• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
They start meeting at 430 during MNSSHP and the line begins forming around 3 (by those who are AP, DVC or also have a day pass). If you have only a party ticket head there immediately. Your wait may be a bit longer than at MVMCP, but you’ll be done long before the official start of the party. Have fun!!
I had a day ticket along with a party ticket and both days I got in line at 2pm. Around 3 the line starts to form but at 4 the line was backed up. They start meeting at 430.

I was that poster last night but today got an email from UT saying they canceled my order (see post above). :(

I had assumed like you that they had an inventory on their end that they hadn’t sold yet (similar to when Disney raises ticket prices and UT still has some at the old price until the run out of inventory) but apparently not. They said Disney won’t let them sell anymore because Disney had “already oversold the party by a lot”. Not sure what that means but it doesn’t give me much hope that maybe they will open up any more tickets (was hoping maybe they would sell some the day of).

Or do the sellers like UT get an inventory amount ahead of time that they can sell and Disney considers those dates as "sold"? So maybe it could be like the poster last night who couldn't get tickets though Disney, but UT had them available? It would be interesting to know how that works.

This is my first MNSSHP so I’d love feedback on our plan. We are attending a Tuesday night party so I’m hoping it’s not too crowded. We are 4 adult women who aren’t worried about meeting any characters. I’d love to know if our plan is reasonable.

Arrive at BC resort around 2. Drop off luggage with bell hop of room not available.
Uber to Poly for a quick bite to eat at Captain Hooks.
Line up at the gate around 3:45.
FP for jungle cruise
FP for BTMR
Splash mountain if line isn’t long
Small world
Little mermaid
7pm
Pirates
HM
Photo ops
Space mountain
Monsters laugh
Tea cups
Seven dwarfs mine train if line want too long
Photo ops along the way (I have no idea where they all are. Should I plan those out more?)
Fireworks 10:15 I don’t know when we should get in place for these
Make our way to Frontierland for a parade spot.
Midnight Hocus Pocus show

Thoughts? We might do TOT if we have dead time between those last events.
I think it’s doable especially if you aren’t interested in entertainment and characters. Something to also look at is trying to do one side of the park then the other. The ride lines aren’t that long except a couple. Another tip is you can get a 3rd fp if you get one from say 3:10-4:10 or 3:25-4:25. You have plenty of time to make it. We always have 3 FPS. This trip we got in and went through the bypass (had 3:25-4:25 FPS for Buzz Lightyear) then across the park (4:25-5:25 Jungle Cruise) after JC jumped on Pirates, fp BTMRR 5:25-6:00, then on to HM. Then we went over to the other side. While we didn’t do Pooh, PP or some other rides, we could have. We also watched fireworks, parade etc

Are any ToT spots better than others in terms of theming or candy handed out? I know I read the Go Go Squeeze is over by Carousel of Progress--is that the only spot that is different? I am trying to get our planned finalized and we want to get some candy but may just wait until the end of the night and whatever stop we are closest to if they really aren't different. I remember reading about Jungle Cruise a few times but I wasn't sure if it was better or just convenient!

I was that poster last night but today got an email from UT saying they canceled my order (see post above). :(

I had assumed like you that they had an inventory on their end that they hadn’t sold yet (similar to when Disney raises ticket prices and UT still has some at the old price until the run out of inventory) but apparently not. They said Disney won’t let them sell anymore because Disney had “already oversold the party by a lot”. Not sure what that means but it doesn’t give me much hope that maybe they will open up any more tickets (was hoping maybe they would sell some the day of).
Oh no! I missed your previous post! I'm so sorry. Is there another day you could do it?

We have a large group going in two weeks and while dh and I have our tickets, not everyone in our party does so I'm going to get them on it today.

Is it possible to switch your dates once you have bought tickets? Assuming the new date is not sold out and would pay the difference in price? My DH bought Sunday the 27th and I was really wanting Tuesday the 29th. If not we will manage but I wanted to avoid a weekend.

I’ve been trying to get caught up on this thread, but I’m still about 15 pages behind. Can anyone tell me what Halloween snacks are available as a snack credit? Is there a post or a link that has a list? Also can anyone confirm whether the Constance wedding cake can be used a snack credit? I’ve read conflicting reports. Thanks!

Are they still selling the Party Pass? I felt like it contributed to the higher number of guests this year. The low park crowds made me believe it wasn’t a FD/Hurricane thing.

Any ideas on what it is?

* I probably should have wrote locals and/or the Party Pass on that previous post.

I can't see how the party pass hasn't affected crowds on a large scale. The value is incredible for the people who purchase it.

Look at DAH: you get 3 park hours on one designated day for around $130 per person.

For the party pass you get 35 parties total, if someone was crazy enough to do them all, for around $300 per person. That breaks down to:

35 parties x 5 hours of designated party time, 7pm - 12am = 175 hours
35 parties x 8 hours for early 4pm entry = 280 hours
35 parties x 9 hours for early AP 3 pm entry = 315 hours
35 parties x 10 hours for early DVC 2 pm entry = 350 hours

That's crazy! I'm sure no one will do all the parties, but even if someone did 10 parties it brings the cost per person down to $30 per party. 10 parties is roughly going once a week for the whole party season. And if someone was crazy enough to do all the parties, it brings the cost down to $8.60 approx. per party.

I'm estimating the costs and didn't add tax on anything. These are just rough numbers.

Are any ToT spots better than others in terms of theming or candy handed out? I know I read the Go Go Squeeze is over by Carousel of Progress--is that the only spot that is different? I am trying to get our planned finalized and we want to get some candy but may just wait until the end of the night and whatever stop we are closest to if they really aren't different. I remember reading about Jungle Cruise a few times but I wasn't sure if it was better or just convenient!

We had tons of success with the JC ToT spot. They were giving out handfuls and hardly any line at the start of the party. We went past Pecos Bills a few minutes later and were shocked at the line and just went on. Splash’s line was very short but they only got a piece or two each time. Country Bears was very disappointing bc the outside line was super short, but the inside line snaked around and we got 2 pieces of candy each. We almost missed the headless horseman bc I couldn’t judge the line from outside the building and once we were inside we were stuck! Pinocchio’s line was super short at the end of the night around 11:30. Gogo’s at COP was short and my kids love those so we did that 2-3 times in a row. Some rides were giving more candy than others at the end but can’t remember which ones. But if I only had time for 1-2 lines, I would just do JC over and over again. We came away with 15lbs of candy at the end of the night. (We weighed it when we got home bc we were curious!) That was mostly 2 kids doing the ToTing.

My niece texted yesterday, " can my friend bring her maleficent staff to mnsshp?" I wouldn't dream of doing so but CAN she?

thx

My niece texted yesterday, " can my friend bring her maleficent staff to mnsshp?" I wouldn't dream of doing so but CAN she?

thx

If guests can bring the Bo Peep staff I don't see why not. However, Bo's staff can easily be taken a part which helps with rides, does Maleficent's?

Is it possible to switch your dates once you have bought tickets? Assuming the new date is not sold out and would pay the difference in price? My DH bought Sunday the 27th and I was really wanting Tuesday the 29th. If not we will manage but I wanted to avoid a weekend.

Yes, provided the new date has not sold out.

Just went on to buy tickets for Sunday and it's sold out! Is there anything else I can do or am I screwed. It wasn't sold out last night but this AM sold out!

Just went on to buy tickets for Sunday and it's sold out! Is there anything else I can do or am I screwed. It wasn't sold out last night but this AM sold out!

What site were you trying to buy the party tickets?
WDW & UCT posted Sunday, 9/29 party Sold Out on 9/25
Info has been posted on the main page of this thread.

What site were you trying to buy the party tickets?
WDW & UCT posted Sunday, 9/29 party Sold Out on 9/25
Info has been posted on the main page of this thread.
I saw that after I posted, sorry! My husband said he checked, but that must've been earlier in the week and not last night! Will have to weigh if we should do a full park day and the Halloween party on Thursday (10/3) or not. Our three year old is a night owl so maybe she can make it.

We had tons of success with the JC ToT spot. They were giving out handfuls and hardly any line at the start of the party. We went past Pecos Bills a few minutes later and were shocked at the line and just went on. Splash’s line was very short but they only got a piece or two each time. Country Bears was very disappointing bc the outside line was super short, but the inside line snaked around and we got 2 pieces of candy each. We almost missed the headless horseman bc I couldn’t judge the line from outside the building and once we were inside we were stuck! Pinocchio’s line was super short at the end of the night around 11:30. Gogo’s at COP was short and my kids love those so we did that 2-3 times in a row. Some rides were giving more candy than others at the end but can’t remember which ones. But if I only had time for 1-2 lines, I would just do JC over and over again. We came away with 15lbs of candy at the end of the night. (We weighed it when we got home bc we were curious!) That was mostly 2 kids doing the ToTing.
Thank you so much for the advice!! Did you happen to try and ride Pirates, Splash, or BTMRR before securing your parade spot? What time did the headless horseman come through near CBJ? I was going to let the kids ToT at CBJ while we held the parade spot so your story is super helpful!! If all goes according to plan we will be in Adventureland around 7:30 so I am trying to decide what all we can squeeze in before getting a parade spot somewhere near CBJ.

I can't see how the party pass hasn't affected crowds on a large scale. The value is incredible for the people who purchase it.

Look at DAH: you get 3 park hours on one designated day for around $130 per person.

For the party pass you get 35 parties total, if someone was crazy enough to do them all, for around $300 per person. That breaks down to:

35 parties x 5 hours of designated party time, 7pm - 12am = 175 hours
35 parties x 8 hours for early 4pm entry = 280 hours
35 parties x 9 hours for early AP 3 pm entry = 315 hours
35 parties x 10 hours for early DVC 2 pm entry = 350 hours

That's crazy! I'm sure no one will do all the parties, but even if someone did 10 parties it brings the cost per person down to $30 per party. 10 parties is roughly going once a week for the whole party season. And if someone was crazy enough to do all the parties, it brings the cost down to $8.60 approx. per party.

I'm estimating the costs and didn't add tax on anything. These are just rough numbers.

Thank you. If we were local or attending multiple parties, as we have often done in the past, that would be a no-brainer.

Someone up thread believed that FD contributed to the sell-outs [“So the last few parties of September it should have been expected those would sell out because a LOT of people planned their vacations around that FD offer.”], but park crowds surrounding the 20th were low, which made me believe it was the locals/Party Passes.

However, according to Vinotinto, it’s not the Party Passes, because Party Passes are exempt from sellouts, so sellouts are entirely based on individual party tickets, which makes sense. And now UT is stating that Disney is “overselling” the parties, so no wonder it’s crowded.

I ended up calling Disney today, because I was interested in whether these Passes were sold-out. The Passes are not sold-out (yet) and if anyone wants to get into tonight’s or Sunday’s sold-out party, this is your ticket. I believe the only other way is military ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter