"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the report! It’s good to know you didn’t find it overly crowded at the first party.

We stayed at Pop last year as well. We didn’t even head out to the bus stops until well after 1am so we had minimal waits.

We love Pop, but have had the same issue multiple times from multiple parks at the end of the night when staying there. We tend to try and stay at one of the smaller resorts now when we can afford to!

There's no guarantees. I do recall last year someone posting that at their party it was closed off. I do not remember the specifics, maybe @Cluelyss does? I kinda think it was closed off for media night? Sorry buddy.
I know the night we went it was partially closed off - the side closest to Plaza was roped off but the side closer to Adventureland was open

We went to the Christmas party many years ago and have hoped to be there during Halloween season and are finally going this year on 9/2. Our plan is to do the rides, trick or treat if lines are short, find a decent spot for fireworks about 30 min before and watch the second parade from Frontierland. We are 3 adults so standing somewhere behind families is fine. There is only 1 character (7) meet and greet we want and that's the dwarfs. How early do we need to line up for them and where do they usually meet? Thank you!

Can you cancel a MNSSHP dessert party reservation and get a refund? Does it have the same 5 day cancellation policy as the regular dessert party?

It's possible, but not a great option as you have people on the sidewalk between the garden and and Main Street that block much of the view. We have watched the first parade from the garden just to get a quick parade fix, but typically then later watch the second parade "for real" somewhere else.

Here are some pics to help with a visual. As you can see, it's just OK but not really all that great. Can't really see many of the people/characters on the street well.

In your opinion, is there enough time to make your way to Frontierland from the garden party after the fireworks, to find a good spot for the second parade?

Thanks!

This event is new in 2019, so no reviews from last year. However, they debuted a similar event at MVMCP last year, which I can comment on!

Now, with Cruella going table to table, not sure how that will impact guests coming and going (if you’ll have an assigned M&G time or not?) but would expect this to operate very similar to the Tony’s Christmas party from 2018.

If the fireworks are a priority, I would probably plan to get a good spot for them, then dine at Tony’s between the fireworks and the start of the parade. The parade won’t hit the flagpole until 11:30-ish, so as long as you’re not picky about your parade spot, you’ll have about an hour to snack.

The first reviews are going to be a must read. You made a great point which may have been overlooked regarding Cruella. Just because it's her event are we to assume she'll be there from start to end, will she have assigned M&G, will she leave to attend the parade and if so, when and what time will she come back? :crazy2: so many unknowns! :faint:

Sorry if this has been asked before- We are going to the September 6 party. We plan on staking out a spot for the first parade somewhere along the Frontierland to the Liberty Square bridge stretch about 30 minutes before hand. Will this be enough time? It's always been more than enough for the afternoon parades. Then we will have 30 minutes between the end of the parade and the fireworks. I guess we should go immediately and try to find a spot? How well is the viewing from just outside of the Adventureland entrance before you head for that bridge, or outside of the Crystal Palace entrance? Do we dare hope to find a spot on Main Street only 30 minutes or less than the show begins?

This will be our first MNSSHP. We are family of 4 with older kids 20 and 16. So won't be waiting in line
for characters at all. Going for the rides and atmosphere maybe a little trick or treating! popcorn::
We will most likely not get to the party until 7:00 p.m.and we are planning on staying until midnight and catching the 2nd parade. We are going to the Aug 30 party so my guess is it will be super crowded being Labor Day weekend and Star Wars opening. Do you think we will be able to do a good amount of rides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter