"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of right now, No. But, I have definitely considered it. Right now we have 4 park tickets (2 MK, 1 AK, 1 HS). My DH is a big Star Wars fan so I wanted to arrange this day to be for him, plus my girls love Toy Story. In addition to the 2 MK days, we have the MVMCP ticket. So essentially, its 3 days at MK, but the party day wont really be for rides as much as it will be for christmas exclusives. I have thought about swapping a MK day for an Epcot day, mainly for Frozen Ever After, Finding Nemo....The problem is on 1 MK day I have a BOG reservation and on the 2nd MK day I have a CRT reservation. I don't want to give those up. That's the only thing keeping us from going to Epcot. I'm still going back and forth on what to do.
Consider Akershus instead of CRT. The princesses will be similar, the meal will be cheaper, and we’ve found Akershus to have much better character interactions than CRT.

I booked Kona at the Polynesian at 5pm, because I thought the menu looked good, and wanted a break from the park (we will be there at rope drop and staying all day!).

Lol. I understand the break! We have an 8am ADR at Ohana's and then will be at the park most of the day except for a little break at our hotel (GF) to swap into holiday outfits. After reading your post, I looked at my reservation for the Plaza that night and I have it at 6. I'm thinking maybe I should try and get an earlier time???

Lol. I understand the break! We have an 8am ADR at Ohana's and then will be at the park most of the day except for a little break at our hotel (GF) to swap into holiday outfits. After reading your post, I looked at my reservation for the Plaza that night and I have it at 6. I'm thinking maybe I should try and get an earlier time???
I would try for maybe 5pm? I don’t think 6 is bad though because the Plaza doesn’t seem like it takes over an hour.

I would try for maybe 5pm? I don’t think 6 is bad though because the Plaza doesn’t seem like it takes over an hour.
There isn’t any dining left for 5 that day, but I’ll keep checking. I had totally forgot about the Xmas party when I made my dining.

Consider Akershus instead of CRT. The princesses will be similar, the meal will be cheaper, and we’ve found Akershus to have much better character interactions than CRT.
That's a good idea too! Are the ADRs at Akershus as hard to get as CRT ? I could start looking. It's definitely a possible alternate with that.

I’ve never done this... but have you thought about park hopping if your dining reservations would allow it? Then you could do half Epcot and half MK.
I did consider this. I am not too familiar with Park Hopper. Is it an option to make 1 days ticket a park hopper? Or if you buy 4 tickets do you have to have park hoppers for all tickets for all people going? It seemed kind of expensive to just make an appearance at Epcot for a couple of rides or a half day - only because my kids are so young we didn't think we would be park hopping much other than that.

I did consider this. I am not too familiar with Park Hopper. Is it an option to make 1 days ticket a park hopper? Or if you buy 4 tickets do you have to have park hoppers for all tickets for all people going? It seemed kind of expensive to just make an appearance at Epcot for a couple of rides or a half day - only because my kids are so young we didn't think we would be park hopping much other than that.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can add it to just one day. And I do understand it seems expensive to add if you're going to use it for one day. I've never used it, we usually just stay in the same park all day. The only time I would maybe consider adding it to a trip is if we did AK again. They weren't a huge fan of that park (they weren't into the animals lol) and we'd probably only go back there for 1 ride. But like you, I don't know if I would justify adding a park hopper if we only needed it for 1 day.

Do any characters start meeting before the party begins? Moana will be the only priority for my daughter and I thought that I read one report from last year that she was out very early - like 4 or 5pm. If anyone has any recent experience, please share! I wouldn't normally take my daughter since she's only 4, but my father in law is treating us and wants to go to the party, so I'm trying to be smart about planning, especially since I don't think she will last until the end of the party.

When do you usually see sellouts dates on MVMCP? Trying to wait to buy as I’m not sure yet if someone in party can join us and these tickets are not refundable. Thank you!

See Post #3, last years dates that sold out plus the date the parties sold out on. Also, links to previous year's thread which contain sold out dates.

So this is a little bit of a “spin-off” question.

I want to do all things Christmas at Disney this year. With work, the best time for me to go will be the week of November 10th. I’m already bummed that my resort may not be decorated then. But I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing out on the festivities at the parks.

MVMCP is definitely happening then, but I can’t find the start dates for the Christmas Tree Trail at DS or Stitch’s Gift Hunt.
Does anyone know these dates?

Also are there other festivities I’m not aware of at HS, Epcot, or AK?

Thanks!

See Post #3 for old info.
2017 MVMCP Thread very details with all of the Holiday Happenings. This thread will have details once they are released.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...tmas-party-2017-believe-in-the-magic.3587769/

Opening dates for the DS activities have not been announced yet. But IIRC, they didn’t start until around thanksgiving last year?

HS will have Jingle Bell Jingle BAM (fireworks/projection show) - has started early November the last 2 years.

Epcot does the Festival of the Holidays and Candlelight Processional - historically that’s started the day after thanksgiving.

This!

Did any of you going on the 29th get dinner reservations? I got almost everything I wanted on my 180-day mark, but nothing was open for dinner except late during the party and I didn't want to do that. Hoping a BOG reservation opens up around 5pm!
We actually got a 4:30 CRT reservation for Sunday 11/25 which is the day we get there. We've never been able to get into CRT before. We'll have dinner while the crowds from the regular day clear out and then go get into the MVMCP stuff after that. I was not able to get a BOG reservation but we were able to get in there in October of 17.

Do any characters start meeting before the party begins? Moana will be the only priority for my daughter and I thought that I read one report from last year that she was out very early - like 4 or 5pm. If anyone has any recent experience, please share! I wouldn't normally take my daughter since she's only 4, but my father in law is treating us and wants to go to the party, so I'm trying to be smart about planning, especially since I don't think she will last until the end of the party.
She is one that has come out early so it is recommended to start lining up around 4-4:15

Opening dates for the DS activities have not been announced yet. But IIRC, they didn’t start until around thanksgiving last year?

HS will have Jingle Bell Jingle BAM (fireworks/projection show) - has started early November the last 2 years.

Epcot does the Festival of the Holidays and Candlelight Processional - historically that’s started the day after thanksgiving.

They announced the Festival of the Holidays 2018 last month. It starts the weekend before Thanksgiving this year. Had to verify, because I was worried we would miss it if it didn't start until after Thanksgiving.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...val-of-the-holidays-candlelight-processional/

If you upgraded, you would have to do it for the entire length of the ticket, so all four days.

If you were only interested in Frozen, you could ropedrop Epcot, do Frozen Ever After and meet the sisters, then head out the International Gateway and walk/take the boat from Epcot to HS and use your FP+ there.

Thanks for this, most have missed this announcement!

I had completely forgotten about it. When I read your post, I started freaking a bit, because i thought we would miss it. Then, when I found the article, I remembered why I moved our Epcot day from that Saturday before it starts:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter