"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that they're so vague with the details of the dessert party. It's an awful lot of money to drop to figure out if I should book it or not.
I've never been to the first party of anything before so not sure what to expect.

I did a dessert party with a friend last year at her suggestion. I LOVED IT - and as a bonus, most of the specialty party dessert items were part of the offerings. And at more reasonable sizes, so I got to taste almost everything I had wanted to without additional $$. I had not seen the party fireworks and the viewing was perfect. I was able to video the whole thing to share with family when I got home.

How does everyone plan for this event? I’ve read over the 2018 itinerary page and tried to find trip reports. Our party is the 23 and I’m starting to get nervous....

How does everyone plan for this event? I’ve read over the 2018 itinerary page and tried to find trip reports. Our party is the 23 and I’m starting to get nervous....

YMMV, but we make a basic plan of attack - what are our must-do items, what would be nice to do, etc. I've learned it's an exercise in futility to try and meet EVERY character and ride all the rides and see all the shows. So we pick what's most important. The first time we went, our priorities were: Rides, meet Jack Sparrow, parade and fireworks. We were able to accomplish all of that and lots more. Last year, we skipped all of the character meets and just focused on enjoying the trick or treats, shows and rides. This year will probably be more like the first year - pick one or two must-have character meets, ride the rides we love, and catch Hocus Pocus and the parade/fireworks. Anything else we get to squeeze in is a bonus!

We’re going to the first party, out of necessity! We only have a 2 night stay, and when I realized it covered the first party made plans to go. We’re wearing costume t-shirts, both due to heat and luggage. I don’t mind going to an early one, but the first wouldn’t be my choice based on previous years reviews. But it is what it is, and I’m glad to be able to go. I did buy tickets already just in case it sells out ahead of time, I guess it sold out day of last year but with the SWGE previews that weekend I thought maybe more people might decide to go so I pulled the trigger :-)
It is our only option too. It's our first (and likely only) MNSSHP and we are just going in with open minds, low expectations, and hoping for a little magic along the way. I'm sure we'll have a blast! Enjoy!

This is probably contrary to many on this thread and is definitely not advice that will fit everyone, but we typically don’t really have a plan - mainly just wing it as we go along. I didn’t do any research prior to our first party several years ago and it worked out ok, so that has sort of been our approach ever since.

Granted - we aren’t interested in characters, so I have the luxury of not needing to think/plan for any long character lines. And we’ll probably do 2 parties over the course of party season, so that adds a different layer of thinking too.

So we’ll hit some treat lines, ride some rides, soak in the atmosphere. We’ll try to catch parade #1 if convenient but I’m not going out of my way to spend a lot of time holding a spot - will punt to parade #2 if needed. I do care about fireworks, so will make a point to be in the Hub for show time.

One of my true original party loves is just the overall park vibe and people watching. When I’ve tried to do ‘too much’, I find I don’t stop to pay attention to what got me hooked on MNSSHP in the first place, so I purposely try to slow down, relax, and make the most of whatever conditions (be it crowds, mood, etc) I’m confronted with at the time. If I end the night having not ‘done all that much’ in terms of all the different party things, I’m good with it.

Hi all, wanted to get your opinion. I will be in Disney with my spouse Sept 1-6th 2019 staying at Old Key West. We are debating on either doing the MNSSHP on 9/2/19 or doing the After Hours MK on 9/5/19. Our biggest want is RIDES!!! Obviously the MNSSHP is less expensive, but we wouldn't need any meet/greets and not big on parades... I love me some desserts though... Fireworks sounds great but the main purpose is for the rides and to do them numerous times. Which would be the best option?

Hi all, wanted to get your opinion. I will be in Disney with my spouse Sept 1-6th 2019 staying at Old Key West. We are debating on either doing the MNSSHP on 9/2/19 or doing the After Hours MK on 9/5/19. Our biggest want is RIDES!!! Obviously the MNSSHP is less expensive, but we wouldn't need any meet/greets and not big on parades... I love me some desserts though... Fireworks sounds great but the main purpose is for the rides and to do them numerous times. Which would be the best option?

You will 100% get on more rides with a DAH event over MNSSHP. The number of tickets sold to the DAH events is far less than those sold to the parties. The only thing I would suggest is looking at the list of rides that will be available during each event, I haven't looked at the DAH list lately but not all rides are open and it may be a dealbreaker if a favorite ride is closed during one but not the other.

We will be in Disney the same time and celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary! My opinion is that the MNSSHP is a very different experience from regular park time and a breath of fresh air from the normal MK experience. It's also cheaper than DAH . Those two things alone make a difference if some people's planning. But if your priority is rides, I can totally understand doing DAH because of lower attendance. I'm partial to the Halloween party and we get a lot of rides in, plus we lovethe unique experience! YMMV.

I would do both! But if riding is your primary goal DAH is your best bet. we have had good luck with rides having short lines during MNSSHP, but not as short as during DAH (even the Villains one. But during our regular one there were not lines for anything (except maybe SDMT, we didn't check that)). Plus during MNSSHP there is so much else going on that you will be forced to choose between all of that and the rides, and it is much more crowded even if the rides don't have long lines. Getting around during the parade and fireworks can be hard. However, keep in mind you get in at 4 for MNSSHP, and 7 for DAH, even though the lines won't be short between 4 and 7. lots to think about, so I circle back to do both haha!

We will be in Disney the same time and celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary! My opinion is that the MNSSHP is a very different experience from regular park time and a breath of fresh air from the normal MK experience. It's also cheaper than DAH . Those two things alone make a difference if some people's planning. But if your priority is rides, I can totally understand doing DAH because of lower attendance. I'm partial to the Halloween party and we get a lot of rides in, plus we lovethe unique experience! YMMV.

Happy 30th Anniversary! :cake: What are your plans for the big night and does it involve champagne?!

Happy 30th Anniversary! :cake: What are your plans for the big night and does it involve champagne?!
Thank you! Honestly, I wasn't planning on being anywhere near WDW for the opening of SWGE a few months ago, but our plans changed. You only get to celebrate 30 years once! So we decided to splurge and do WDW, even though August in Florida is HOT, lol! There better be champagne!! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if they start the Space Mountain party version right at 6? We have a 5:30-6:00 FP and will wait right till 6 to go in if that’s the case. Thanks!

Dunno if the rumours are true, but I heard a whisper that a Maleficent meet and greet is returning in September to October to promote the new Maleficent 2 movie. Could be wrong, but I have heard it.

I hope my wife doesn't hear about this rumor, she would be devastated if true. We're going this month and Maleficent is her favorite character.

TL

Booooo!!!!!!

View attachment 423495

Disney has closed the Memento Mori - Lenticular Photo op at Magic Kingdom. While the gift shop remains open, the souvenir photo is no longer being sold according to Cast Members.

View attachment 423496

The old photo op area is closed as the shop prepares for The Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary celebrations this Friday. Cast said that the space will be used for something new and spooky. They stated that the photo op would not return to Memento Mori in the future. Booooo!!!!!

This was a great option during inclement weather on MNSSHP plus there was never a wait to get them done! Boooo!!!!!!

Well, darn it. I wanted to get a photo of each of us done here. That's disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter