails near Splash Mountain and Tom Sawyer raft area, but I didn't want to deal with crossing the street.

That is great to know, thanks, we'll plan to watch from over there as well! Then hopefully we can hightail it over to Pirates and then back for the 2nd parade. Unless most folks just wait there for the 2nd parade to start?

We watched fireworks over the water near the Tom Sawyer trick-or-treat stop. We strolled down the street and stopped in the Country Bears candy stop before choosing our parade spot across from Diamond Horseshoe. We got there a little before they put the ropes up. We didn't need to be there quite that early, but it really did fill fairly soon after. I think you should be ok going to Pirates.

I watched the fireworks from a spot next to the water (across from Country Bears), then went straight to Pirates as soon as the fireworks were over, and walked on. No line. I can't remember when people started lining up for the second parade over there, but I know there were people there because I had thought about cutting over to the trick or treat trails near Splash Mountain and Tom Sawyer raft area, but I didn't want to deal with crossing the street.

We watched fireworks over the water near the Tom Sawyer trick-or-treat stop. We strolled down the street and stopped in the Country Bears candy stop before choosing our parade spot across from Diamond Horseshoe. We got there a little before they put the ropes up. We didn't need to be there quite that early, but it really did fill fairly soon after. I think you should be ok going to Pirates.

That's great, thank you! We fly out tomorrow morning so I'm happy to have a bit of a plan in mind for the party. :thumbsup2

Yes, any guest services location should be able to provide you with the hard tickets. Years ago we had some old non-expiring paper tickets and we went to Disney Springs and they exchanged them for hard tickets so we could get paper FPs in the park.

Can you do it at the concierge desk in your resort? Or does it need to be at a Guest Services location? And if a Guest Services location, can it be one inside a park rather than outside?

Can you do it at the concierge desk in your resort?

I'll defer to the experts on this one because we usually stay off site, but based on other things I've read, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.

Or does it need to be at a Guest Services location? And if a Guest Services location, can it be one inside a park rather than outside?

Yes, either one, but the lines at guest services are typically longer in the park depending on when you arrive. You're better off going at Disney Springs if you're already going to be there or at your resort.

I'll defer to the experts on this one because we usually stay off site, but based on other things I've read, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.

Yes, either one, but the lines at guest services are typically longer in the park depending on when you arrive. You're better off going at Disney Springs if you're already going to be there or at your resort.

Thanks. No Disney Springs planned on this trip. LOL.

Oh my! That is a long time and a long line! We may still do fast passes this year again if the line is that long. Is there any way to see the ghosts on the lawn and not ride it during the party? Or must you wait in line to see them?

Lines are long but move fast due to no FP during party, and all the switchbacks aren't in use. We got in line for HM and the line was back to Memento Mori, took less than 15 minutes to stretch room.

You pass the ghost on the lawn in line... But there is separate area to watch them that you can just go to if not riding.

Is there any way to see the ghosts on the lawn and not ride it during the party? Or must you wait in line to see them?
Yes you can watch their show without riding HM & without getting in a line. One of either sister Carlotta or Renata appear around 7:15pm on the front lawn in front of HM. Walk into the exit line for the ride and then turn left to stand just behind the horseless hearse. They should appear at later times during the party but this is the time I usually wait for them. NB their humour is usually a wee bit more adult. Not raunchy but more entertaining for adults despite littles being in earshot.

Sorry if this has been asked. I’ve seen some posters say that you can buy party merchandise during non party times if you show your ticket. So does that mean if I come early to the party, which will be my first day at a park, I will be able to purchase merchandise before 4. I have a day ticket too. Thank you.

Before I buy the one day memory maker for my party tomorrow, are there magic shots and photo opportunities as last years party?? I haven’t read much on here about what was out last week.

Before I buy the one day memory maker for my party tomorrow, are there magic shots and photo opportunities as last years party?? I haven’t read much on here about what was out last week.

also curious about magic shots/photo opportunities! :)

Magic Shots listed on Post #1 - Magic Shots. Not much was reported on DPB or on other websites, but what was released/mentioned was added to Post #1 last week, with photo. Then previous magic shots listed below new info with 2017 date.

Magic shots that I did during the first mnsshp:

1) Hold out hand, they add lit jack o lantern

2) hold hand like a claw, they add poison apple on a string over cauldron

3) hitchhiking ghosts

I think there were others I missed.

2 & 3 are already on Post #1 (added photos tonight). Can you verify locations this year?
#1, Do you have a photo you would mind sharing?
Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked. I’ve seen some posters say that you can buy party merchandise during non party times if you show your ticket. So does that mean if I come early to the party, which will be my first day at a park, I will be able to purchase merchandise before 4. I have a day ticket too. Thank you.
I believe you need your party wristband to purchase merchandise. Those are handed out at 4:00 (or possibly slightly before) when you’re already inside the park.

Is it possible to purchase party exclusive merchandise earlier in the day with proof of a party ticket for that night?

I bought our mnsshp tickets through undercover tourist. They are in my MDE account now and we plan to enter and use our FPs using our magicbands (they're few years old but should still work, as I understand it. They worked for us last year). However my kids also want the actual hard card ticket for souvenirs. I know I can pick them up at MK guest services, but can I do it at guest services at Disney springs? I would love to be able to gt these prior to our party so I won't have to worry about it that night.
Im so glad you asked this! I scrapbook so I love to have tickets and stuff, but never thought about going to guest services

The mania is getting more real. I walked through it and could get similar FPs and dining reservations if I switched my days around and did two parties. Now to decide if my body and wallet want that to happen? Thoughts on doing two parties, Friday and Sunday, in the same trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter