Official 2018 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend - Cancelled

IMG_0623.JPG
Somebody on facebook supposedly found this on the html coding. No dates or anything, but looks like a definite change from light side to resistance. Who knows if its going to be a go though.. take it for what its worth

Last edited:
View attachment 254038
Somebody on facebook supposedly found this on the html coding. No dates or anything, but looks like a definite change from light side to resistance. Who knows if its going to be a go though.. take it for what its worth

Anyone who has already registered for the 2018 challenge reported seeing "Resistance Challenge" in their active.com profiles months ago.

Anyone who has already registered for the 2018 challenge reported seeing "Resistance Challenge" in their active.com profiles months ago.

But not with the character themes for each race as it may give you a clue what the medal will be and what charcter stops there will (if they don't get rid of them in order to get runners off the course faster) The Resistance theme is nothing new, but the characters for each race is... if the html coding is legit

Last edited:
But not with the character themes for each race as it may give you a clue what the medal will be and what charcter stops there will (if they don't get rid of them in order to get runners off the course faster) The Resistance theme is nothing new, but the characters for each race is... if the html coding is legit
It's legit. I'm looking at the code now & it definitly says Poe & BB-8, after seeing that facebook post earlier.

I'm also seeing all that info from the Facebook page. I skimmed through the whole page, and that's the only new stuff I'm seeing.

Here's something interesting, though ...
HTML:
<!--Registration for the 2018 <i>Star Wars</i>&#8482; Half Marathon – Resistance Run will open on March 14, 2017! <a href="/email-signup/" target="_blank">Sign up for an email reminder today!</a> -->

They knew about the resistance theme way back when. So the theme change can't be the reason for the delay.
Nothing in there on a new registration date.

Is the coding new though or has it been sitting there for awhile and someone just found it?
Not sure how new, It does seem like some on the Facebook groups check a lot thoUgh. I know I looked a few weeks and don't remember seeing it but could have missed it.

I had a dream over the weekend that they finally announced registration information. Alas...

I'm starting to think about just doing something for the WDW marathon, or Dopey though a charity or something, as I live on the east coast anyway. That or abandon rD entirely for the first quarter and just do Ironman New Zealand in March. Trying to exercise patience. :( Whoever speculated that we might not hear anything until the Disneyland half might be correct afterall!

I apologise if my speculation is right! I will say however that NZ is lovely in March. In fact NZ is lovely full stop (what a wonderful back up plan you have!!!).

View attachment 254038

This is the ray of hope we're all clinging to! I better start looking at hotel rooms!

I really love that all of us are so desperate for information that people have resorted to looking at Facebook code!! Come on Disney! I used DVC points for a room that weekend that I will have to bank in September, so that will be my out date. Last year this is when I booked the cheaper airfare cannot even look right now. I know Disney never releases any info till they are "ready" but this is getting a little silly.

Code like this showed up on runDisney.com before they announced the first Dark Side weekend, so I'm crossing my fingers for all of you that this is some *real* info - finally!

This is the ray of hope we're all clinging to! I better start looking at hotel rooms!

That's my drama! Most of the hotels I'm looking at only have free cancellation through 1 Sep. So if they're waiting until after the Disneyland half marathon weekend, that's not going to work so well. So frustrating!

I apologise if my speculation is right! I will say however that NZ is lovely in March. In fact NZ is lovely full stop (what a wonderful back up plan you have!!!).

Nothing to apologize for, it will be what it will be. And thanks. :) IMNZ is a huge bucket list item for me. I had planned to either do it in 2018 or 2019 so this would only slightly force my hand, but still! I'm doing another full IM 30 days from now in Canada so we'll see how I'm feeling after that one before I go committing to another international race...

That's my drama! Most of the hotels I'm looking at only have free cancellation through 1 Sep. So if they're waiting until after the Disneyland half marathon weekend, that's not going to work so well. So frustrating!
I say book a hotel that has free cancellation up to 48 hours before you arrival. I always book as soon as I can. We do Hojo's and if their price goes down I can call and they'll adjust it for me too which is nice.

So ... in my Travel Agent Portal - this is what I see on offer for Paradise Pier:

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 4.12.39 PM.png

The good thing about Disneyland is you're only on the hook for a deposit of the first night plus taxes. The rest is due upon check-in. And you have up until 5 (five) days before the reservation to cancel and get your deposit back.

They've removed all the female characters. Charming.

Perhaps we're getting clues of medals? Poe & BB, Chewie and R2D2, and Finn. I'm sad that Leia and Rey are not featured, but I really like that we're getting more of Poe.

So ... in my Travel Agent Portal - this is what I see on offer for Paradise Pier:

View attachment 254246

The good thing about Disneyland is you're only on the hook for a deposit of the first night plus taxes. The rest is due upon check-in. And you have up until 5 (five) days before the reservation to cancel and get your deposit back.

That rate is the same as what I can get off the website.

Perhaps we're getting clues of medals? Poe & BB, Chewie and R2D2, and Finn. I'm sad that Leia and Rey are not featured, but I really like that we're getting more of Poe.
It doesn't make sense. R2D2 is barely even in the movie. This makes me less bummed about skipping it. We were gonna bring my best friends daughter. This would be a terrible message to send her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter