• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys just wanted to let you know with the new version of the DIS it is very easy to copy and past the link to the social media posts you are getting the photos from instead of saving or copying the images and then posting them. The links will directly upload the entire post including source and images instead of having to type that all out.

I hate watching shows ahead so I’m wondering if anyone could offer insight. We were worried about the fireworks being too scary for two young ones. By scary I mean featuring lots of villain projections. I was imagining it being like the scary part of Fantasmic! And 15 minutes of that will make my kids very uneasy.
Feel free to private message me if that’s too spoiler of a question.

Just got back from the party. A few thoughts.
- Spent about an hour focused on popcorn buckets and was able to secure the Mickey popcorn bucket plus all three HM pieces. I love all of them. Very well made. The HM pieces each light up.
- Terribly disappointed in the new fireworks. The projections are OK - I’m just not that into them in general. Fireworks were good - decently substantive. But the music - oh, the music. They killed my favorite thing in all of Disney World. The music to Happy Hallowishes is sing-along, toe-tapping, laugh-out-loud, joyful music. The new show is...not. Seeing the Halloween fireworks is no longer a priority for me and my DH. We’re both saddened by it.
- We did the plaza dessert party tonight. Won’t be doing that again. Check-in was a mess, as someone else mentioned. We got there about 9:10 and waited in line 20 minutes to check in. Desserts were fine - a nice way to try bite-size versions of the special treats.
- Before even making it into MNSSHP, we stopped at GR and upgraded to the party pass. Since we already had tickets to tonight and to a party in October, it was only $253 total to upgrade both of us. When we’re back in October, we’ll be able to go to four parties during our weeklong stay.
And we will. Because, despite the fireworks letdown, MNSSHP is still my favorite Disney party. Love the decorations, love the trick-or-treating, love the merchandise.
And we’ll need to come back to more parties to actually ride things. Tonight we rode the Peoplemover - and that was it. The rest of our time was spent on shopping, eating, etc.

All in all, a fun night. Happy, happy Halloween!

I hate watching shows ahead so I’m wondering if anyone could offer insight. We were worried about the fireworks being too scary for two young ones. By scary I mean featuring lots of villain projections. I was imagining it being like the scary part of Fantasmic! And 15 minutes of that will make my kids very uneasy.

Not scary at all! In fact, my husband remarked that was one of the things he feels like the show lost. Less focus on villains and more focus on the adventures of Mickey and pals. There are some ghosts, skeletons, etc , but it’s all very cartoony.

Not scary at all! In fact, my husband remarked that was one of the things he feels like the show lost. Less focus on villains and more focus on the adventures of Mickey and pals. There are some ghosts, skeletons, etc , but it’s all very cartoony.

Ok thank you so much!!

Just got back from the party. A few thoughts.
- was able to secure the Mickey popcorn bucket
- We did the plaza dessert party tonight. Won’t be doing that again. Check-in was a mess, as someone else mentioned. We got there about 9:10 and waited in line 20 minutes to check in. Desserts were fine - a nice way to try bite-size versions of the special treats.

Where did up buy the Mickey Balloon popcorn bucket?

Sorry to hear this was such a mess. I wish they would have kept the check in time at 4:30 it made it so much easier.

Thanks for posting your review!

All of the fireworks are between the castle and Splash Mtn. I watched next to the water across from Pecos Bill. Wandered over 5 minutes before fireworks started. Nobody in front of me, nobody behind me. I could see that there were projections on the castle but couldn’t tell what they were. However I bring weak glasses on vacation to avoid eyestrain. It was perfect for me. No way I would cram into the Hub and stand a long time to hold a spot.

Finally back in the room. I think we managed to have a successful party, though there were some hiccups that kept us from hitting everything we wanted. We loved being able to get in at 2. They gave us our map and wristbands right away and told us to grab bags after 3:30. We were able to do our 3 FP rides, IASW, TTA and COP, plus eat at crystal palace by 6 pm. We went through the bypass right before our last FP, then walked back through the park to the speedway (daughters request). From there, we went to storybook treats to grab some LE pins and then the Halloween balloon popcorn bucket. Did the TOT line at the circus train station, and then rode Dumbo. There was a TOT stop inside the big top at Dumbo. We went over to the mermaid ride (for some A/C), and we’re surprised with another TOT stop at the end of that ride, too. We rode HM, chatted with Lady Renata, then made our way to the plaza dessert party. We arrived at 9, thinking we would miss the rush of people checking in, and found a huge line. As others have mentioned, they didn’t have the seating well thought out, and to be honest, I’m thinking they didn’t have enough seating for everyone who purchased the party to be there at once. We were seated at a table after the first wave left, and I thought the dessert table looked a little worse for wear by the time we got there. They ran out of the green sparkling apple cider, and had to scramble to find regular sparkling cider. They also ran out of clean cups for the other beverages. I will say, though, the people working there obviously felt really bad. Carlos was pretty much begging me to tell him what he could do to make things better, and eventually he brought me a couple bottles of Diet Coke (which will come in handy over then next few days).

Because we didn’t get into our table until almost 9:30, we didn’t get a chance to go though the monsters TOT line. But we found a good fireworks spot at 10, along the back fence but to the far right of the garden. We really liked the fireworks show, and the projections were really well done. I liked the little story, and also liked the twist on some classic songs.

We braved the crush of the hub after the fireworks and made it to Frontierland for the second parade by 10:50 or so. We were front row, pretty close to the bypass near splash mountain. The late step off meant we couldn’t do both BTMRR and Pirates, so we opted for Pirates. They still had the live actors out, 2 in the queue and 3 in the ride. They were having a grand time chatting with us!

We saw the last Hocus Pocus show start as we made our way out. We stopped for the headless horseman shot, then had a miserable wait for the monorail. I know they can only have 4 trains running at a time on the resort loop (they won’t let a train leave the station until the next stop is empty), but it seemed like we were waiting for. Dry long time between trains. We made it on the 3rd one that came after we got to the ramp to the station.

Overall, I think the party was great, and I suspect the things that hindered us were symptoms of this being party #1. Hopefully, they’ll get worked out soon!

I’d say about 5 minutes overall might be considered scary, but not as bad as fantastic.

Meet Elvis Stitch
Additional Info:
40 minutes for stitch. All of the character spots so far are giving candy when you leave. Clarifying: Moana and stitch lines gave candy at exit
What time did you get in line? Also what time did he start meeting 6:30pm?
I think he started at 630, that’s what time guide said. We arrived at 640. He spent a lot of time with children and was pretty funny.

So if you got in line at 6:40, and it took 40 minutes, you were done at 7:22.
6:40-7:22

Last year when we met him, he signed autographs and photopass was available.
Thanks again for posting!

Source: resortv1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter