"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Disney website, I just bought my tickets for Nov 27th, they are allowing you into the party starting at 2pm now. So a lot of extra time if you don't plan on using a park day ticket!
Great perk I guess for those that have longer stays and want to save some money!!! Enjoy!!!

They're only letting DVC members into the party at 2pm with their party tickets. Non-DVC members are still being let in at 4pm.

Just ordered the fam our Christmas Mickey jammies for the party!! Now can it be Dec yet?????? And maybe get some info do I can make a plan?!?!?!

According to the Disney website, I just bought my tickets for Nov 27th, they are allowing you into the party starting at 2pm now. So a lot of extra time if you don't plan on using a park day ticket!
Great perk I guess for those that have longer stays and want to save some money!!! Enjoy!!!

DVC Members (With "Appropriate" Membership ID) may enter at 2pm, it's on the DVC Member Benefits Page. All other guests with party tickets, 4pm.

Just ordered the fam our Christmas Mickey jammies for the party!! Now can it be Dec yet?????? And maybe get some info do I can make a plan?!?!?!

Sweet! That's going to be super cute! :santa:Leaving in 21D, have t-shirts for different days at park :D, still deciding on MVMCP attire o_O! Yikes! Decisions, decisions!

Yes, I need more details, so 2D in a row there's been info, even though yesterday's wasn't relevant, here's hoping for more today!

Just catching up on this thread. We have our Tix for Nov. 25, and our FPs for 7DMT at 4 and PPF at 5. First time party for is and a first time trip for my parents. My family of 5 (including kids) plus my parents = 7 total. We don't really have a huge need for the rides or many of the characters. We're keeping the entire trip a secret from our kids until we leave for the airport. But we've tried to gauge their interest in some of the special characters and have gotten "meh" responses. So, we figure that if we do eventually head for characters it would be later in the evening after what we want to do...which is mainly the main Street atmosphere, the shows, fireworks, parades. We will venture over to Adventureland to ride the Jingle Cruise, since my folks will miss that when we ride it later in our trip, and catch the Reindeer Wranglers, and we will venture over to Tomorrowland for the show over there, but it there than that, I think it's just milling around Main Street and the hub for the castle stage. The party begins at 7 with a Frozen Holiday Wish and Mickey's Most Merriest Christmas celebration at the castle stage, right? Then we can move away from the hub? My folks are in scooters. Thoughts?

*edit to add* My mom just popped in a phone call to say that my dad "might want to meet Grumpy at some point during the trip." Sooo, since we weren't planning on standing in line to meet the Dwarfs, I could use some advice on this. I know it's somewhere, but I can't find it. What time do they usually begin meeting and do they go all night long? We will be arrive at 4, and finishing our Peter Pan fp shortly after 5 (the 5-6pm fp window). Thoughts? advice? Thanks!!

Last edited:
Just catching up on this thread. We have our Tix for Nov. 25, and our FPs for 7DMT at 4 and PPF at 5. First time party for is and a first time trip for my parents. My family of 5 (including kids) plus my parents = 7 total. We don't really have a huge need for the rides or many of the characters. We're keeping the entire trip a secret from our kids until we leave for the airport. But we've tried to gauge their interest in some of the special characters and have gotten "meh" responses. So, we figure that if we do eventually head for characters it would be later in the evening after what we want to do...which is mainly the main Street atmosphere, the shows, fireworks, parades. We will venture over to Adventureland to ride the Jingle Cruise, since my folks will miss that when we ride it later in our trip, and catch the Reindeer Wranglers, and we will venture over to Tomorrowland for the show over there, but it there than that, I think it's just milling around Main Street and the hub for the castle stage. The party begins at 7 with a Frozen Holiday Wish and Mickey's Most Merriest Christmas celebration at the castle stage, right? Then we can move away from the hub? My folks are in scooters. Thoughts?

*edit to add* My mom just popped in a phone call to say that my dad "might want to meet Grumpy at some point during the trip." Sooo, since we weren't planning on standing in line to meet the Dwarfs, I could use some advice on this. I know it's somewhere, but I can't find it. What time do they usually begin meeting and do they go all night long? We will be arrive at 4, and finishing our Peter Pan fp shortly after 5 (the 5-6pm fp window). Thoughts? advice? Thanks!!

I would get in line right after the PP FP

Sweet! That's going to be super cute! :santa:Leaving in 21D, have t-shirts for different days at park :D, still deciding on MVMCP attire o_O! Yikes! Decisions, decisions!

Yes, I need more details, so 2D in a row there's been info, even though yesterday's wasn't relevant, here's hoping for more today!
Looks like the info of the day is about Epcot holiday food options. Not helpful for planning MVMCP strategy but definitely helpful for planing my eat around the world strategy!!

Looks like the info of the day is about Epcot holiday food options. Not helpful for planning MVMCP strategy but definitely helpful for planing my eat around the world strategy!!

Very true. I saw that but haven't had time to post. Work, it's interrupting my posts and planning. :rotfl2:
I like to add to Page 1 for those that are there for the holidays as well, and it helps with my planning too. :woohoo:
:disrocks:

Our plan... we are going on Nov. 12th - we have PH and a ticket that day so we can get in anytime... probably get to MK by 3:30pm. Get in line for Sandy Claws - thinking he'll be at Town Square theater right? Tinker Bell side? Hopefully he comes out by 4:30pm... meet him and then get to Crystal Palace for a 5:15pm dinner. I'm not sure if we will try for any other characters - I think that we will just take in the snacks, shows, fireworks and parade the rest of the time... DD7 is turning 8 that day and she's determined to stay up late! She's normally in bed pretty early so we'll see how long she lasts! I'm excited for her actual birthday to celebrate it at the party!

Sound like a reasonable plan?

Hi everyone. Need some advice! In all our visits this is our first MVMCP. :) We booked the Dessert Party with Garden Viewing. What is a good strategy for getting a spot afterward for the late parade? Is this doable? We like having the garden viewing for fireworks but I really want the Main Street view for parade. If that means it’s not possible to do both then we’d rather wait out everything on Main Street and skip Dessert party. Anyone have luck with this? Any scoop would be appreciated! Many thanks!

I am new to DIS boards! :) Info of the day?? where can I find that? Especially eating around the world holiday style! :D

Foodie Guide to Epcot International Festival of the Holidays 2018

This year is the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, which runs from November 18 through December 30, 2018. Celebrating joyous holiday traditions from around the globe, this festival returns to Epcot once again with festivities including the ever-popular Candlelight Processional (starting Nov. 22) as well as festive decorations and unforgettable entertainment.

With 12 Holiday Kitchens as well as additional locations throughout the park, there are deliciously festive dishes around every corner. New at this year’s festival, we’ve got a host of new items at Feast of the Three Kings as well as a WHOLE NEW HOLIDAY KITCHEN! The new L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen features traditional Jewish dishes such as Pastrami on Rye, Chicken and Matzo Ball Soup, Egg Cream, and more.
dps209348203948324-768x513.jpg

fcc29834029384203498234-768x513.jpg

Full Details >> Foodie Guide to Epcot International Festival of the Holidays 2018

This year is the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, which runs from November 18 through December 30, 2018. Celebrating joyous holiday traditions from around the globe, this festival returns to Epcot once again with festivities including the ever-popular Candlelight Processional (starting Nov. 22) as well as festive decorations and unforgettable entertainment.

With 12 Holiday Kitchens as well as additional locations throughout the park, there are deliciously festive dishes around every corner. New at this year’s festival, we’ve got a host of new items at Feast of the Three Kings as well as a WHOLE NEW HOLIDAY KITCHEN! The new L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen features traditional Jewish dishes such as Pastrami on Rye, Chicken and Matzo Ball Soup, Egg Cream, and more.

Full Details >> Foodie Guide to Epcot International Festival of the Holidays 2018
I am so excited for this! We’re going to do the festival in the morning-afternoon on the 15th, and we have an 8:15 BOG reservation. A good day of eating!

This sounds and looks amazing!! My only question is if any of these are available as snack credits on the dining plan???

Newbie party question. But how do you manage to get to the flagpole after the parade as started? Do you have to move through/behind the crowd of people lining Main Street or is there a "back route" to take to get there without wading through the crowds?

I'm also curious about this "garden" near Casey's that everyone is talking about. I think I see it on the map but I'm not too sure. How do you claim a spot without CM herding you away before the fireworks? We've only been to MK fireworks once before about four or five years ago and I recall us having trouble finding a spot. Claiming a spot only to be told my CM we had to move as it was a walking path only/no stopping area. We moved several times until ending up in a mass of people near the top end of Main Street. There was lots of jostling and people bumping into you nudging and then lots of parents putting their kids on their shoulders and people holding up their cameras/phones after the fireworks started. Kids on shoulders being the bigger view obstruction problem.

We have a health issue in our party this time and we're really going to need a slightly less crowded area to be (preferably with curb seating near by we can claim for the parade). We'd prefer not to have to be staked out in the hub and main street the entire night to have a decent spot for those shows. But I'm starting to feel like that might be what we have to do ...

This flag pole talk and Casey's garden seem like possible options, though. As do Frontierland for the parade and behind the castle for the fireworks, though I'm afraid will be disappointed with not seeing the castle projections and "snow" if we go that route.
The parade kicks off in Frontierland, so if you’re at the flagpole around 11, you’re in place long before the parade arrives in that area. Though you will need to walk behind the crowds lining Main Street - we usually cut through the shops.

The garden in front of Casey’s is fenced in, so no one will shoo you out. If you stand on the street behind the garden, however, you will be asked to move along. But inside the gates you’re fine.

For almost every parade we prefer to watch from Frontierland for less crowds. However, at MVMCP you will miss the snow if you watch from there.

This sounds and looks amazing!! My only question is if any of these are available as snack credits on the dining plan???
Usually most of them (with the exception of the adult drinks) are snack credits from the booths. There might be a couple exceptions (that caramel pretzel was not a snack credit last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter