"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can find information about the 2:00 entry for DVC members for last year. Has anything been announced for 2019?

Direct from the DVC site

When attending this event, Members and their guests can enter Magic Kingdom park as early as 2:00 PM!

Simply present your valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and your event ticket at the main entrance touch points to take advantage of this benefit. Valid for the Member and up to 7 guests with tickets to this event—a total of 8 people.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...s/ticket-tour/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween/

This. The first night will sell out for sure, but if your priority is rides, those won’t be affected much. However, expect walkways to be crowded and general congestion on Main Street, especially around parade times and for the new fireworks show. Plan to grab a spot for them early if you want to see the show.
Just noticed I said rude instead of rides... oops

We are dropping my daughter off for DCP 9/3, I think we're going to go to the party the night before. We are going to get AP's but not activate until then. Would you wait to buy party tix at the gate w/discount or preorder? It's only $5 discount per ticket.

Are you planning to attend the party with your daughter too? What a great send off! It will help her build excitement as she begins the adventure of a lifetime - and before she starts the reality of the life of a CM. That will give her some nice memories for her to hold onto if she starts missing you during her DCP.

If you are sure you will be going I would go ahead and buy tickets ahead of time. That would allow you to book FP ahead of the party for that afternoon since you won’t have your APs activated yet.

also i didn't read the entire thread here but does candy melt even though it's evening being so hot in august for our date?

also i didn't read the entire thread here but does candy melt even though it's evening being so hot in august for our date?

I went to the first party last year (mid-August). The candy did not melt during the party. But it was softer than how it is when you buy it at the grocery store. Sometimes that is an advantage - I think Snickers bars and Snickers Crisper bars, for example, are better when they are a little bit soft.

I was concerned that the candy would melt if I put it in my checked bag to fly home, so I put it in my carry on bag. Some people have reported that the candy in their checked bag arrived home without melting.

Last edited:
OMG thank you!! you are correct and here i was messing up my itinerary thinking the wrong date! yay!!! so if i go second party night, august 20th that will be good?
The first party sold out last year. The second party did not. So you probably have a better chance of having less crowds at the second party.

We always go to the earliest parties and trick or treat early in the evening. Our candy has never melted.

DS5 had a bad experience last year to the start of the party. I think our mistake was going the day after a very late flight. I’m trying to convince DH to go try again this year. DS5 seemed to think Jack was going to get him and then when the ‘official start’ happened with the fog he had a total breakdown and we had to leave. Anyone else have a kid have a bad experience but were able to get them to go back? I’m thinking about just starting to talk about the party now and see how he reacts at home.

Jack of Jack & Sally? Sometime after the first party last year, Jack and Sally were moved inside. I don't know if they will be inside or outside this year.

I didn't even notice any fog or an "official start." I was definitely in the park already. If that is a potential trigger, could you plan to be inside a building when that happens? I think a party ticket allows you to get in several hours before the official start time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter