• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Have Madame Rinata and Madame Carlotta been out at the Haunted Mansion during the party? I haven't seen anything about them yet. It would be a shame if they were no longer part of the show. Their interaction with the crowd is a hoot!

Last edited:

I'm flying out of DC on the morning of the 14th...crossing my fingers it's ok!

I'm flying out of DC on the 16th! Hi fellow DC-er! :wave: I've been stalking the ventusky and track the tropics websites for the last few days and hoping the latest is accurate and the storm misses us completely! Fingers crossed for all of us on the east coast in the next week!

I'm flying out of DC on the 16th! Hi fellow DC-er! :wave: I've been stalking the ventusky and track the tropics websites for the last few days and hoping the latest is accurate and the storm misses us completely! Fingers crossed for all of us on the east coast in the next week!

Hey there! Which airport are you flying out of? We're flying SW out of Reagan, though usually we fly out of Dulles. I've been stalking the websites too, but it's too early for me to have any confidence in it. Just hoping and waiting. I figure as long as I can get there, we're good. :) Hopefully it pushes out to sea and misses us all!

Hey there! Which airport are you flying out of? We're flying SW out of Reagan, though usually we fly out of Dulles. I've been stalking the websites too, but it's too early for me to have any confidence in it. Just hoping and waiting. I figure as long as I can get there, we're good. :) Hopefully it pushes out to sea and misses us all!

Also flying out of Reagan! Yeah, the forecast changes every single time I look, so zero confidence, however there are a few times I see the track and I get really hopeful that is going to be the real track of this thing (not to mention the things after this one)!

I figure, worst case I can fly in the day before and just stay at the hotel in the airport. Hopefully that doesn't have to happen, but I like having a backup plan!

Also flying out of Reagan! Yeah, the forecast changes every single time I look, so zero confidence, however there are a few times I see the track and I get really hopeful that is going to be the real track of this thing (not to mention the things after this one)!

I figure, worst case I can fly in the day before and just stay at the hotel in the airport. Hopefully that doesn't have to happen, but I like having a backup plan!

That's our plan too--DH is already on notice that we may need to fly out Thurs night...afternoon...day. Whenever we need to! :)

I feel for everyone that is watching the hurricanes. I am seeing two possible ones after Flo. I am starting to like December much more then October and not worrying about hurricanes.

I'm flying out of DC on the morning of the 14th...crossing my fingers it's ok!

The 14th for us too. I am working on convincing my DH to book another airline reservation a couple days earlier. My intuition says it is the right thing to do. I really hope I am wrong.

Fingers crossed for you, VAtink and myself!!

Add me to that! We’re driving from va stating on the 13th and bro is flying from dc on the 14th. We have a little flexibility with driving, but not too much, as the earliest we could leave would be around dinner time on the 12th. Still too early to tell, will just have to keep an eye on it and adjust plans as necessary

Question about wristbands when already in the park. I tried looking through and didn’t see anything. We have regular park tickets and then MNSSHP tickets for the same day. We will already be in the park and have reservations for CRT at 4 pm. When we are done with dinner, is there a place in the park we can pick up wristbands? Or do we need to go to the main gate? Thanks in advance!

Question about wristbands when already in the park. I tried looking through and didn’t see anything. We have regular park tickets and then MNSSHP tickets for the same day. We will already be in the park and have reservations for CRT at 4 pm. When we are done with dinner, is there a place in the park we can pick up wristbands? Or do we need to go to the main gate? Thanks in advance!
There’s a list on the first post. Just scroll down a bit and you’ll find it.

• Oh, my! I'm already in the park. Do I have to exit and re-enter for MNSSHP? No, there are checkpoints within the park to check-in and receive wristbands for MNSSHP!
Locations
Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland)
Mickey's PhilharMagic (Fantasyland)
Buzz Lightyear (Tomorrowland

Florence is to far north to impact Florida. Usually where it is located those hurricanes turn north and stay out in the Atlantic.

There is another one forming behind Florence that could be a issue. It looks like it could be near Florida the last week of September first part of October . But it is to far out to really know at this point.

Hush! We are there 22-27!

Have Madame Rinata and Madame Carlotta been out at the Haunted Mansion during the party? I haven't seen anything about them yet. It would be a shame if they were no longer part of the show. Their interaction with the crowd is a hoot!
Yes. They stopped for a quick pic with DD. We were in line for hatbox ghost magic shot and she walked right by...

We are flying from Reagan on the 15th - I will definitely have my fingers crossed for smooth weather :)

• Oh, my! I'm already in the park. Do I have to exit and re-enter for MNSSHP? No, there are checkpoints within the park to check-in and receive wristbands for MNSSHP!
Locations
Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland)
Mickey's PhilharMagic (Fantasyland)
Buzz Lightyear (Tomorrowland

Thank you so much!!!

So has anyone packed their candy in their checked bags - particularly chocolate - and how did it fare? I would rather check it than carry thru security if I can.
We did. Checked bags in with RAC at about 10:00 am and didn't get the bags till we flew in home at 10:00 pm. Just went through the bags and all are fine.

Wondering and hoping that now since its after Labor Day and schools are back in, if the parties may be less crowded now? Hoping for an amazing experience for my family who will be going on Sun night for the first time (hubby & I have been two times before rest of family first time) We have BOG for dinner at 5 (just hubby and I) I don't know how into character meet and greets the family will be, I know my grown son and daughter will be all about the rides and showing his GF and son the park.
We went to the party on 9/3 and it was not at all crowded. We didn't do any character meets so I can't comment on them but we found little to no waits on the photo ops we did and never waited more than 20 min for a ride, most less

Yes and a guy, who's name I should know but don't

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter