"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was widely reported that MNSSHP was MUCH more crowded this year than any other years. Disney vloggers, such as Pete from The Dis, reported that it was oversold, perhaps by as much as 50%, compared to previous years. Hence, the worry that because the first MVMCP event isn't 'sold out' as quickly as other years, Disney raised the ticket sales cap. We shall if this is correct tonight after crowd reports come in...

This!!!

What are character meets like after 11pm, particularly Jack/Sally and/or Moana? Are their lines typically shorter then or do they cut off the line at a certain time?

Thanks!!

Typically they are shorter, however, based on current line determines when line officially closed (i.e. 11pm, 11:15pm vs 11:30pm).

Last edited:
It was widely reported that MNSSHP was MUCH more crowded this year than any other years. Disney vloggers, such as Pete from The Dis, reported that it was oversold, perhaps by as much as 50%, compared to previous years. Hence, the worry that because the first MVMCP event isn't 'sold out' as quickly as other years, Disney raised the ticket sales cap. We shall if this is correct tonight after crowd reports come in...
I went to the same MNSSHP 3 years in a row and saw no significant difference.
Then again I dont meet characters so the long wait times for that are not a factor for me.
I also dont determine how crowded it is based on how mNy people are in the park but rather how long wait times are for attractions. They have been consistantly short.

45628106_10218117912285090_6014667764617183232_o.jpg

45609140_10218117915565172_6338790370712748032_o.jpg

I can't wait for all the info tonight! I hope everyone going has a jolly time!

For what it's worth, I've seen no difference in the MNSSHP crowds over the past 3 years I've been going. We're character and show people, and we've actually gotten more and more done each year as I learn from past experiences. And I don't think the average person going to the park for MVMCP is thinking back to past crowd years and analyzing like we do. I think price would deter sales more than crowd perceptions, in my opinion.

Typically they are shorter, however, based on current line determines when line officially closed (i.e. 11pm, 11:15pm vs 11:30pm).
Thank you, @monique5

So, the Totally Tomorrowland show is a must for us, but we can't get there till the 10:45 show. Possibly stay there for the 11:10 Edge Effect, but maybe not. From what I gather, if we see Edge Effect, then head straight over to either Jack/Sally or Moana, we run the risk of either line already being shut down. If we ditch the Edge Effect and leave right after TTL, then at least one should still be open, and it would be a shorter than usual line, but still by the time that is done, we can try to head over to the other of Moana/Jack-Sally, but risk that one already being shut down for the night. Did I gather that correctly?

Thank you, @monique5

So, the Totally Tomorrowland show is a must for us, but we can't get there till the 10:45 show. Possibly stay there for the 11:10 Edge Effect, but maybe not. From what I gather, if we see Edge Effect, then head straight over to either Jack/Sally or Moana, we run the risk of either line already being shut down. If we ditch the Edge Effect and leave right after TTL, then at least one should still be open, and it would be a shorter than usual line, but still by the time that is done, we can try to head over to the other of Moana/Jack-Sally, but risk that one already being shut down for the night. Did I gather that correctly?
I would prioritize what is your #1 must do. You risk being disappointed if you try and schedule things to tightly especially at that time of night

How far does the snow go down on Main Street? Trying to figure out the best place for us to watch the parade for my son to see the "snow" and then get to the dessert party in Tomorrowland for the Fireworks asap.

I just asked at the emporium if we would be able to get merchandise at 2 pm with our party ticket like MNSSHP and got 3 different answers in one conversation lol

I would prioritize what is your #1 must do. You risk being disappointed if you try and schedule things to tightly especially at that time of night
Exactly. Basically, I am trying to get an idea of what the character lines situations would be like after the 10:45 TTL show. What the probabilities are of even getting Moana or Jack/Sally. If at that time of night, lines are shorter, are they still 30-45 minutes or longer or shorter (typically), and then if we had to absolutely make a choice between one other the other, we could do that. If we could hit both, that would be awesome, but unexpected. So trying to get a plan together, especially if TIME plays a factor in deciding one M&G over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter