"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

What are the latest reports on Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket?
Is it something I need to line up for before 7?
Or have supplies been plentiful and lines reasonable later in the party?

Did anyone else who went to MNSSHP yesterday not receive most of their Magic Shots? The majority of mine are missing when I checked on the app. I know from previous years’ threads people have reported the same, but I just thought I’d check in about yesterday in particular. TIA!

(I will be back later to post my thoughts on the party). :)

WHAT?! I wanted to get one at the end of October. If they are out of that and both popcorn buckets I won't be a happy camper.

I will definitely be dialoguing with someone if they are sold out of many things in late October. The last few parties have the highest prices- it would absolutely be a guest experience planning issue for them not to be reasonably stocked.

Went to the party last night and had a great time. Did not have to wait long for many things. Got there around 4:05 and went through the empty AP line because the Halloween lines were full. picked up my wristband in city hall which was empty. Went through the bypass. The rest is the timeline

4:20 FP Space Mountain
4:40Dinner at Skipper Canteen.
5:20 FP BTMRR
walked around for a bit
6:40 lined up for Minnie 3rd in line came out exactly at 7pm done by 7:08
Walked by Vampirina Dance party, cute atmosphere. Kids were enjoying it.
Walk on Dumbo
7:30 Space Mountain 15 min wait
Walk on People mover
Walk on The Little Mermaid
Took photo in front of little mermaid
8:30 Seven Dwarves ride said 35 mins was about just that.
9:15 Seven Dwarves photo 20 minute wait; if that. (I was shocked how empty the tent was. They said 40 minute wait, I figured I try my luck since the first parade was going on. It was two and half hours at 6:40!)
Walked over to Frontierland sat in the rockin chairs for 20 minutes until the start of fireworks. Once they started moved up to the river fence. Empty and amazing views!
10:30 walked on Splash Mountain completely empty and had my own car.
10:50 got a spot across from Pecos Bill Front row on the floor.
11:40 hitchhiking ghosts photo (only two people in line)
11:50 Tea cups walk on
12:10 Headless Horsemen photo at exit. Waited two minutes.

I was solo so I was able to go with the flow. At certain points I felt areas were congested and just went a different direction. I trick or treated later in the evening because I didn’t want to carry candy and it was hot. They were giving out two handfuls; my bag was overflowing. I enjoyed looking at all the costumes and everyone being festive!

Attachments

• 6EED80AF-6CC5-49BC-A236-6A22299FF7BB.jpeg
    6EED80AF-6CC5-49BC-A236-6A22299FF7BB.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 60
Kind of worried about @dachsie... they were live reporting, with some comments about the heat, but haven’t been on since 8:30 yesterday! Hope you had a fun night and are just sleeping in! :-)
Oh sorry. Yes it was fun but my feet were hurting so bad. After HM I went ToT for my applesauce and then sat outside Pecks Bills. As soon as HH went by I went inside to eat - hades nachos which were good. Then headed to front of park to leave. I hurt so bad after 2.5 days I had to rent a scooter at Epcot on Monday. Lol. Will give a 9/25 report later but everything was walk-in for that except 7DMT

I'm sorry I am sure that has been covered - but what is the bypass I keep seeing people refer too?

This will be our 1st party - we plan to arrive shortly after 4pm. Once we go through security - where do we have to go to get our party bands? Once we have collected those are we all set for the night?

Thanks!

I'm sorry I am sure that has been covered - but what is the bypass I keep seeing people refer too?

This will be our 1st party - we plan to arrive shortly after 4pm. Once we go through security - where do we have to go to get our party bands? Once we have collected those are we all set for the night?

Thanks!

Crude aerial and labeling, but it’s the pink line below that “bypasses” Main Street. It is technically back-stage but is lightly themed so it’s not overly backstage feeling. This is generally where the push you towards when entering for MNSSHP.

The bypass is also often open on a regular park night right after fireworks - it’s a good option if trying to avoid Main Street Post-Fireworks chaos.

Plaza East and West Garden Labeled Aerial.jpg

Just thought I'd put my thoughts on about last night's party. Most rides were pretty easy to get on. The longest dh and I queued was for about 15 mins for space mountain but I know sdmt had a longer wait. Trick and treat lines eased off after the first hour. We didn't queue for any character photos but from what I could see queues also seemed to ease off after a few hours too. That being said I will say that we haven't been to a party for a few years and there seemed to be a lot more people that we've experienced before but we just noticed it in the way that there was a lot of people traffic around the parks.
Dh and I were the couple in the jurassic park outfits with the dinosaur on our backpack in case anyone saw us!

I just got my Travelzoo weekly Top 20 deals email and the MNSSHP is one of them. It surprised me to see it on there since they don't seem to have a problem selling tickets! Listed as saving 20% off gate price, so for anyone planning to go who hasn't yet bought tickets, it might be worth checking out!

Have you bought tickets through them before? I've never used Travelzoo before, so just checking to make sure it's totally legit. It would save us almost $40 more than the AP discount through Disney. I'll take every bit of savings I can get!

What are the latest reports on Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket?
Is it something I need to line up for before 7?
Or have supplies been plentiful and lines reasonable later in the party?
I got mine yesterday right at 7. I was the only one wringing to get it

Oh sorry. Yes it was fun but my feet were hurting so bad. After HM I went ToT for my applesauce and then sat outside Pecks Bills. As soon as HH went by I went inside to eat - hades nachos which were good. Then headed to front of park to leave. I hurt so bad after 2.5 days I had to rent a scooter at Epcot on Monday. Lol. Will give a 9/25 report later but everything was walk-in for that except 7DMT
I forgot to mention on my way for applesauce I did the gravediggers. Took maybe 10 mins it was before the parade like around 830ish

I am looking for help to get the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Halloween party card (available at the Main St. Firehall).
If any of you attending upcoming party nights would be willing to assist me, please send me a PM with your address and I will mail you a SASE.
It will take only a couple minutes of your time and won't cost you anything.
Thank you.

Michael

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter