"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we all know it’s coming, but this is really going to change Hub dynamics pre fireworks. Party crowds already feel lumpy across the park anyway. Going to be a big lump in the Hub. :crowded::crowded::crowded:

I'm torn now, I have two kiddos that LOVE halloween and ANYTHING NBC but aren't huge fans of Fireworks, do I get the dessert party or not so they have a great view of the new show

I know we all know it’s coming, but this is really going to change Hub dynamics pre fireworks. Party crowds already feel lumpy across the park anyway. Going to be a big lump in the Hub. :crowded::crowded::crowded:

Many people will buy the dessert party within the party. Hub will be TIGHT. I predicted this and people said I was being negative. Ha!

Lumpy is the best descriptor of crowds at the party!

This all but guarantees (imho) the crowds will be HEA type crowds instead of the Halloween Wishes crowds I am use to. I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and invest in holding spots way earlier than I have in the past. Still refuse to do the Dessert party though (I did end up cancelling it last month like I figured I would lol).

The show looks great. I too was on the fence on whether to watch the preview, and I only watched the video to see if there's mention of perimeter fireworks. That's the only true spoiler I want to know for my wife since that was her favorite...and nothing :sad2:

I haven’t been to the party since they switched the official park closing time to 6pm. I am coming in at 4pm with my party ticket and got some pre party fp. My question is in practice what happens between 6-7pm? I’ll probably grab some dinner then but are rides running and do they check wristbands after 6 or starting at 7?

Lumpy is the best descriptor of crowds at the party!

This all but guarantees (imho) the crowds will be HEA type crowds instead of the Halloween Wishes crowds I am use to. I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and invest in holding spots way earlier than I have in the past. Still refuse to do the Dessert party though (I did end up cancelling it last month like I figured I would lol).

The show looks great. I too was on the fence on whether to watch the preview, and I only watched the video to see if there's mention of perimeter fireworks. That's the only true spoiler I want to know for my wife since that was her favorite...and nothing :sad2:
Yup, didn't appreciate the spoilers (actual photos) being posted.

Last edited:
I haven’t been to the party since they switched the official park closing time to 6pm. I am coming in at 4pm with my party ticket and got some pre party fp. My question is in practice what happens between 6-7pm? I’ll probably grab some dinner then but are rides running and do they check wristbands after 6 or starting at 7?

In my 2017 Itinerary Thread I posted what you can do between 4-7pm. They will check wristbands at 6pm.

Yes, they will be checking wristbands after 6, but know that 4-7 is historically a very crowded time with the overlap of party guests and day guests (who can get into lines until 5:59). Use your FPs from 4-6 and plan dinner from 6-7 if you aren’t planning to line up for any exclusive characters.

Yes, they are bookable. I'm only going to MNSSHP and have booked FP's on my party tickets. I booked three:
3:30-4:30
4:30-5:30
5:30-6pm

And I've been doing it for years. :thumbsup2

That answers one of my questions! :thumbsup2 I’m going on Nov 1 and am staying off property on the day of the party( I check into POR two days later). I have to wait for the 30 day mark to make MNSSHP day fast passes(4-6:30ish)correct?

I’ve never done a hard ticket event and the last time I was at the World they still used paper fast passes! o_O

Oh boy! Well, we made it through being right up front for the Sanderson Sisters last year..... literally squished like sardines.....I guess we can handle more squishy (lumpy?) crowds!

I'm torn now, I have two kiddos that LOVE halloween and ANYTHING NBC but aren't huge fans of Fireworks, do I get the dessert party or not so they have a great view of the new show

I’m sure there will be some other reports that come in before mine, but I’ll be doing the dessert party in a couple of weeks and will be sure to report back.

That answers one of my questions! :thumbsup2 I’m going on Nov 1 and am staying off property on the day of the party( I check into POR two days later). I have to wait for the 30 day mark to make MNSSHP day fast passes(4-6:30ish)correct?

I’ve never done a hard ticket event and the last time I was at the World they still used paper fast passes! o_O

Yup. 30 days!

It's not just the first reports that are important, they all are. We rely so much on your data to help our newbies, fellow DISer's returning from a long hiatus and for next years planning. Please be sure to include Date of Party on your posts as some of you will hopefully post when you return. Thank You! :worship::worship::worship:

Ok, after reading the recent posts I got spooked and booked the plaza gardens dessert party for August 16th (the terrace party is sold out), I still don’t know if I want to give up the time to do this. With the 5 day cancellation policy, when is the latest I can cancel? Tomorrow the 10th, or Sunday the 11th? Or is it the 12th, since that’s 5th day prior, inclusive of the 12th and 16th?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter