"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
How early do you think we have to get to a parade spot in Frontierland for the 8:30 parade (Sun Dec 9th party if that matters)? We don't need prime viewing, but do want to be able to see well enough. Are we going to be out of luck if we wait until after 8? We're riding BTM before the parade, so coming from that direction.

How long did you spend eating inside Tony's? Do you feel like you'd still get a spot if you popped back inside after the fireworks?
You would almost certainly get a front row spot, but it may not be directly in front of the tree, it may be off to the side a bit. Still a fantastic spot, though.

We didn't actually go inside of Tony's until after the parade. We planned on going in right at 9:30 to eat a bit before the fireworks. But we couldn't pass up a 25 minute wait for Jack and Sally. We still had plenty of time to eat and drink after the parade ended.

By first ones there I'm assuming you went in as soon as they opened it up right? How soon did the front spots looking straight down fill up? Wondering how feasible it is for me to expect the same spot by showing up as soon as. Thanks again.

We got there around 10:20. At that point the area was still full of people from the fireworks. It took a few minutes for them to make everybody leave and rope off the area. I would say the absolutely best spots were full by 10:45 or so. But you could still get second row facing the castle or front row along the side pretty much any time.

BTW, this was the Tony at our party

Screenshot_20181110-162809_Video-Player.jpg

Last edited:
We got there around 10:20. At that point the area was still full of people from the fireworks. It took a few minutes for them to make everybody leave and rope off the area. I would say the absolutely best spots were full by 10:45 or so. But you could still get second row facing the castle or front row along the side pretty much any time.

BTW, this was the Tony at our party

Screenshot_20181110-162809_Video-Player.jpg

I love the fact that Tony shows up and interacts with guests. One last question I promise but when you are in that second row are you standing behind people who are also standing? You've been a huge help!

Wow. The party at Tony's seems to be an instant hit. That's great, and so good to hear people are finding that it is time and money well spent.

I'll be heading to the party in December and was wondering what the crowd/wait for Mary Poppins & Bert's M&G is? Are they indoors or just outside of Phiharmagic?

I love the fact that Tony shows up and interacts with guests. One last question I promise but when you are in that second row are you standing behind people who are also standing? You've been a huge help!

It depends on the people in front. There is no curb to sit on in the very middle, so it can be difficult to sit. We did have to stand for this reason. I can't sit Indian style or similar. The lady on my left sat for the whole parade. So it's just luck of the draw

Can you also watch the fireworks from that location before the parade?

You can, but at that point the section is not yet reserved. So anybody can watch from there.

Wristbands
For Guests already in the park, wristbands will be available at Tortuga Tavern, Fantasy Faire and near the exit of Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor.

Attractions
Main Street, U.S.A. • Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom • Town Square Theater
Adventureland • Jingle Cruise • Pirates of the Caribbean • Swiss Family Treehouse • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Frontierland • Big Thunder Mountain • Country Bear Jamboree • Splash Mountain
Liberty Square • Haunted Mansion
Fantasyland • The Barnstormer • Dumbo the Flying Elephant • “it’s a small world” • Mad Tea Party • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh • Peter Pan’s Flight • Prince Charming Regal Carrousel • Princess Fairytale Hall • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train • Under the Sea~Journey of the Little Mermaid
Tomorrowland • Astro Orbiter • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin • Space Mountain • Tomorrowland Speedway • Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
We will already be in the park. Where do we get maps, etc. for the party if we get wristbands at Tortuga Tavern?

It depends on the people in front. There is no curb to sit on in the very middle, so it can be difficult to sit. We did have to stand for this reason. I can't sit Indian style or similar. The lady on my left sat for the whole parade. So it's just luck of the draw

You can, but at that point the section is not yet reserved. So anybody can watch from there.

Ok I'll show up when it opens (10:30pm) and will try to get a front spot. It doesn't seem difficult but hoping I wont have to race anyone lol.

That Tony’s view is amazing. Has anyone tried getting that spot during the first parade? How early would you need to stake it out? We’d do Tony’s but our crew (5 year old and 2 year old) won’t last until 11/11:30 for the second parade. Maybe in a few years...

There was tons of seating, so I dont see any issues keeping a table. This was the most laid back addon party we have ever done. I would do it solo in a heartbeat.

The woman standing next to us at the parade last night did both. I didn't press for details, but she said it worked out perfectly for her.

As I said above, the woman next to us at the parade did both and loved it. However, unless you really LOVE desserts you would probably be okay just doing Tony's. You can get an amazing fireworks spot right before they start. We got a spot almost dead center of the hub 10 minutes before the fireworks started. It was an even better spot than the plaza garden view and we had plenty of room. Here is a picture of my view. This is just a cell phone pic, no super zoom lens or anything.

20181110_135247.jpg
Wow that is an amazing photo with just a cell!! Did you have it on a certain setting ? Just wondering so I can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter