• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Soooooooo I don't see much from this for early October. When we went to the party at the end of Sept 2015 it definitely rained.....but gosh, It was just water. I rather enjoyed the empty park;)

Yeah I know its awhile to go. I am not so worried about the Disney portion as they are well equipped to handle things but I am going on my first cruise in the middle of my trip and I don't want a bad experience on my first trip in the Atlantic. Empty parks would defiantly be a plus as long as there was no major impact to live from the hurricane because I couldn't think about having fun if there was major suffering going on.

Hello! Thanks to everyone for all this info. It has helped me tremendously. A question regarding Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom at MNSSHP:

The Disney website says that when you pick up the party-exclusive Orange Bird sorcerer card at the Firehouse, you also get the regular card pack with it and that you "must register to play" in order to get this stuff. Is the registration just a matter of a CM quickly scanning our ticket and marking our wristbands? At parties up until now, has there ever been a long wait to get these cards? How much time should I allow for this? I am planning to enter with my family right at 4:00 on Sunday, 9/9.

Also, just a general question about SotMK... Do the starter packs always have the same cards, or do they have a random assortment?

Thank you!

I thought so too, but I had a friend whose kids started back monday, and then another friend started today.

Schools here in the Bay Area started second week of August this year. Many school districts said they wanted to start getting closer to the college schedule.

Hello! Thanks to everyone for all this info. It has helped me tremendously. A question regarding Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom at MNSSHP:

The Disney website says that when you pick up the party-exclusive Orange Bird sorcerer card at the Firehouse, you also get the regular card pack with it and that you "must register to play" in order to get this stuff. Is the registration just a matter of a CM quickly scanning our ticket and marking our wristbands? At parties up until now, has there ever been a long wait to get these cards? How much time should I allow for this? I am planning to enter with my family right at 4:00 on Sunday, 9/9.

Also, just a general question about SotMK... Do the starter packs always have the same cards, or do they have a random assortment?

Thank you!
We’ve always been able to pick up just the party card outside the fire house. They hand you a card and mark your band. Easy peasy. Our first party we hadn’t even registered to play SOTMK yet and had no problems getting our cards. We’ve never waited long to pick up the party cards, either. Registering to play, however, takes a bit longer. And the packs have random cards. Everyone in your group will get one.

We’ve always been able to pick up just the party card outside the fire house. They hand you a card and mark your band. Easy peasy. Our first party we hadn’t even registered to play SOTMK yet and had no problems getting our cards.

Thank you. Good to know. But, what if we want the party-exclusive card PLUS the starter pack? Then we have to go inside the Firehouse and register? How long does that take?

I had originally booked our trip from 9/3-9/7 the the lower room rates were great but DH said we needed to go later due to Hurricane threats so we switched to last week in October and I am also nervous about the weather for our trip

I’ll be there from 9/5-9/10. I’m really hoping nothing develops. The article was helpful. Hoping for more information from weather predictions. Hoping the “second weekend in September” means the 15th.

I know Disney hardly closes the parks for anything other than a tropical depression/hurricane. If this develops into a TD or Hurricane and they have to cancel the party, will they give you a refund?

Yes. You can look at the 2017 & 2016 MNSSHP Threads to see what other options were available for refunds.

Well looks like the hurricane activity is starting in the Atlantic. Now I will be obsessing over the weather and reports all the way til October hoping that everything misses Disney this year. Good luck to us all.

Shhhhh....I have a week at WDW in mid October, followed by a cruise. I can get to WDW regardless, but if that ship doesn't sail......:scared:

I’ll be there from 9/5-9/10. I’m really hoping nothing develops. The article was helpful. Hoping for more information from weather predictions. Hoping the “second weekend in September” means the 15th.

Haha, and here I am hoping the second weekend means the 8th!

We actually fully expect a rainy trip this time around, we've had two trips in a row now with no rain, not even the afternoon thunder storm. Our luck cannot be that good three trips in a row!

No hurricanes please!!!

We were there Labor Day week last year and we got out the day before they closed MCO, but I spent the whole week watching it and worrying about it. Ughhhhhh

Have you weathered storms before? I did when I was on the CP, but am nervous about it!
I did, last year. The park closed for a day and a half. The resorts were really good about prices of food and keeping people entertained. They were also good about giving refunds on unused park days. The hotels are also very well built and a lot of locals go to the hotels so that says something.

A question regarding Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom at MNSSHP:

We’ve always been able to pick up just the party card outside the fire house. They hand you a card and mark your band. Easy peasy.

That was my experience at the first MNSSHP. But I only wanted the one card, to give to a friend. I didn’t want a pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter