"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My Goodness! John Stamos is the Celebrity Narrator for Candlelight Processional on the day we are going. My son loves Full House (and Fuller House) he is going to be so excited!!!
Oh! How exciting. I rather like John Stamos too....I bet he will be very good as narrator, esp given that he is a newish Father!

I'm so excited to read your strategies for meeting characters! It will be our first time at Christmas (we did Halloween two years ago) and we want to at least see Moana, Sandy Claws and Scrooge McDuck. Our pary night is tuesday december 4th!

At Halloween we did Jack & Sally, 7 dwarfs, all the characters in Storybrook and we were finish at 7h45, ready to concentrate on entertainment and trick-or-treat!

From what I found online last year Moana started around 4PM, Sandy Claws at 6PM in liberty square? But when he was moved to the entrance anyone know how early?

How realistic would something like this be if the hours stay the same (I know it's too early and will change, but it's fun for me lol):

3:30 : In line to enter the park as early as possible
4:00 : Moana line, hopefully done before 5 PM
5:00 : Sandy Claws line, hopefully done before 7 PM
7:15-7:30 : Found a spot for Mickey celebration, A Frozen Holiday Wish, and the 8:30 parade
After the parade: Meet characters in Storybrooks (NOT the 7 dwarfs) + dance party + Treats
9:45 : Find a spot for fireworks
After: Meet Princess and Prince, Mary Poppins & Bert, treats... maybe catch the parade a second time or visit the tomorrowland show/Cosmic ray cafe...
Probably end the night with a photo with Mickey at Town square.

So excited!

How much do the party exclusive pins cost? My boss is a big Disney person--her family's been at least once a year for at least 16 years, but has never been to the holiday party. I thought it would be fun to buy her one.

Aw, maybe you can sneak in a trip?

Were going on Dec 2nd and already have the add on Tony's thing. Was planning on 7dwarfs and Sandy Claws but really wanted Scrooge McDuck too. DH thought we could skip the dwarfs since we met them at MVMCP IN 2012 but I'm not convinced we should skip them. Don't the dwarfs meet about the same time as Scrooge McDuck? I wonder if we could fit in all three? We'll be in the park starting at 11am or so.
I think you can meet Scrooge at AK.

Does Santa meet during the day or only during the Party? What are the lines like for him and also Mickey and Minnie?
When we went to the party last year, we were watching the fireworks from the end of Main Street near Town Square. We saw Santa poking his head out to watch some of the fireworks. So right as they ended we walked over to get our pic with Santa and there was on one else there.

I attended the MVMCP a few years back but cannot remember about the tickets. If I purchase them online now, do they mail them to me?
Thanks

I attended the MVMCP a few years back but cannot remember about the tickets. If I purchase them online now, do they mail them to me?
Thanks

They link to your MDE account. If you have a magicband, you can use that. I don't know what they do about it if you need a card.

Looking for some advice from the experts. We are attending the party on 12/6/18 and are hoping to accomplish the following:

1. Meet Judy Hopps and Nick
2. Meet rapunzel/Flynn and Tiana/Naveen
3. Early Parade
4. Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration show.

What would be the best plan of attack to accomplish this?

Also, my daughter will be 4 and a half at the time of the party, was thinking about doing one of the dessert parties, but I don’t know if she will make it that late....goal was to forgo the party and if she is still going strong just grab a spot and watch them, and then leave..

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

The wife and I will be attending the second party on 11/9. I just sprung for the Tony's event. I'm so glad there are several savory options, and that it runs until 12:30.

Our main objectives are the parade, fireworks, getting a few treats, meeting a random (low wait) character or two, and soaking up the ambiance!

Thanks
I purchased our MVMCP tickets a couple weeks ago and received the hard tickets in the mail less than a week later. As someone already mentioned, if you have magic bands you can have them linked to those. We actually are staying onsite and have magic bands coming. The tickets are already linked to our MDE and I think I linked them with the confirmation code that was emailed to me after purchasing the tickets. I just like to have the hard tickets for souvenir purposes but if they are linked you really shouldn't need them.

I'm starting to plan what characters we for sure want to meet during the parties and I just have a few wait time questions.
-Is Moana at 60+ minute wait all night long?
-What about the princesses and the princes? Would they be 20-30?
-If time would allow it, maybe Nick and Judy. Do they command a long wait too?

Moana's wait was much shorter later in the night for the Halloween party this year. We'll have to see if the same happens for the Christmas parties. We met her with only about a 20 minute wait right after the first parade.

Sadly, the princes and princesses, the ones we meet outside (Snow and Aurora with their princes) usually ran an hour. The ones inside can have shorter waits because they are not as visible. I'd prob line up for your fav prince/princess group around 6 so you don't waste party time.

I believe Nick and Judy had consistently long waits for last year's Christmas party. Around maybe half an hour to 40 minutes.

I'm going to my first Christmas party this year (next week!) and am feeling totally lost on strategy. I am a plan-out-my-full-itinerary person but just really have no clue with this, even after reading lots of this thread. Our priorities are all the entertainment (especially the parade & fireworks) and the treats, maybe a couple of rides that we missed earlier in the week. That being said, I really don't want to have to sit in one spot for hours to see what we want to see, because then I feel like we'd be missing out on a lot of the treats and other atmosphere. I have no idea where or when we should be trying to get spots for the parade or fireworks. I know my friend is interested in the stage show too. Can you help me out with strategy? I'd rather do the earlier parade, but can do the later one if necessary (just 2 adults going). I'm very open to any suggestions!

Fireworks: fenced in grass area in front of Casey's. This is a great spot that people don't seem to realize that you can watch the fireworks from. Lots of people in the grass stay seated during fireworks and it can be a great spot.

I always recommend watching the first parade from in front of the train station. For whatever reason this area doesn't fill up as early as other areas, though I'd still probably camp a spot at least half an hour in advance. Then, right as the last parade goes by you can duck in to meet Mickey and he usually won't have much of a wait at all.

I'm so excited to read your strategies for meeting characters! It will be our first time at Christmas (we did Halloween two years ago) and we want to at least see Moana, Sandy Claws and Scrooge McDuck. Our pary night is tuesday december 4th!

At Halloween we did Jack & Sally, 7 dwarfs, all the characters in Storybrook and we were finish at 7h45, ready to concentrate on entertainment and trick-or-treat!

From what I found online last year Moana started around 4PM, Sandy Claws at 6PM in liberty square? But when he was moved to the entrance anyone know how early?

How realistic would something like this be if the hours stay the same (I know it's too early and will change, but it's fun for me lol):

3:30 : In line to enter the park as early as possible
4:00 : Moana line, hopefully done before 5 PM
5:00 : Sandy Claws line, hopefully done before 7 PM
7:15-7:30 : Found a spot for Mickey celebration, A Frozen Holiday Wish, and the 8:30 parade
After the parade: Meet characters in Storybrooks (NOT the 7 dwarfs) + dance party + Treats
9:45 : Find a spot for fireworks
After: Meet Princess and Prince, Mary Poppins & Bert, treats... maybe catch the parade a second time or visit the tomorrowland show/Cosmic ray cafe...
Probably end the night with a photo with Mickey at Town square.

So excited!

Your strat will be easier to plan once we have the first few parties and know when Moana and Sandy Claws will start, since they do seem to vary year to year.

Honestly, if Moana is inside the tiki room again this year I don't think you need to meet her first. We went over right after the first parade and were able to meet her in 20 minutes. She just isn't visible inside the tiki room and Disney doesn't even put character names on the park maps, just a little Mickey head to designate a character. People just don't realize she is in there.

So I'd prob do Sandy first, hopefully they'll have him start meeting at 4:30 like they did for MNSSHP.

Last year's Christmas party we were able to quickly meet Mary and Bert right before we got our parade spots, their line wasn't long at that point.

I like the rest of your plan, but just food for thought. We went to Storybook Circus at 11 and were able to meet the 7 dwarves in 15 minutes (they are another set of hidden characters like Moana now that they meet inside the tent), Goofy in 3 minutes and then walked up to Ariel and Eric, Belle and Gaston only had about 6 groups in line at 11:30.

Looking for some advice from the experts. We are attending the party on 12/6/18 and are hoping to accomplish the following:

1. Meet Judy Hopps and Nick
2. Meet rapunzel/Flynn and Tiana/Naveen
3. Early Parade
4. Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration show.

What would be the best plan of attack to accomplish this?

Also, my daughter will be 4 and a half at the time of the party, was thinking about doing one of the dessert parties, but I don’t know if she will make it that late....goal was to forgo the party and if she is still going strong just grab a spot and watch them, and then leave..

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I would probably skip the dessert parties.

I'd line up for Rapunzel/Flynn and Tiana/Naveen around 6. That way you don't waste party time. Grab some snacks and get a spot for the parade an hour to 45 minutes in advance. If you want to watch on Main Street I'd go near the train station.

Judy and Nick had pretty decently long waits last year, you might have to just sadly wait a while for them. I'd go after you meet the princes/princesses. That way you have all your must do characters done pretty early on in the party and you can relax a bit.

Thanks
I bought them last week & was able to have them sent as e-tickets. I did buy them from overseas but it should be an option for everyone. They’re also linked to MDE automatically :)

Moana's wait was much shorter later in the night for the Halloween party this year. We'll have to see if the same happens for the Christmas parties. We met her with only about a 20 minute wait right after the first parade.

Sadly, the princes and princesses, the ones we meet outside (Snow and Aurora with their princes) usually ran an hour. The ones inside can have shorter waits because they are not as visible. I'd prob line up for your fav prince/princess group around 6 so you don't waste party time.

I believe Nick and Judy had consistently long waits for last year's Christmas party. Around maybe half an hour to 40 minutes.

Fireworks: fenced in grass area in front of Casey's. This is a great spot that people don't seem to realize that you can watch the fireworks from. Lots of people in the grass stay seated during fireworks and it can be a great spot.

I always recommend watching the first parade from in front of the train station. For whatever reason this area doesn't fill up as early as other areas, though I'd still probably camp a spot at least half an hour in advance. Then, right as the last parade goes by you can duck in to meet Mickey and he usually won't have much of a wait at all.

Your strat will be easier to plan once we have the first few parties and know when Moana and Sandy Claws will start, since they do seem to vary year to year.

Honestly, if Moana is inside the tiki room again this year I don't think you need to meet her first. We went over right after the first parade and were able to meet her in 20 minutes. She just isn't visible inside the tiki room and Disney doesn't even put character names on the park maps, just a little Mickey head to designate a character. People just don't realize she is in there.
It kills me how secretive they are about character locations during the party. I went to maybe the third MNSSHP last year and tried to confirm with a cast member that I was in the right location to wait for Moana and they wouldn’t give a straight answer. If it weren’t for these boards I wouldn’t have found her until the 2 hr line formed and that’s only because she was meeting outside. If she were inside like she is now casual party goers will have no clue!

How early should we arrive at the grassy area in front of Casey's to get a spot for the fireworks? I think we will watch the first parade from Frontierland area.
Thanks!

How early should we arrive at the grassy area in front of Casey's to get a spot for the fireworks? I think we will watch the first parade from Frontierland area.
Thanks!

45 minutes to be absolutely safe, but half an hour would probably be ok too. You could do a mobile order at Casey's for some corn dog nuggets (love those) or grab another snack or drink and make it a nice little sit down break.

Is anyone else surprised that the first party has not sold out yet? Looks like other years it has been sold out in October already. I have two theories:

1)The ticket demand is not as high this year (unlikely)

OR

2) Disney has put a higher attendance cap on MVMCP this year, as with the Hallowe'en party, and there are going to be massive crowds.

My bet is on the latter. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter