"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

For those who only had party tickets are arrived around 3:00-4:00, were both the monorail and ferry open or were you forced to take one or the other?

Random interjection - my thought is WHY? Why give a child something to randomly swing at other guests or their siblings all night. Hopefully, you are the 1% parents we didn't see (anywhere) that are able to control their child.

As long I hijacked - PSA to all - GET THOSE KIDS OFF THE RAILINGS and ROPES. What is wrong with people? The party was particularly bad - guessing the parents were all up past their bedtimes.

Yes thank you. My son (who was probably 10 at the time) told another little boy to stop swinging on the ropes and hitting him while in a M&G line. The parents were with other adults chatting away. Didn't even notice. Eventually they took the child and put him with them. And it's not as if they were from another country and didn't understand, they were all speaking English and sounded American. I get it, littler kids are hyped up and my son is used to helping with younger kids at church and school, but he shouldn't have to do that with parents within 5 feet.

It's the morning of our party and the children got up waaayyyy earlier than expected (6:00-7:00) :eek: so we are rethinking our plans of going to the 2nd parade. We are absolutely staying until midnight even if I have to drag the kids around the park (kidding not kidding) but DW and I think they will enjoy the early parade over the late one and then we'd ride rides after the fireworks until the 12 a.m. castle show. Does anyone have any reports that sort of go against the conventional wisdom of having to stake out a spot so early? We are watching it in Frontierland either way. We are willing to stake out a spot 30 minutes early but don't want to wait much longer than that. Thanks!

Are there really not parents that control their kids with light sabers? I remember my kids building their own saber at HS and it was such a highlight. I wouldn’t want mine to take one because I wouldn’t want to keep up with it throughout the night but surely those that want to aren’t hitting other people!?!? I don’t know....

Ask my fellow passengers on Monorail Green. Light sabers and swords were the main culprits we saw in the parks - MK for the party and all through HS.

Anyone have photos of them
Meeting Brer Rabbit? That’s one of my must dos. I’ve been wondering
How that’s been going on party nights. I’m
Hoping for some
Pics on 9/25 when we are there.

Still missing most of the photos. Definitely not one magic shot is showing since we arrived over a week ago.

People were hauling them out. We saw many people with handfuls. Not interested but felt bad for the people that are hoping to only pay the Disney$ vs the Ebay$

I bought the poison apple stein while at AK last week and my husband said, do you really need that? Then I said I could sell it on Ebay for over $30. He said, then do that. I said, No! It's for me! :rotfl::rotfl:

(I don't really need it, but shhhh.... don't tell him) ;);)

My fiancé surprised me with a trip to Disney (mainly because graduate school is stressing me out lol) and will be at the party early October!! My friend is in the middle of finishing my costume and I can’t wait.
Well, hopefully, it's as Rapunzel! ;)
What date? We are going 10/9

It's the morning of our party and the children got up waaayyyy earlier than expected (6:00-7:00) :eek: so we are rethinking our plans of going to the 2nd parade. We are absolutely staying until midnight even if I have to drag the kids around the park (kidding not kidding) but DW and I think they will enjoy the early parade over the late one and then we'd ride rides after the fireworks until the 12 a.m. castle show. Does anyone have any reports that sort of go against the conventional wisdom of having to stake out a spot so early? We are watching it in Frontierland either way. We are willing to stake out a spot 30 minutes early but don't want to wait much longer than that. Thanks!
I always look for a pass through. They will close it off and then let people move over and fill it in, usually the one nearest to the shooting gallery area

Well, hopefully, it's as Rapunzel! ;)
What date? We are going 10/9

I always look for a pass through. They will close it off and then let people move over and fill it in, usually the one nearest to the shooting gallery area

Thanks! Do you know how soon before parade time they close it?

I actually know quite a few people who evacuated from the Carolinas to WDW already. Some have added the party to their plans, so I guess it could theoretically actually be more crowded...

There was an article in the Orlando Sentinel yesterday about evacuees heading to WDW. Orlando resorts and attractions are offering hurricane rate discounts. So it may well increase the party crowds

we're a little concerned that people who couldn't get to their trips will be there next week when we re there. I know some airlines allowed people to reschedule.

Is there a good strategy post or thread from those who purchased the dessert party with parade viewing and have experience to report back on? Trying to get as much insight as i can before we get to do this on Sunday night :)
There have been a handful of reports posted here, most from the first night. If there’s a separate thread I’m not aware of it, but if anyone else knows if one please post a link here!

Still missing most of the photos. Definitely not one magic shot is showing since we arrived over a week ago.

I thought it was a system-wide problem. I don’t think it’s just you. Somebody tweeted about it.

Edit: it was actually Disney Photopass which tweeted about it, 2 days ago.

Last edited:
we're a little concerned that people who couldn't get to their trips will be there next week when we re there. I know some airlines allowed people to reschedule.
I'm sure some will, if they can reschedule all their other plans like work and such. It's not like the attendance will double or anything. Or probably even go up by a quarter.
You are talking about 100's in the pool of what are already 1000's of guests.
A drop of water is an already pretty full bucket doesn't make a noticeable difference in the bucket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter