"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably to make more money since Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party is for fireworks which is before 2nd parade. Some PP will attend both.
Wow, so two hard tickets with in a hard ticket. I remember when they first started letting guest experience a certain area to watch the fireworks in with a fast pass for free. We really enjoyed getting to do that. Makes you wonder if this Tony's party sells really well if they would do it for both parades next year? What will be the next experience that was once free that they will soon charge for?

We have bought the tomorrowland terrace dessert party and plan to see the 2nd parade, do y'all think we will be okay to do so?

How easily do you get cold? It might not ever get cold enough for the thick Disney store-style sweaters if you have a higher tolerance for Floridian "winter"

Another good solution are the christmas sweater style shirts. Also, worth noting, stores like target and wal-mart sell christmas "sweaters" that are made of a much thinner material. They're only slightly thicker than a regular shirt. You might be able to tolerate that with the sleeves rolled up. Again, it varies on a person-to-person basis. I live in South Florida, so I swore I was going to turn into an icicle in 55 degree weather during January. I personally had no problem wearing the Disney store christmas sweater in 65-70 degree weather, but it depends on the person.
Just want to add in that I KNOW Meijer had Christmas sweaters that were the thinner material. If you have one near you.

I really want to get a Disney ugly sweater to wear for the Christmas party, but I’m worried it may be too warm for that. The weather variability is really complicating my pre trip Disney shopping!

I totally get that! I’m from ND and when we go to Disney in a month, we’ll be coming from 30-ish degree weather so Florida will feel hot! I went on Etsy and ordered a thin long sleeve that has ugly sweater designs.
I’m going with the “you can always add more layers, but you can only take so many off” motto lol.

Last edited:

I didn't go for Tony's yet... there are 5 of us and $500 was just more than I was willing to drop. Sigh. I love the idea.

10D Until the 1st MVMCP of 2018
Woot! We live Christmas! Our party is Dec 2 and today as an AP holder I broke down and purchased the Tony's add on. We have a 1:50 pm lunch ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern so I'm using the Tony's thing as dinner. I'm also hoping to see fireworks from nearby. I was able to take my original touring plan and modify it to include the dessert party without losing too much dessert time.

Question....is Santa Jack back to the gazebo for the party? I was sort of hoping he would stay where he and Sally ended up at the Halloween party.....

I didn't go for Tony's yet... there are 5 of us and $500 was just more than I was willing to drop. Sigh. I love the idea.

I called this morning and was ready to book. :santa: Then told CM thanks, but no thanks before processing payment :rolleyes1. With my DVC/AP discount on MVMCP tickets, Yep, $15 whole dollars, Tony's Dessert Party was going to cost my family of 3 more than the actual party :sad2:. Disney will still get my money --- MVMCP merchandise, Holiday merchandise, new Pandora charms, new Disney Vera Bradley:charac2:. Yeah! Couldn't find away to eat that much dessert or drink that much. if so, wouldn't be acceptable for WDW. :rotfl2: If attending 2 parties this year, probably would have completed booking, but I have a lot to accomplish during my 1 party, and eating and drinking for $300+ is not one of them, coveted spot or not. So I'll have to stop for :drinking1around the park and throw a few back with my peeps, Sandy, Mickey, Scrooge McDuck, Moana, Nick & Judy. Hot Chocolate that is, it's included with the party cost. :dancer: Hope its cool that night. :D

Last edited:
How easily do you get cold? It might not ever get cold enough for the thick Disney store-style sweaters if you have a higher tolerance for Floridian "winter"

Another good solution are the christmas sweater style shirts. Also, worth noting, stores like target and wal-mart sell christmas "sweaters" that are made of a much thinner material. They're only slightly thicker than a regular shirt. You might be able to tolerate that with the sleeves rolled up. Again, it varies on a person-to-person basis. I live in South Florida, so I swore I was going to turn into an icicle in 55 degree weather during January. I personally had no problem wearing the Disney store christmas sweater in 65-70 degree weather, but it depends on the person.
I may live in PA but I have zero tolerance for any form of winter! At 65 I definitely have a hoodie on, though I guess the Florida sun may change that a bit. I’ll have to take a look at Walmart and target, thanks!

I may live in PA but I have zero tolerance for any form of winter! At 65 I definitely have a hoodie on, though I guess the Florida sun may change that a bit. I’ll have to take a look at Walmart and target, thanks!
2 years ago it was 86 the day of our Christmas party late November! We had 3/4 tees which worked out fine once the sun went down. I think it was still mid 70's all evening long. You just never know with this time of year! That trip was a really hot one although we've been the same time of year when it was much cooler.

Woot! We live Christmas! Our party is Dec 2 and today as an AP holder I broke down and purchased the Tony's add on. We have a 1:50 pm lunch ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern so I'm using the Tony's thing as dinner. I'm also hoping to see fireworks from nearby. I was able to take my original touring plan and modify it to include the dessert party without losing too much dessert time.

Question....is Santa Jack back to the gazebo for the party? I was sort of hoping he would stay where he and Sally ended up at the Halloween party.....

Sweet! As of date, no character info for 2018. It will be posted here and added to Post #1 when released or PP report back after the 1st party.

Hi everyone! So heading to Disney fir 1st time during the holidays.. have tickets to Christmas party at mk on dec 9. I’m fettubg nervous about crowds. My son is 5 is going to want to ride all the rides, have cookies and a few characters. We love fireworks and parades.. Do u think we need to book any of the parties? New 1 at Tony’s or the dessert party? Please help, I need advice. Im always the sole planner and love it, butbthys has got me stumped!

I live in TX and use 3/4 sleeve Christmas t-shirts mostly. I have one sweater that I will wear if we get some colder temps. I just bought a new one for my trip. :)

10D Until the 1st MVMCP of 2018

So excited. Except UGH. I want a map and details. Who is meeting where and when. Parade and show times. Come on its 10 days out.........ok. Breathe........I just want to plan. A little. We can be flexible if we know what the options are........

So if you had to choose from the 11/27, 11/29 or 11/30 parties - which would you choose from a lower crowd perspective? I would say the 27th but I read that is a popular date somewhere...
Thanks for your insight. :santa:

Hi everyone! So heading to Disney fir 1st time during the holidays.. have tickets to Christmas party at mk on dec 9. I’m fettubg nervous about crowds. My son is 5 is going to want to ride all the rides, have cookies and a few characters. We love fireworks and parades.. Do u think we need to book any of the parties? New 1 at Tony’s or the dessert party? Please help, I need advice. Im always the sole planner and love it, butbthys has got me stumped!

All that you have listed is doable, but really depends on which rides and how many, as well as which characters you want to meet. I'm not sure about your son, but my DD was 6 when she attended her 1st party, we did the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party which included fireworks only. We didn't think she would make it through the night. She barely made it, DH had to carry her some towards the end, and the rest at the DP was much needed and allowed her to last longer. We ate at Casey's and saw tops of floats as they parade went by (not ideal). We do not have those issues now, we eat at 2:30pm or 4pm (If attending 2 parties), and she's good for the evening. We do enjoy the treat stations throughout the night. DH & her ride while I wait in line for the characters.

Looks like you want to do it all. I would set more realistic/flexible plan, a few characters (depends which one, 2-3), a few rides (2-3) and make sure to book FP+. If you do the Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party that's the 11pm parade, so need to be there by 10-10:30 to enjoy the treats. If you do the TT Dessert Party, fireworks at 10pm, need to be there no later than 9pm for table (which are not reserved), and enjoy treats. If doing both, then 9-close would consist of 2 Dessert Parties, that a lot of money for 3 hours of the party. Be mindful you would have to check in early or allow time to check-in upon arrival for both parties. I don't see DS5 really being able to eat that much, which leaves you 4-9pm for rides and characters and only a few meet prior to 7pm.

I get why some will do both, I would think an older crowd (not with young kids) or mobility issues (beneficial for my mom), etc. it works. IMO, not good use of time (much less money) for everything you want to do and age of child. Now if money not an issue or of no concern then spend the extra $400 on both parties (more $ if more than you and DS). I've enjoyed the Dessert Parties & my family, however, we did not do the DP last year since no parade viewing (1st time no DP, cancelled), and accomplished a lot more. No regrets for all the years we did the Dessert Parties, I was only considering it this year for the offerings (something new), parade viewing just a bonus.

Edit: Hopefully other PP will reply to and share insight, give recommendations. If not, do you have KtP's Character Locator? That's a great resource (small fee) that can provide a party touring plan and subscribers can purchase a personalized plan for an additional fee. I have CL and use it in all of the parks, I've always been able to do everything on our list for MVMCP, MNSSHP and at the parks with CL. This thread is helpful in that it provides you with all the details (Post #1) in one place, PP will post where the characters are and times they meet (MVMCP Party Map doesn't), and some will give suggestions of order to do things (no guarantee and could depend on crowd levels and if you make any changes yourself) or the order they did things at their party (only helpful if your party is afterwards), so that's why suggest KtP to maximize party plans in advance. Be flexible. Happy planning! :santa:

Last edited:
So excited. Except UGH. I want a map and details. Who is meeting where and when. Parade and show times. Come on its 10 days out.........ok. Breathe........I just want to plan. A little. We can be flexible if we know what the options are........

True Story. Posted earlier Party Maps are coming out later and later each year, day before or day off, set your expectations for then. I have to remind myself to breathe too, 1st time going in November and 2nd week of parties. Typically go in December, so have thread details plus PP have posted and I can adjust accordingly for weeks. I do not have that luxury this year.

So if you had to choose from the 11/27, 11/29 or 11/30 parties - which would you choose from a lower crowd perspective? I would say the 27th but I read that is a popular date somewhere...
Thanks for your insight. :santa:

Not sure which night, but you can check out which parties sold out and when, Post #3. It was posted here, typically those 1st 2 parties after Thanksgiving sell out since no parties during that week, 8D of no parties leading up to 1st party after Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter