"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a shot of last night's parade from our Tony's viewing area.

20181110_095120.jpg
This had me sold..I just booked my party now :)

Does anyone think it will be weird to attend the Tony's Merriest Party as a solo traveller? It's buffet so will it be difficult for me to get my food and keep a seat? I don't mind being by myself that doesn't bother me. I just want that million dollar view of the parade :) I will be dipping in and out of the party a few times.

I'm glad you all love the new event at Tony's but I would love to see a review of the dessert party also with pictures of the goodies. Anyone?:santa:

Agreed! I'd love to see a comparison - we've got both booked currently, but would love to know what's on offer at the dessert party. I'm afraid the littles won't make it till 11:30 (when the 11:00 parade gets down main street), or at least we won't want them to try...:rotfl2:

Does anyone think it will be weird to attend the Tony's Merriest Party as a solo traveller? It's buffet so will it be difficult for me to get my food and keep a seat? I don't mind being by myself that doesn't bother me. I just want that million dollar view of the parade :) I will be dipping in and out of the party a few times.

Not weird at all. I do WDW solo a lot, and never feel out of place.

I think the Tony's setting would be one of the least awkward of the dining-type situations you will encounter as a solo traveler. I don't see a problem with it and I'm an introvert. Just have a drink, relax and socialize with the neighbors.

For anybody who has been to Tony's Merriest, do you see any problems in attempting to do the Holiday Wishes Terrace Party AND Tony's Merriest?

Aside from eating and paying way too much, it seems like the combination would fit our group needs: rest, great viewing, no waiting, savory options, sweet options, dinner before bed.

Our plan would be to check in at Tony's in the afternoon, check-in at the Wishes party around 9pm, leave the Terrace around 10:20pm after the fireworks, MAYBE hit a character meet in-between, head to the flagpole around 10:55, head into Tony's after the parade to eat until 12:30am.

I have both booked a fireworks dessert party and Tony's. Like most people have mentioned I am debating dropping the Firework Viewing.

Has anyone done both? Also, how early should I stake out a spot for the fireworks if I don't go to the dessert party?

Yeah and my sister and I would like to experience it without sitting and waiting for a parade or fireworks show since we aren't really into them.

I went Thurs and found spots for the 1st parade in front of city hall and in the hub on the left both 5 to 10 before. I had gone down to meet Mickey with a short wait and saw it wasn't packed so I waited.

I have both booked a fireworks dessert party and Tony's. Like most people have mentioned I am debating dropping the Firework Viewing.

Has anyone done both? Also, how early should I stake out a spot for the fireworks if I don't go to the dessert party?
I was by the flag pole and it was pretty open for fireworks viewing, I wouldn't worry too much about getting a spot for that unless you need to be closer to the Hub

Josh had that beautiful parade spot, and he only went outside at 1050. The party starts at 930, but if I believe, the parade viewing area doesn't open until 1030. You'd have plenty of time to eat and relax before then. I say go for it! I don't know what party you're attending, but I would totally hold your spot for you if you had to duck back inside for some food. Food rocks!

Josh had that beautiful parade spot, and he only went outside at 1050. The party starts at 930, but if I believe, the parade viewing area doesn't open until 1030. You'd have plenty of time to eat and relax before then. I say go for it! I don't know what party you're attending, but I would totally hold your spot for you if you had to duck back inside for some food. Food rocks!
I'm going on 11/27 :)

OP posted link, this thread, yesterday to Josh’s Tony’s review of food, drinks, reserved spot which included photos and detailed description & thoughts.

The Tony's event is not the Dessert Party. Please a review of the Dessert Party with fireworks viewing. Thanks.

How early did you arrive to the reserved viewing spot? And were the people in a curb spot standing up or sitting down? Thanks.
We were one of the first ones there, so we got spots dead center in front of the tree. We came directly after the fireworks ended. There is no curb spot directly in front of the tree, but it did look like most people on curb spots were sitting.

We were one of the first ones there, so we got spots dead center in front of the tree. We came directly after the fireworks ended. There is no curb spot directly in front of the tree, but it did look like most people on curb spots were sitting.
How long did you spend eating inside Tony's? Do you feel like you'd still get a spot if you popped back inside after the fireworks?

By first ones there I'm assuming you went in as soon as they opened it up right? How soon did the front spots looking straight down fill up? Wondering how feasible it is for me to expect the same spot by showing up as soon as. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter