"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is a decent area for the 2nd parade that isnt curbside main street? I just want a good view of the parade. Just my GF and I, no kids.
I was at the party last night and ended up watching both parades. For the first parade, I was able to get a near last minute spot a few rows back not far from the Tomorrowland side of Main Street. It was okay, but I decided to stake out a better spot for the second parade. So after the fireworks, I headed to Frontierland. At 10:20, I grabbed a front row seat on the wooden block seating area in front of Frontier Trading Post. It ended up being a fantastic place to wait, because The Reindeer Wranglers and Country Bears came out at 10:30 and performed and entertained the crowd until the parade began. The singers were wonderful and the Country Bears were hilarious with some great character interaction. It was the highlight of the Party for me. And Parade viewing was perfect. It wasn’t super crowded and there was still some availability right behind the rope lines during the Parade. It also allowed for a super easy exit, as I was able to follow a small group down Frontierland, through Liberty Square, past Crystal Palace, and through the Emporium via Casey’s. It kept us ahead of the Parade and the hordes of people on Main Street and got me on a bus leaving for FQ at 11:35.

It was my first MVMCP and I feel satisfied with my experience. I’m not into characters and was one of the lucky people at the nearly empty DAH on Monday, so I’d already had my fill of rides. Instead, I spent the Party focusing on the entertainment. I visited all the cookie spots, watched the Castle show from a super crowded Main Street, shopped, enjoyed some peppermint ice cream at a Plaza table during the Castle lighting, watched the first Parade, then ducked into Tomorrowland for the People Mover. And I was surprised and delighted to see that Space was down and the lights were on! Awesome for me (one more thing unexpectedly checked off my Disney bucket list), but not so awesome for the people I saw stuck on the ride. Hopefully they were evacuated quickly and were able to enjoy the rest of the Party. For me, it was fireworks and then Frontierland/Parade.

Overall, I enjoyed the event. However, the cost is easier to justify for a solo traveler. I can’t imagine paying for a family to attend. Not with the crowds and the high amount of tickets sold.

Last edited:
Yes, same here :) I asked for extra and got a HUGE handful of enjoy life packets lol
They also had squeeze packs of apple sauce available in Pinchocino and the Enjoy Life cookie packs in Auntie Gravity. They were being stingy in handing out there. Only one at a time. But there was no line and went through twice in a row to get two. Got given a funny look. But whatever. They gave the woman in front of me enough regular cookies for a small army. Apparently the snow ones are GF and DF too but didn’t try them.

I also attended the party on 11/27, it was my first time. It was a very cold night but thankfully in a last minute split decision I packed my winter jacket and boy was I thankful.

Overall I agree with what others have said, it wasn't a sold out night but it was super busy. Just like a park day but at night. It was difficult to move around the park in certain areas.

I knew going in that the parade was my priority so I watched it twice, once in Frontierland (which was a zoo) @ 8:30 but I managed to walk up behind a group with small kids and had a pretty decent view and I knew I wanted to be on Main Street for the second parade so I staked out my spot about an hour before. The parade was the highlight of the night.

I managed to walk up close to Casey's Corner just before 10 for a pretty decent view of Holiday Wishes.

The only character I wanted to meet was Moana but I was very disappointed. I got in line at about 7 and waited 45 minutes for a 30 second meet and greet. I was the last person before they cut off the line for her break.

I got some cookies which were delicious but found the lines to be very long so didn't get more.

All in all I enjoyed the party but would not pay the price to go again in the future but that's because I was spoiled on 11/26 at DAH MK.

I also attended the party on 11/27, it was my first time. It was a very cold night but thankfully in a last minute split decision I packed my winter jacket and boy was I thankful.

Overall I agree with what others have said, it wasn't a sold out night but it was super busy. Just like a park day but at night. It was difficult to move around the park in certain areas.

I knew going in that the parade was my priority so I watched it twice, once in Frontierland (which was a zoo) @ 8:30 but I managed to walk up behind a group with small kids and had a pretty decent view and I knew I wanted to be on Main Street for the second parade so I staked out my spot about an hour before. The parade was the highlight of the night.

I managed to walk up close to Casey's Corner just before 10 for a pretty decent view of Holiday Wishes.

The only character I wanted to meet was Moana but I was very disappointed. I got in line at about 7 and waited 45 minutes for a 30 second meet and greet. I was the last person before they cut off the line for her break.

I got some cookies which were delicious but found the lines to be very long so didn't get more.

All in all I enjoyed the party but would not pay the price to go again in the future but that's because I was spoiled on 11/26 at DAH MK.

Glad you enjoyed the party. But was that spot you got for the second parade on the curb or further back?

Hi! We’re on our way to the airport now from CT for a quick trip to just go to MVMCP tomorrow. My son said he wants to me Scrooge and nick and Judy. I’m trying to figure out the best plan to do that and avoid waiting in line for a long time. Should we line up for Scrooge before the party begins and try to do Judy and Nick later? Thanks for any advice!

Hi! We’re on our way to the airport now from CT for a quick trip to just go to MVMCP tomorrow. My son said he wants to me Scrooge and nick and Judy. I’m trying to figure out the best plan to do that and avoid waiting in line for a long time. Should we line up for Scrooge before the party begins and try to do Judy and Nick later? Thanks for any advice!
How fun!!! I’d recommend lining up for the ducks around 6, so that you’re among the first to meet them. Then make a beeline for Nick and Judy right after the fireworks. The line should be 20-30 minutes at that time.

Back today from our Thanksgiving trip. We attended on Sunday night after Thanksgiving on a sold out night. I am so happy we experienced it. The parade was the best parade and experience ever. However I was provided free tickets due to a reservation snafu by Disney. Crowd was terrible. I would not pay to do it again. A loved the experience but would not pay to do it again kind of thing. Only rode a couple of mid tier rides and met no characters. Granted we left after the fireworks because we had EMM at Toy Story the next day.

Just having breakfast at Kona and heading over to MK :yay: super excited for the party tonight. I’m doing Tony’s too - I’ll come back and let everyone know how it goes tonight. It seems a little less chilly than the past couple days.... I’ll keep my fingers crossed
I was wondering if you could tell me about the experience at Tony’s . What you do there and if you think it was worth it? I have been reading some things about it but would love a first hand report. Thank you

We went to the party Thursday the 29th and enjoyed it. We also did Tony’s. Tony’s was worth the price for us. It was great to have a place to sit and get a snack. The parade viewing was excellent.

what time did you have to go outside for the parade?
how packed was the roped off area?
was Tony's sold out the night you attended?

I have read plenty of reviews about the food & drinks, we care more about the viewing spot, just want to have a view without having to camp out for over an hour. not necessarily first row either

I am going tonight and will try to find out
@dachsie
We are in line for J&S right now. Arrived at 3:45 and the line for J&S is already about 20 deep.......its nice to be in the a.c. and sitting up against the wall is helpful for my back.....I'm going to need dh to help me up, though lol!

We did the Thursday 11-27 party with a 4 year old and 2 year old in tow. That makes it very hard to get max value as they can’t make it until midnight, but we had a marvelous time anyway. With young kids the dance parties and parade were the biggest hits, and free cookies of course. We took home nearly a half dozen of those apple sauce pouches :)

We jumped on a few rides, but we had pretty much done all required rides on previous days, so this was about the party not the rides. It was fun to see the unique characters but we never got in line for any, just looked from a far.

I would do it again when the kids are a little older so we get max value on the cost.

It was not a sold out night and the crowds seemed resonable to me.

If I wanted short waits for rides I would do an EMM instead. Do the party if you want the unique party activities and sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter