"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bird told me Magic Kingdom will be fully decorated for Fall/Halloween by Wednesday, August 14th :poop:

Better yet 10 more days until the first MNSSHP are you ready? :hmghost:

I'm excited, but anxious! Usually, we've been to parties in mid-October, so lots of time to see how things are going and make our plan. This time we are going on August 20th - the 2nd party...and will be on vacation leading up to the 20th so won't have my usual time to read this thread and make a plan...going to go with the flow and plan on similar plans to previous years and hope that works!

We've hit the first party the past couple years. Usually it's closer to my birthday at the end of August.

I'm thinking of doing the Cruella party too. I just love her. She and The Queen of Hearts had the best interactions at the old Villain Party
See you at the first party and Cruell's hide-away.

A little bird told me Magic Kingdom will be fully decorated for Fall/Halloween by Wednesday, August 14th :poop:

Better yet 10 more days until the first MNSSHP are you ready? :hmghost:
Glad we will be there on the 11th to experience MK without decorations and also at the first party to see it decorated.

Thank you for the reply. Since I don’t have a park ticket for that day can I book two passes starting at 4 on or 3 fast passes starting at 3:30? I would hare for the app to think I was using one of my park days.
For our September trip we booked all our regular park ticket day FP's first. Then we booked our party ticket FP's last in hopes of avoiding any confusion in the MDE system. I don't know how unusual it is, but the system was showing us available FP times even for the morning on our party night ticket. What we selected was 3:20 - 4:20, 4:20 - 5:20 & 5:20 - 6:00. So far they are still showing in our plans on MDE and ,knock on wood, no email from Disney.

For our September trip we booked all our regular park ticket day FP's first. Then we booked our party ticket FP's last in hopes of avoiding any confusion in the MDE system. I don't know how unusual it is, but the system was showing us available FP times even for the morning on our party night ticket. What we selected was 3:20 - 4:20, 4:20 - 5:20 & 5:20 - 6:00. So far they are still showing in our plans on MDE and ,knock on wood, no email from Disney.

Just FYI, the bold is normal. The MDE system reads a MNSSHP ticket (or Disney After Hours ticket, or any similar seperate hard-ticket type event media) as simply a ticket, and a ticket = the ability to book FPs. It doesn’t distinguish that a MNSSHP ticket only allows access to the park at a certain time when it comes to what FPs it will let you book.

Sneak Peek of Brand New “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular” Fireworks Testing for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

by mickeyblog

https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/snea...mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/#respond

We’re just 10 days away from the start of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party here at Walt Disney World, and with a brand new fireworks show on the horizon, Disney completed a full test of the show in the early morning hours at the Magic Kingdom. We have some photos and video for you of the testing to get you into the Not-So-Spooky spirit!

We watched the show from the top of Disney’s Contemporary Resort early this morning, which always provides the best out-of-park view of Magic Kingdom fireworks. The show is about 12 long and features a combination of big fireworks, rooftop launches, castle launches, and castle stage fire columns. Before we jump into the photos and video, here’s the official description of the new show from Disney as well as concept art.

Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” serves as the host of this all-new nighttime extravaganza, with state-of-the-art projection effects, lasers, lighting and dazzling fireworks filling the sky above Magic Kingdom Park. Jack has come to tell a not-so-scary story about how anything can happen on Halloween night. Jack’s ghost dog, Zero, then flies off carrying everyone along on a trick-or-treating adventure, where four friends – Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy – find themselves drawn into a mysterious haunted house. Their journey takes them from one room of the house to another, encountering dancing skeletons, waltzing ghosts and a whole series of troublemaking Disney villains. “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular” promises to be the perfect Halloween treat!

not-so-spooky-spectacular-fireworks.jpg

Ok, let’s take a look at a couple of noteworthy photos as well as video of the testing of the new show. First, here’s the full show minus maybe the first 15 seconds as I set up the camera. Worth noting is that there were no perimeter fireworks during the testing this morning. That doesn’t necessarily mean that there won’t be any perimeter fireworks like HalloWishes had though.

disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-2-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-1-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-3-1-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-4-1-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-5-1-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-7-1-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-10-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-11-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-9-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-13-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-14-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-15-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-16-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-20-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-21-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-22-1068x712.jpg
disneys-not-so-spooky-fireworks-not-so-scary-testing-08062019-24-1068x712.jpg

Approx 12 mins - OK, check... that was similar to Hallowishes.

Lots of pyro even with the projections - check.

Need more info on the soundtrack and if there will be perimeter fireworks. Not surprised they wouldn’t test perimeter ones as that requires closing some streets and is probably a pain logistically. They usually have some of those traffic signs around that back road warning when roads will be closed for fireworks, wonder if we’ll see any up starting next week?

Call me giddy.

That’s what I had thought we would do as well! I feel like every time I call on the phone and talk to someone I get the wrong info!

That’s what I had thought we would do as well! I feel like every time I call on the phone and talk to someone I get the wrong info!

Probably stating the obvious, but I’d ask FP questions around the DIS before calling. CMs just aren’t trained and/or given the right info to address every nuanced FP circumstance or situation, and you’ll usually find much better/more reliable info here.

I’m attending the first party next week since we’ll be in town for the SW:GE AP preview. DH and I are dressing up as Jack and Sally, but with t-shirts and shorts because it’s August, and I have PTSD remembering the Halloween party I attended last September where I melted.

Now the question is if we should do the Cruella’s party or the Plaza Garden dessert party. It seems like a huge timesuck, but our priorities for the party are the parade, fireworks, magic shots and trick or treating. This Cruella thing is similar to that Tony’s event they had last year for MVMCP, right? I could justify the cost almost if it was going to take the place of our dinner, but it’s hard without knowing the menu or a decent strategy. Thoughts?

Booooo!!!!!!

Disney has closed the Memento Mori - Lenticular Photo op at Magic Kingdom. While the gift shop remains open, the souvenir photo is no longer being sold according to Cast Members.

The old photo op area is closed as the shop prepares for The Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary celebrations this Friday. Cast said that the space will be used for something new and spooky. They stated that the photo op would not return to Memento Mori in the future. Booooo!!!!!

This was a great option during inclement weather on MNSSHP plus there was never a wait to get them done! Boooo!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter