• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old is your son? If like under 18 go for it. Unfortunately everything now ofends someone. That includes pirates, disney movies sceens, princesses, etc. Let the kido be a kid and have fun with it. Everything we own or ware comes from some other culture, people have to realize that, your shoes , jacket etc. People have to lighten up a bit and enjoy life for what it is. Its a halloween party and its a disney character. Dont overthink it!
The turban is regarded by many as religious and sacred. Kind of like other symbols like the cross or a hija.. It would offend some to see it worn as part of a costume. Doubt anyone would comment on a child wearing a turban, but it would offend. I am also canadian and we are very sensitive to these types of costumes... maybe not as much of an issue in the US.

If your offended by someone dressing up as an Arabian night from a disney movie, than i think disney itself might be a little much for you. I do get it. But its a Halloween thread and party, look at the origin of Halloween, that offends some. As does practically everything now. How about seeing stuff for what it is, playfully dress up by kids. Try not to see the worst in everything. Its not a healthy way to live.

If your offended by someone dressing up as an Arabian night from a disney movie, than i think disney itself might be a little much for you. I do get it. But its a Halloween thread and party, look at the origin of Halloween, that offends some. As does practically everything now. How about seeing stuff for what it is, playfully dress up by kids. Try not to see the worst in everything. Its not a healthy way to live.

I am not offended by the costume, just answering whether someone (not me personally) would be offended by a religious symbol worn as part of a costume. No need to be personal...

I am not offended by the costume, just answering whether someone (not me personally) would be offended by a religious symbol worn as part of a costume. No need to be personal...
Not being personal, just saying if it offends you then a lot of stuff can be just as offensive at disney. I did say i get it. They just re edited a few movies from disney, and other ones are being branded as racist. Its all about the point of veiw. If you start with it , then you will see it. Sometimes fun for kids ,is just that, fun. We adults make it out to be more then it is sometimes. I didnt mean to offend or get personal. Apologies to my canadian neighbors! I moved , because my previous town in the usa cancled Halloween because it was deamed religiously offensive to some. Just saying. Try explaining that one to a 6 yo. Good luck. No worries, and sorry if i offended.

I’d recommend Frontierland for the second parade. You won’t have time to do the first if you’re doing the dessert party, unless you watch from the very start of the route then hightail it to the terrace (cutting BEHIND the castle, not through the hub, or you’ll get trapped by the parade there) and will still likely end up arriving late. After the dessert party you’ll have plenty of time to grab a curbside spot in Frontierland, and possibly catch a ride in between. Then once the parade passes Frontierland you’ll have time to catch another ride or two in the area while those on Main Street are still waiting for the parade to pass by. Enjoy!
Thank you so much. I prefer to watch the parade from Frontierland so I now feel like we have a plan. Hoping I can get the little one worn out at the pool early to take a nap by noon. She never was a great napper but I already have been prepping her with this plan. Worst case scenario, I have a stroller rented already and she will pass out in there, just would suck for her to miss the parade but have to prioritize somehow. She might outlast me and DH!

Chocolate scented MBs! What??? I need it!

Yes!!! I believe it was this one. TheTimTracker talked about it in one of his Halloween Party vlogs!

4000209693611.1.png

Toy Story character questions..

I saw in the info post the Lotso meets in Tomorrow land. Where can I find him? I feel like remember seeing him at the Buzz meet but I can’t remember. I have a 4 1/2 yo obsessed with all things Toy Story right now so hoping to get at least one TS character in. We will be going at Buzz, Woody and Zurg at his request lol.

Also will any other TS like Buzz or Woody be found?

Toy Story character questions..

I saw in the info post the Lotso meets in Tomorrow land. Where can I find him? I feel like remember seeing him at the Buzz meet but I can’t remember. I have a 4 1/2 yo obsessed with all things Toy Story right now so hoping to get at least one TS character in. We will be going at Buzz, Woody and Zurg at his request lol.

Also will any other TS like Buzz or Woody be found?
Last year Lotso was just passed and then around the corner of the buzz ride. We got there at 7 and waited about an hour to meet him.

Hi, my Disney and DVC Sisters and Brothers!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Question: If DVC Members can get in at 2PM, does it allow us to dress into our Costumes? If someone could let me know, that would be great:goofy:

Hi, my Disney and DVC Sisters and Brothers!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Question: If DVC Members can get in at 2PM, does it allow us to dress into our Costumes? If someone could let me know, that would be great:goofy:
Yes!

Yes they will. Four days ago Disney released info for 3 - MVMCP wristbands! You read it right, there are THREE!

View attachment 421360

View attachment 421361
Yes!!! I believe it was this one. TheTimTracker talked about it in one of his Halloween Party vlogs!

4000209693611.1.png
I have the MVMCP magic band from last year and when you scan into the parks, it's Mickey's voice laughing, I think. Do we think the MNSSHP magic band will do something equally fun or is chocolate scented the real prize here?

I have the MVMCP magic band from last year and when you scan into the parks, it's Mickey's voice laughing, I think. Do we think the MNSSHP magic band will do something equally fun or is chocolate scented the real prize here?

Ha! I wish I knew more info period! Typically we see Christmas in July merchandise then Halloween merchandise but it appears Disney is releasing MVMCP stuff as well even though the parties don't start for several more months. I don't get it. Feels like we're being punished. Seriously.

I keep hearing about "really long" trick or treat lines. Can anyone tell me what this actually means in terms of wait time? Are we talking a lot of people, but it moves quick (5 mins) or like 20 minute waits at the stations at their peak?

I keep hearing about "really long" trick or treat lines. Can anyone tell me what this actually means in terms of wait time? Are we talking a lot of people, but it moves quick (5 mins) or like 20 minute waits at the stations at their peak?

A lot of people, but moves quick! 5 minutes sounds about right.

From what I noticed last year, the lines LOOKED long which may deter people from getting in them. But they seem to move faster than what you would think. Usually long lines in WDW mean "turn around and go somewhere else!", but the TOT lines continually move, not like ride lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter