"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This! I was going to say call and get another CM, also, you can book yourself online for both.

We got it by calling! Online didn't work as it kept prompting me to cancel the Fireworks Party, when I chose the "keep" button it wouldn't let me book Tony's.

We have both booked on the same night. I guess phone CMs can override the restriction. Try calling.

Phoning worked! Thanks!

I figured we would just snack all night during the party anyway....those free cookies are fine and all but I need savory things or else I would be sick by the end of the night. Add the wine factor and savory snacks, and desserts.....subtract what we would pay for qs dinner.....then of course there's the added benefit of parade viewing. And I cant forget the ability to have a place to sit (oh, Tony's dessert party does have tables and chairs, right)? My 56 year old poor feet/legs just don't have the stamina they once did....plus I have a torn meniscus that will eventually need repairing. I didn't have to think too hard about this one.

Yes, indeed. I could not agree more with this assessment. I am not going to lie, the price made me shy away for a little bit ... I mean it’s like paying double the price for MVMCP but in my old(er) age, I have been many time where I didn’t get there early enough to get a good spot, I underestimated QS lines and waited a good 30 minutes just to order, etc to where this party does make sense for my family. Oh and PLEASE let them have plenty of seating!

Last edited:
I thought quite a bit about this and ultimately decided to pass on the Tony's parade viewing upcharge. For that much, I could just go to the party a second time, spend $10 on a snack, and eat it while sitting on the curb for an hour to get a good view of the parade. And that would still leave me 7 hours to spend doing other things at the party. If I could only attend one party I might think differently, but for now I will let this one go by without me.

Last edited:
So if you had to choose from the 11/27, 11/29 or 11/30 parties - which would you choose from a lower crowd perspective? I would say the 27th but I read that is a popular date somewhere...
Thanks for your insight. :santa:

So I am choosing between the 27th and 29th as well and have put way too much thought into it.

I think the 29th will be busy because- the 30th ticket prices are $20 or $30 more, and during MNSSHP the really crazy Thursday nights were the night before more expensive Fridays- most people will choose the cheaper date. Also, as far as onsite guests, there are no evening EMH's that Thursday so there's nothing to do that night, whereas Tuesday Epcot has evening EMHs. I THINK the crowds will be highest the 29th, then the 30th, then lowest the 27th.

I may end up going the 29th anyway depending on how my ticket upgrade goes, and in that case I hope UT is right about it- according to them it's not going to be that busy.

So I am choosing between the 27th and 29th as well and have put way too much thought into it.

I think the 29th will be busy because- the 30th ticket prices are $20 or $30 more, and during MNSSHP the really crazy Thursday nights were the night before more expensive Fridays- most people will choose the cheaper date. Also, as far as onsite guests, there are no evening EMH's that Thursday so there's nothing to do that night, whereas Tuesday Epcot has evening EMHs. I THINK the crowds will be highest the 29th, then the 30th, then lowest the 27th.

I may end up going the 29th anyway depending on how my ticket upgrade goes, and in that case I hope UT is right about it- according to them it's not going to be that busy.

Here's to hoping the 27th is not crowded! That's when we are going.

Ok can't bite on booking the Tony's just yet want to see the reviews first and then of course it may be too late. We have party tickets only in early Nov so I will have to decide on the fly what do, etc. Which I guess from reading seems like the norm for MVMCP these days..........so I need to just deal with it?! Lol......my OCD Disney Girl has to stay locked away for at least another week........le sigh......

Parades are DH's thing but we don't have be be upfront 3 hours ahead either. We did MNSSHP awhile ago and the headless horseman blew him away I think. And we were in Frontierland (I think it was 2012 or earlier) on the curb eating turkey legs not 30 minutes before the parade start (I do think is was the 2nd parade).

But we saw the HH riding up front and that sealed it for DH and DD.

Last edited:
This is a fast pass Xmas party question.
If we book fast passes on MDE and we went last year so we already have a login etc. Will they be attached to our old wristbands? Because those may be lost in my house somewhere.
Can we use the app to access the fast passes? Or some other way without our old wristbands.
We are not staying at the park. We are only attending the party.

I caved and booked the Tony's party. It's our only MK day so I don't want to worry about getting a parade spot, plus we can wait to eat until it starts and not worry about taking time out to eat somewhere. Plus the extra 1/2 hour at the end while everyone else has to leave at midnight.

Anyone else going?

anyone know what time philharmagic closes on the nights of parties? i thought i read it was used as a station during the halloween parties and I didn't know if that was the case for christmas parties too. was hoping to go on it first around 4pm when we arrive. thanks:genie:

I caved and booked the Tony's party. It's our only MK day so I don't want to worry about getting a parade spot, plus we can wait to eat until it starts and not worry about taking time out to eat somewhere. Plus the extra 1/2 hour at the end while everyone else has to leave at midnight.

Anyone else going?
We'll be there on Dec 2nd!

If we book fast passes on MDE and we went last year so we already have a login etc. Will they be attached to our old wristbands? Because those may be lost in my house somewhere.
Can we use the app to access the fast passes? Or some other way without our old wristbands.
FP are not attached to your magic band but to your MDE account.

If you purchase through your MDE account, the MVMCP tickets will be linked to your MBs through MDE. You will have access to your FP+ selections through the app and can make additional FP+ through the app (if available & If FP+ Window still open).

In regards to party entry & going through the FP+ entrances, you will need your MBs or the Green RFID Card or paper ticket (you can request this shipping method @ no additional cost at time or purchase). Paper ticket should work the same at FP+ entrances???

Last edited:

Anyone else going?

I declined when it was time to process payment. Still on the fence. If meant to be, availability will be there if I decide to cave in. If not, wasn't meant to be and no big deal. We are always in the park until 12:30ish on party nights, getting Magic Shots (fewer PP or no one in your background), walking through shops, sometimes in a character line and walking to the front, and CMs are not rushing you out. Entrance gets backed up due to crowds leaving after midnight stage show (so those people still there too) & just leaving in general, and long lines for Disney transportation, so we are taking a leisurely stroll at that point. So not true on everyone leaving at midnight & having park to self. Just letting you know, and if just statement for humor, that's one way of looking at additional perk.

anyone know what time philharmagic closes on the nights of parties? i thought i read it was used as a station during the halloween parties and I didn't know if that was the case for christmas parties too. was hoping to go on it first around 4pm when we arrive. thanks:genie:

Not sure about closing time. It's used as a Wristband Location for MVMCP too.

I've decided to bite the bullet and I'm going to purchase Tony's merriest. Here's my dilemma, I can't decide if I should do the first party we have on the Sunday, Nov 25th or do our last party on Friday, Nov 30th.
My thoughts on both nights are this- and please correct me if I'm wrong :)
I'm guessing Sunday the 25th will be busier being the first one after Thanksgiving, so rides and characters might have longer wait times, making it a good time to sit for a parade and have good seats.
-or-
By doing the last party of our trip on Friday, the 30th, I can cancel it if we managed to randomly catch the parade at our other parties.

Any thoughts or opinions on if one date would be better then the next?

Anyone else going?
I booked for our party. We are going Dec 20th. We have a 4:20 BOG so figured we would mosey down around 10 for some snacks. We watched the parade during the day on Christmas Eve from the flagpole but want to see it at night with snow and I do not want to sit and stake out a spot. We saw the fireworks last year from the reserved spot and are not concerned about those.

I've decided to bite the bullet and I'm going to purchase Tony's merriest. Here's my dilemma, I can't decide if I should do the first party we have on the Sunday, Nov 25th or do our last party on Friday, Nov 30th.
My thoughts on both nights are this- and please correct me if I'm wrong :)
I'm guessing Sunday the 25th will be busier being the first one after Thanksgiving, so rides and characters might have longer wait times, making it a good time to sit for a parade and have good seats.
-or-
By doing the last party of our trip on Friday, the 30th, I can cancel it if we managed to randomly catch the parade at our other parties.

Any thoughts or opinions on if one date would be better then the next?

I would do the 1st one... its gonna be packed.. leave the end party to hit everything you dodnt get to at the 1st one.. and who knows.. you may love it so much you may wanna book it for the end party too !!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter