"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me if I am reading correctly..the area in front of the large tree facing the castle is reserved for guests of Tonys only? When did this start if so? I do not remember this being the case in past years. This is our 5th year in a row attending MVMCP. thanks! If this is not available where are other good locations for photos?

After the fireworks, for the 2nd parade, that area is roped off for guests of the Tony's party. You can stake it out for the 1st parade still!!

Can someone tell me if I am reading correctly..the area in front of the large tree facing the castle is reserved for guests of Tonys only? When did this start if so? I do not remember this being the case in past years. This is our 5th year in a row attending MVMCP. thanks! If this is not available where are other good locations for photos?

It started this year and is reserved during the 2nd parade... for now.

Our trip is short, so our party day on 12/13 is also our only MK day. We are pretty much planning to be there before opening and close down the party! Hopefully, we can get all the rides done during the day and focus only on party stuff in the evening. I was wondering if anyone has experienced the daytime crowds on a party day? Touring Plans has MK listed at a 2 that day, but I was wondering how accurate I can plan on that being....

Our trip is short, so our party day on 12/13 is also our only MK day. We are pretty much planning to be there before opening and close down the party! Hopefully, we can get all the rides done during the day and focus only on party stuff in the evening. I was wondering if anyone has experienced the daytime crowds on a party day? Touring Plans has MK listed at a 2 that day, but I was wondering how accurate I can plan on that being....

Touring Plans has not been very accurate for my trip this week (11/30-12/9) in my opinion. We went to MK on 12/2 before the party and it was relatively crowded for a party day. I think TP had it as a 2. Yesterday they predicted MK to be a 5 and it was actually a 7 (it was chaotic). On our AK day they predicted it to be a 1 and it was actually a 6.

Touring Plans has not been very accurate for my trip this week (11/30-12/9) in my opinion. We went to MK on 12/2 before the party and it was relatively crowded for a party day. I think TP had it as a 2. Yesterday they predicted MK to be a 5 and it was actually a 7 (it was chaotic). On our AK day they predicted it to be a 1 and it was actually a 6.

7 in MK on a wednesday? Yikes.

That is my main MK am! IDK if it will be a "2," but I think it has a chance of being one of the better MK days during the whole week. Wednesday is a non-party day with PM EMH so it will be insane. Friday has morning EMH so it will also see some more people even though its a party night.

Question. Do any of the other dessert parties gaurantee you or help you get better parade view? My parents will not make it till the later parade time for Tony’s. Trying to think of solution. They love going. They’re just getting older and standing is rough but they’re adamant about no wheelchairs or scooters.

Question. Do any of the other dessert parties gaurantee you or help you get better parade view? My parents will not make it till the later parade time for Tony’s. Trying to think of solution. They love going. They’re just getting older and standing is rough but they’re adamant about no wheelchairs or scooters.
No dessert party includes parade viewing. Only fireworks.

Thanks for the quick reply. Try to figure out something.
I completely understand. I booked the dessert party years back for my mom because the standing/waiting was rough on her knees and back. She was adamant about not wanting a scooter, but I finally wore her down enough to try one for the minimum rental time from an outside company and she absolutely LOVED it! She even had me call and extend the rental for the whole trip.

Exactly! Any tips on how to wear them down? Haha. My mom has MS and really struggles getting through the park. Walking isn’t difficult for her, but standing is very very painful. Dad just had both hips done this year. But, they get so mad when I suggest scooters. Often they just sit on a bench in the parks. It makes me so sad. Breaks my heart. We’ve come to Disney my whole life. DVC members since 93. AP holders. They can’t wait for rides anymore. My mom lives for the MVMCP parade so maybe I’ll stake her out a spot while they do other things or rent a scooter under my name. Honestly, I think I have less trouble when I bring my 2 & 5 year old nephews. Haha. Thanks for the suggestion! ❤️

Party days are typically less crowded than non-party days. People don't typically want to burn a park ticket for a day with shortened hours. Thursday and Friday 11-29/11-30 (which were party days) were VERY pleasant at MK.

Exactly! Any tips on how to wear them down? Haha. My mom has MS and really struggles getting through the park. Walking isn’t difficult for her, but standing is very very painful. Dad just had both hips done this year. But, they get so mad when I suggest scooters. Often they just sit on a bench in the parks. It makes me so sad. Breaks my heart. We’ve come to Disney my whole life. DVC members since 93. AP holders. They can’t wait for rides anymore. My mom lives for the MVMCP parade so maybe I’ll stake her out a spot while they do other things or rent a scooter under my name. Honestly, I think I have less trouble when I bring my 2 & 5 year old nephews. Haha. Thanks for the suggestion! ❤️
My mom was always concerned with operating it, potential trip obstacles (parking, rain, transportation, etc) or what people would think of her on a scooter. I studied the "disABILITIES!" forum and found a lot of great research. I reviewed it all with her and told her I even had a company in mind. We spend time at the Epcot resorts and I even told her she could ride her scooter on the walking path to DHS and Epcot from YC/BC or BWI. This really intrigued her, but she still didn't bite. After a rough MVMCP with lots of waiting for characters, she caved and asked me if she could try one! We made a deal that I would book if for the minimum rental period of two nights on our next trip and she could play around with it arrival day and if it didn't work she could leave it in the room until we had to return it.

Springtime came and she tested it around Crescent Lake and was hooked! It has really enhanced her park experience! She used to take Aleve, use Biofreeze, and even ice in the room during break. None of that was needed! She even asked me to extend the rental for that whole week.

Now booking her scooter rental is just a common pre-arrival task and she looks forward to picking it up from Bell Services!

The "disABILITIES!" forum has so much great information and helpful guests with a lot of insight if you need some more research or advice!

7 in MK on a wednesday? Yikes.

It was awful. I can’t imagine how MK can hold even more people on NYE. I was about ready to scream. Definitely changed my mind about doing NYE in the future. We were in the Plaza Garden dessert party area and 3 teenagers jumped both fences along the back rail and got to watch what everyone else paid $70+ for :headache:

Crowds haven’t been too bad today. Nothing like last night. Enjoying the cool weather and just walking around MK today has been nice

1 week until I leave!! And 10 days until my MVMCP/Tony’s!!

I figured my Tony’s party would sell out by the time it rolled around. It’s so late into the party season, and I was sure word of mouth would talk it up. I’m just planning on moseying on over to the reserved area after the fireworks, and picking any spot. As long as I can see, I’m good!

1 week until I leave!! And 10 days until my MVMCP/Tony’s!!

I figured my Tony’s party would sell out by the time it rolled around. It’s so late into the party season, and I was sure word of mouth would talk it up. I’m just planning on moseying on over to the reserved area after the fireworks, and picking any spot. As long as I can see, I’m good!

We are going the same night. I’m happy I decided to book the party especially now that it looks like it will be chilly. While I’d love that head on view, not having to wait is more important so our plan is to head out around 11:10 based on the crowds. We will have our toddler with us so a lot will depends on how he is doing. Hubby is very excited for the food, I’m very excited for the Prosecco. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter