"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

They will not shut down for “regular” rain, as others mentionned. If you're willing to watch Hocus Pocus, I would go to the first showing, in case subsequent got canceled. This is the show most likely to be canceled with the rain!

They will not shut down for “regular” rain, as others mentionned. If you're willing to watch Hocus Pocus, I would go to the first showing, in case subsequent got canceled. This is the show most likely to be canceled with the rain!
I agree! And, they can often delay a show and then either not show it or shorten it if it's deemed too dangerous due to the wet stage.

We were at a MVMCP once and it was damp and cold. They delayed the show over and over, while coming out and drying the stage regularly. They tried to put it on but it was quickly evident that it was too slippery for the dancers so within a few minutes of starting the show they cancelled it. Glad to know the safety of their CM's is what's most important!

Guys I have a question about meeting characters during the party.
when the 1st parade starts, the meeting characters take some break or do they still keep meeting guests?

Thanks for posting this article. Wow, the reviews for most of the items I was wanting to try have been pretty terrible. The seasonal treats at Disneyland are always so fun and tasty. This will be our first time at MNSSHP and I’m a little disappointed by all the less-than-stellar reviews.

It’s too bad the Haunted Mansion-themed desserts aren’t getting good feedback this year, since they look really cool. I would have loved to try the portrait tarts last year.

Good gosh, the treats at Disneyland do put the WDW offerings to shame.

I’ve heard a couple people say that Mickeys Philharmagic is showing other things during the party, can anyone be a little more specific? I’d love to see some of the older Disney’s Halloween cartoons in there while we were getting we were getting treats

Just got here. Headed to jack and Sally and we are 10 people deep at 3:30pm. Just FYI for others
I would guess that they either have AP’s or have a DVC blue membership card to get in 30 minutes before 4o’clock opening, but please let us know. If Jack and Sally have lines starting at 3:30 or earlier for the duration of the rest of the Parties, I’m going to have to rethink how important it is to see them and wait 90 minutes or more to meet and greet them. I know that my 10 year old won’t wait in line that long and I don’t want him wandering around the Park by himself while I’m in line. In any advent, I better bring several phone chargers with me to pass the time while in line.

Thanks for posting this article. Wow, the reviews for most of the items I was wanting to try have been pretty terrible. The seasonal treats at Disneyland are always so fun and tasty. This will be our first time at MNSSHP and I’m a little disappointed by all the less-than-stellar reviews.

It’s too bad the Haunted Mansion-themed desserts aren’t getting good feedback this year, since they look really cool. I would have loved to try the portrait tarts last year.

Yeah DL puts WDW to shame in some aspects.

Oh no! The review of the doombuggy treat makes me sad!

Better to hear it now though than to spend the money.

Thanks for posting this! Luckily we will get mini versions of most of these at the dessert party. I was a little disappointed when I saw the picture of the Maleficent cone. I thought it was a lot bigger but it looks pretty small.

Oooh that actually makes me a bit jealous of the dessert party. Not jealous enough to actually do it, though.

I trust Josh's food reviews so much that I immediately axed the Doom Buggy dessert (due to his description) and the worms and dirt (upon seeing how small it was). I had a feeling the Leota tart wouldn't be good. Now it looks like I'm sticking with the waffles, nachos, and soft serve. That's all fine for me...I'll be at Epcot earlier that day and can get plenty of sweet treats there! Just sad that I missed out on last year's desserts.

I love Josh's writing style. I know he ruffles some people's feathers but I think he's hilarious.

Guys I have a question about meeting characters during the party.
when the 1st parade starts, the meeting characters take some break or do they still keep meeting guests?

Some do, some don't. Honestly, the best way to know is to pay the $7 (? I think it's $7 annual charge) for Kenny The Pirate's character locator. It's really a great thing. It will show you all the exact break times of all the characters at the party (and during the regular day). The WDW app does not tell you that. It lets you know about character palooza at DHS and any character training at Epcot will be announced on the message board that comes with the service.

I’ve heard a couple people say that Mickeys Philharmagic is showing other things during the party, can anyone be a little more specific? I’d love to see some of the older Disney’s Halloween cartoons in there while we were getting we were getting treats

Last year they played Ichabod Crane, the Sleepy Hollow cartoon (can't remember the exact name, maybe Legends of Sleepy Hollow?). It was great!

I would guess that they either have AP’s or have a DVC blue membership card to get in 30 minutes before 4o’clock opening, but please let us know. If Jack and Sally have lines starting at 3:30 or earlier for the duration of the rest of the Parties, I’m going to have to rethink how important it is to see them and wait 90 minutes or more to meet and greet them. I know that my 10 year old won’t wait in line that long and I don’t want him wandering around the Park by himself while I’m in line. In any advent, I better bring several phone chargers with me to pass the time while in line.

It is so crazy the lines for Jack and Sally are so long at WDW. We meet them at DL during a non party time outside HM with only 2 people in line. I find it a very fortunate event.

Have a ? , we are 2 older adults and we have been to the party before. Do you think we would be ok if we went to eat at Ohanas at 5:00 then go to the party. Thank you for any help we might get.

Yep. Regular party goers were let in right at 4pm. today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter