"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the parade so good you watch it twice?

We hardly have any rides in our plan (Jingle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Small World before 6 with FP), Peoplemover sometime during the party.

We only plan to see one character (Minnie, well, with Daisy).

Then we have the party stuff (minus some of the singing groups).

My friend put everything in touring plans and it's full. It seems like there's not enough time.

But I love the parades at Disney and likely won't make it back to the party for a long time. What do you think?
If you are short on time i would skip seeing the parade twice. The one thing I wished we had spent more time on is the tomorrow land stage shows. The acapella group was fine but the other show had great singing and especially great dancing! The treat lines moved very quickly and ride waits were pretty short for us when we rode during the first parade. Space had a wait of 10 min!

If you are short on time i would skip seeing the parade twice. The one thing I wished we had spent more time on is the tomorrow land stage shows. The acapella group was fine but the other show had great singing and especially great dancing! The treat lines moved very quickly and ride waits were pretty short for us when we rode during the first parade. Space had a wait of 10 min!

Thanks for this information! We don't really want to ride any more rides. I'd like to see Peter Pan but it's not important.

I was wondering if you felt the need to stay for all of the Tomorrowland Stage show with Stitch, Mike, etc. I was thinking maybe after a few minutes you get the gist and you're good. That would free up some time to see the parade twice.

Later in the evening there is a good bit of space between things but around 7:30 it's tight.

There was a small portion of the garden roped off. If you try to enter from the Main Street side it's roped off. I entered from the Crystal palace side and was on back fence in center.

I was on Main Street for parade just behind one group of folks. I got there about 10:40.

So a cast member said the party was not a sell out but was close. Then she said she thought 23000 was the sellout number but who know about the accuracy of that.

The other thing I wanted to report was about magic shots. Had a difficult time finding someone who could do the cookie shot. And the snow globe shot they told me was only during the day. I got sent all over the place for these. The Main Street CMs tried the cookie shots but I haven't seen the show up yet

What part of MS were you at for the parade? And did you get a clear view? Thanks.

Attended the 11/27/18 party with family in tow. Also attended 11/28/17, so have a comparison point.

This year, the party didn’t feel nearly as crowded to me. That being said: it was colder (and I bet that dissuaded some locals or others from buying last minute tickets) and we didn’t make the parade or character meets a focus.

Rides were all nearly walk on - but we skipped SDMT and PP. We did nearly everything else in a counter clockwise sweep across the park after an early dinner at The Plaza. Grabbed snacks throughout (snowman pretzel was my fave) but skipped character meets (lines were too long for us).

The only “crowded” ride for us was BTMRR right at the end of the first parade, but it was still a quick moving walk.

Watched fireworks from sidewalk in front of Crystal Palace (surprisingly great view) and then went back to Adventureland for more rides while others emptied out. Worked perfectly for us! Left around 1030 with minimal wait for a bus.

It was awesome and rehabbed my opinion of the party after last year (painfully crowded). I think we may have just been lucky this time!

We went to the party last night and had the Tonys package. We were there mainly for fireworks, treats, and parade. We have always done Halloween but were curious about Christmas, so this year we attended the party. SM was 10-minute at 6:53 before the party started, other ride times were 5 minutes for Ariel, 30 for Peter Pan, 13 for HM, 10 for Pirates. Mine Train was down until about 9:30 but we were headed to Tonys and didn't want to trek back there. Walked into Tonys a little after 9:30 and there was a line for the hot food, and all tables were taken but one. Was not packed by any means. We had eaten earlier so I just grabbed the Yule log which was not bad! So at 9:47 we decided to go watch the fireworks. Our priority was the parade and that is why we bought the Tonys package so we decided to watch from the viewing area. No one was checking wristbands so we let ourselves under the ropes and sat down. There were about 4-5 people sitting directly in front of the tree on the curb with Tony's wristbands. There were other people in the area, but they left after the fireworks. I thought the fireworks were ok, nothing as exciting as Halloween! Not many projections on the castle, so we were ok with sitting back. Quite frankly we were concerned we would not get great spots for the parade, so that's why we watched it from reserved viewing. Boy was I wrong! The section was practically empty! I could have walked up 5 minutes before the parade and been the second row behind the rope. They rope off the area around the tree in kind of a square shape-DH and I were to the left of the tree (When looking at the castle) in front of the rope. There was two nice gals next to us, a single gentleman, and then two women. Behind the single man was a couple. Thats it! I had a front row, straight down the center of Main Street and could have done a cartwheel with the amount of space that was available. I have no idea where the rest of the people were? Neither did the rest of the people in our section?? Some watched from Tonys I imagine....maybe they did not know the area was for them? No one was directing anyone that I could tell to the tree space. I only knew it from being here:). Occasionally they would ask to see wristbands but that's it. There were many sitting on the curb part facing Tonys, but not the Castle. I can't figure out why as there was tons of room for a Castle view! It was windy so the snow was blown behind the building, so that was disappointing. After the parade, we went back to Tonys for food. We ate some of the cheese and meat, and DH had the meatballs which he enjoyed. Party was fun and the parade was great but not sure we would attend again. We feel like Halloween is a better value and more exciting.

There were a few reports previously that the Casey’s garden was not accessible. On at least 2 different nights. Not sure if it was a fluke, sounds like no problems last night which is a good sign!
There is a caveat. You have to go to the Crystal Palace side to enter. The other side is roped off

We went to the party last night and had the Tonys package. We were there mainly for fireworks, treats, and parade. We have always done Halloween but were curious about Christmas, so this year we attended the party. SM was 10-minute at 6:53 before the party started, other ride times were 5 minutes for Ariel, 30 for Peter Pan, 13 for HM, 10 for Pirates. Mine Train was down until about 9:30 but we were headed to Tonys and didn't want to trek back there. Walked into Tonys a little after 9:30 and there was a line for the hot food, and all tables were taken but one. Was not packed by any means. We had eaten earlier so I just grabbed the Yule log which was not bad! So at 9:47 we decided to go watch the fireworks. Our priority was the parade and that is why we bought the Tonys package so we decided to watch from the viewing area. No one was checking wristbands so we let ourselves under the ropes and sat down. There were about 4-5 people sitting directly in front of the tree on the curb with Tony's wristbands. There were other people in the area, but they left after the fireworks. I thought the fireworks were ok, nothing as exciting as Halloween! Not many projections on the castle, so we were ok with sitting back. Quite frankly we were concerned we would not get great spots for the parade, so that's why we watched it from reserved viewing. Boy was I wrong! The section was practically empty! I could have walked up 5 minutes before the parade and been the second row behind the rope. They rope off the area around the tree in kind of a square shape-DH and I were to the left of the tree (When looking at the castle) in front of the rope. There was two nice gals next to us, a single gentleman, and then two women. Behind the single man was a couple. Thats it! I had a front row, straight down the center of Main Street and could have done a cartwheel with the amount of space that was available. I have no idea where the rest of the people were? Neither did the rest of the people in our section?? Some watched from Tonys I imagine....maybe they did not know the area was for them? No one was directing anyone that I could tell to the tree space. I only knew it from being here:). Occasionally they would ask to see wristbands but that's it. There were many sitting on the curb part facing Tonys, but not the Castle. I can't figure out why as there was tons of room for a Castle view! It was windy so the snow was blown behind the building, so that was disappointing. After the parade, we went back to Tonys for food. We ate some of the cheese and meat, and DH had the meatballs which he enjoyed. Party was fun and the parade was great but not sure we would attend again. We feel like Halloween is a better value and more exciting.

Interesting review. Kinda miffed finding out that Tony party people camp out in THE good spot before fireworks though. How early would you guess for the dead centre spot front row? Wouldn't want to dish out money for it and end up being too late. Decisions decisions lol.

I'm not sure what time they roped off the area but I believe it was right after the second parade came through. People were still sitting in there even though they didn't have party bands and then left after the fireworks. Same thing as all the people who were camping out on the curb for fireworks and staying for the parade. People were out there right at 9:30 (it was roped off) who were there for fireworks and parade viewing. IMO its not a great place for Fireworks viewing bc they don't turn off the lights on the Emporium or Confectionary/Tonys area so you really aren't in the true dark. Also, you cant see the fireworks that go on the sides of the park because the building blocks them. I went out at 9:50 and had a dead center spot...

We did last nights party. Arrived at MK gates at 3:30 and they started letting people in at about 3:45. By the time we got through the crowded lines and got our party bracelets, got through town square and into the bypass it was about 4.

We stayed right through until the chimes rang at midnight and were lucky enough to get on a bus back to POP right away. I think we were in our room by 12:35.

It was a fun evening. We were able to do everything that we wanted to. Enjoyed the treats, had a great spot for the parade and ok spot for wishes and castle lighting.

I am very glad that we went but I think it’s a once and done thing for me. ✅

:santa: Holiday Backdrops at Disney Springs! :santa:
PhotoPass Studio is where guests can stop by to have festive photos taken of the entire family. There is a wide assortment of holiday virtual backdrops so guests don’t need to spend the time trying to find the perfect location and the best part of all, scheduling an appointment is not necessary.

upload_2018-12-3_20-27-22.png

Additionally, there are PhotoPass cast members roaming around Disney Springs who are happy to capture your photos. Be sure to ask if they can use some of the seasonal Magic Shots too. If you visit Santa Claus in his Chalet along the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail, you’ll find a PhotoPass photographer there as well.

upload_2018-12-3_20-27-45.png

If you have an active Memory Maker or Memory Maker One Day entitlement, you can download and share these photos as soon as you link them to your Disney account.

Link: Magic Shots - Current Listings Post #11

Last edited:
Interesting review. Kinda miffed finding out that Tony party people camp out in THE good spot before fireworks though. How early would you guess for the dead centre spot front row? Wouldn't want to dish out money for it and end up being too late. Decisions decisions lol.
Ugh. I agree, this stinks. I wasn’t planning on needing to hold that spot for nearly 2 hours! LOL

We only sat down that early bc we were expecting it to fill up quickly after the fireworks. I could have walked up at the start of the parade and been the second person behind the rope. Not sure if it was an off night or what but was surprised at how much space was left!

Background: I'll be attending my first party this Friday (12/7). Will be in town for business, so this is the only ticket I bought. I ended up making FP reservations from 4:00pm-6:00pm. I also have a magic band from 3-4 years ago.

Question: Do I need to do something to "link" my magic band with the party ticket I just bought? Will I be able to use the magic band to enter the park, and to use my FP's?

Thanks.

We only sat down that early bc we were expecting it to fill up quickly after the fireworks. I could have walked up at the start of the parade and been the second person behind the rope. Not sure if it was an off night or what but was surprised at how much space was left!

Second person in the front of the tree? Do people on front row stand in the reserved area in front of the tree? If not second row would be fine for me. One other person I asked said they stand which is a shame.

Wow, I must have completely missed them (and I thought I read every post :confused3) Thank you!

I guess I will be able to report back on how the spot works next week.

FWIW, from what I have seen over time the Casey’s garden can occasionally be used in whole or in part for a special viewing area, VIPs, filming, special events, etc. It’s rare and not all that common, but every once in awhile I’ll see a report of it being used for something (eg, similar to the above report where a portion was roped off).

One of the givens of WDW I guess, nothing is ever quite the same one night to the next. :-)

Going tonight!!!!! Can not wait! Weather looks foggy and rainy/humid this morning but should be a decent day - cloudy all day with high in the low 70s. Only a stray shower hopefully. Not too hot and not too cold :) Our only mission is a picture with Donald and Scrooge!! Rest of the evening is really for people watching and enjoying the parade (and of course some cookies).

FWIW, from what I have seen over time the Casey’s garden can occasionally be used in whole or in part for a special viewing area, VIPs, filming, special events, etc. It’s rare and not all that common, but every once in awhile I’ll see a report of it being used for something (eg, similar to the above report where a portion was roped off).

One of the givens of WDW I guess, nothing is ever quite the same one night to the next. :-)

Thanks! That's very reassuring :)

Background: I'll be attending my first party this Friday (12/7). Will be in town for business, so this is the only ticket I bought. I ended up making FP reservations from 4:00pm-6:00pm. I also have a magic band from 3-4 years ago.

Question: Do I need to do something to "link" my magic band with the party ticket I just bought? Will I be able to use the magic band to enter the park, and to use my FP's?

Thanks.

I did the same thing for the Halloween party when in town for business. I packed the magic band, but forgot it when I went to the park, but had the email confirmation on my phone. I showed that to the cast member at the gate and was given a hard ticket card which had my fast passes linked to it. As long as the party ticket shows up on My Disney Experience and the magic band is listed as active, you should be able to use the magic band.

Second person in the front of the tree? Do people on front row stand in the reserved area in front of the tree? If not second row would be fine for me. One other person I asked said they stand which is a shame.
I was behind the rope on the ground slightly left of the tree but bc main street is so wide I had a clear center view of the castle...there were people sitting on the curb in front of the tree. I stood to watch the parade, there was no one standing behind me that it would have blocked. The two gals next to me sat with their kids, the three adults next to them stood as there was only one couple behind them and they could see through the spaces. No ones view was blocked bc there were hardly any people there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter