"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you clarify something for me? Do you not need a party wristband to meet J&S? If you were in with an AP and get in line at 3:10 how do you get the wristband? I am planning to upgrade to an AP in Oct and may want to do this.
Yes, prior to entering the line a CM verified each guest had MNSSHP admission with an iPad. About 30 minutes before Jack and Sally started meeting, 2 CMs came by verifying admission again and putting wristbands on guests.

I could be wrong, but I think you can tell them apart by their dresses. Madame Carlotta’s dress skirt is all tiered ruffles, whereas Madame Renata’s dress skirt is only ruffled at the bottom with fabric pinned up to show it better.
So I went through my pics from last year and by the ruffles, I would say we had Madame Carlotta. She was a riot!
Do you have to be in the ride queue to see/talk to them?
Either of the Madame's and the butler are up on the lawn in front of the HM, which is a few feet higher than the pavement where guests walk. I *think* it was easier to see/talk to them once you exited the ride, but not from the ride queue going into the ride. I know I saw her once when leaving HM ride exit and once when we were just passing, but you have to almost walk into where the ride exits....if that makes sense.

Ugh! Trying to go over an itinerary with dh.....
What time do you think the 9:15 parade will clear the hub so we can get there for the new fireworks show? I know it's going to be a madhouse and I didn't pay attention to the early parade last year as we watched the second one. This new show has me a bit unnerved with planning!

@ninafeliz brought up a good point, some dessert reservations are filling up, have a look see.

I tested Tomorrowland, Plaza & Cruella's for a party size of 4, 3, 2 & 1 here are the results:

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party
August 16th – Sold Out

Sept 29th – Limited Availability for party of one

Oct 1, 2019 – Sold Out

Oct 8th - Limited Availability for party of one

Oct 10th – Sold Out

Oct 11th - Sold Out

Oct 14th - Limited Availability for party of one

Oct 27th - Limited Availability for party of one

Oct 29th - Sold Out

Oct 31st - Sold Out

Plaza Garden Dessert Party - OPEN availability

Cruella’s Halloween Hide-A-Way

August 16th – Sold Out

Remember guests cancel reservations all the time.
I think this is a good way to tell which parties will be most crowded.

Ugh! Trying to go over an itinerary with dh.....
What time do you think the 9:15 parade will clear the hub so we can get there for the new fireworks show? I know it's going to be a madhouse and I didn't pay attention to the early parade last year as we watched the second one. This new show has me a bit unnerved with planning!

It takes about 15 minutes for the parade to reach the hub and the parade, itself, is then 20 minutes long.

what time does everyone scope out a spot for the parade fireworks and actually get a decent spot?
Last year we recommended for the PARADE:
To get Front Row for the First Parade at Frontierland - At least 45 minutes to secure spots and 1hr. if Sold Out and at least 30 minutes for the Second Parade.

For Main Street - 1hr 20-30 minutes if Sold Out.

Now I would recommend:
To get Front Row for the First Parade at Frontierland - At least 1 hr. to secure spots and 1hr 20minutes if Sold Out and at least 45 minutes for the Second Parade.

For Main Street - 1hr 20-30 minutes if Sold Out. - NO CHANGE at this time.

Last edited:

Last year we recommended:
To get Front Row for the First Parade at Frontierland - At least 45 minutes to secure spots and 1hr. if Sold Out and at least 30 minutes for the Second Parade.

For Main Street - 1hr 20-30 minutes if Sold Out.

Now I would recommend:
To get Front Row for the First Parade at Frontierland - At least 1 hr. to secure spots and 1hr 20minutes if Sold Out and at least 45 minutes for the Second Parade.

For Main Street - 1hr 20-30 minutes if Sold Out. - NO CHANGE at this time.

ya i was gonna nab a main hub/main street area spot around 8:30. It sucks that the majority of the two hours from starting to wait to the end of the fireworks is almost all downtime

Hey all! My first MNSSHP

My priority is to meet Jafar. What time will he start meeting, not until 7? Then we must see the first parade. If we can get any other characters that would be a bonus. Do you think meeting jafar and then going into another character line will kill too much time? We'd like to try a few of the rides and trick or treat a tiny bit. Just trying to fit in as much as possible.
3:30-6pm – Top Tier Character

6:30-7:15 – Any Character who start meeting at 7pm

7:15-8:00 – Any Character who start meeting at 7pm

8:00-9:35 – First Parade / This includes securing a spot and the end time of the parade.

Last year Jafar met at 7pm. Remember NO times have been confirmed for 2019 for any of the characters.

ya i was gonna nab a main hub/main street area spot around 8:30. It sucks that the majority of the two hours from starting to wait to the end of the fireworks is almost all downtime

What do you mean? How many people in your group and ages?

What do you mean? How many people in your group and ages?

This trip there are 5 of us, one 25 and the rest mid 30's. What i mean by that is, start waiting for the parade at 830, parade starts at 915; continue to wait in the same spot for fireworks, which starts at 1015 and ends at 1030

I would say we could catch the second parade, but im afraid that we would not get a good spot for the fireworks if we did not watch the first parade

I think this is a good way to tell which parties will be most crowded.

Yes! Especially since the Official 2019 MNSSHP Guest List and Costume Thread is lacking October party goers! Not sure why that is or what's the big secret. :confused3

It's not mandatory to post but it sure helps to understand what parties are going to be busiest not to mention the thread was made to benefit our community as a whole.
LINK

This trip there are 5 of us, one 25 and the rest mid 30's. What i mean by that is, start waiting for the parade at 830, parade starts at 915; continue to wait in the same spot for fireworks, which starts at 1015 and ends at 1030

I would say we could catch the second parade, but im afraid that we would not get a good spot for the fireworks if we did not watch the first parade

Yes but you don't ALL have to stay there waiting either. You can use Tag Team, few of you do other things like get a Magic Shot, Ride, get Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom card, purchase popcorn buckets and merchandise, Trick or Treat. Take turns and make sure everything is close by and use your cell to keep in touch. Tag Team is a beautiful thing, make it work for you.

Yes! Especially since the Official 2019 MNSSHP Guest List and Costume Thread is lacking October party goers! Not sure why that is or what's the big secret. :confused3

It's not mandatory to post but it sure helps to understand what parties are going to be busiest not to mention the thread was made to benefit our community as a whole.
LINK

I wonder if its attributed to it still being so early into the season and people haven't fully committed yet. Then again maybe this year will be an anomaly like the summers the past couple of years, I guess time will tell!

Yes but you don't ALL have to stay there waiting either. You can use Tag Team, few of you do other things like get a Magic Shot, Ride, get Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom card, purchase popcorn buckets and merchandise, Trick or Treat. Take turns and make sure everything is close by and use your cell to keep in touch. Tag Team is a beautiful thing, make it work for you.

Absolutely this. We do this every year. Sometimes you can grab a quick low line character close by, or picnic dinner for everyone at your spot while waiting if you haven't eaten too ;) I'm all about divide and conquer and or multitasking when allowed!

It's our first MNSSHP on August 20 and I will be attending with my DD (3), DH, DMIL, and DFIL. We're not doing any of the extra parties.

This is our tentative, very loose plan. We are using a park ticket to enter a few hours early because we had gotten a 5 day ticket on points anyway but only intended on 4 park days plus the party Wondering if this plan makes sense and is doable? Specifically, will MIckey & Minnie, and Tink be at the Town Square Theatre at those times... When does Jack and Sally replace them? I'm assuming if there were fastpasses available, Tink will be there.

The three year old would also very much like to meet Anastacia and Drizella as well as Winnie the Pooh and friends? Are the waits for these characters very long?

Enter park at 1:20ish for BBB appointment at 1:50
After BBB appointment get Photopass photos at Sir Mickey's
Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Fairytale Princess Hall
Fastpass from 2:50 - 3:50 for Cinderella and Elena
Meet Mickey and Minnie at Town Square Theatre
Fastpass from 3:50 - 4:50 for TinkerBell at Town Square Theatre
Take Bypass to get wristbands and candy bags
Dining Reservation at 4:30 for Be Our Guest
After Be Our Guest, Fastpass for Haunted Mansion (fastpass from 4:55-5:55)
Go to Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Mad Tea Party
Do some trick or treating (maybe send one or two of the adults to get a parade spot)
Watch parade
Watch fireworks
Maybe a run on Space Mountain before leaving for two of the grown-ups depending on how 3 yo is

I booked the Plaza Garden dessert party for Aug 16 the day the new fireworks teaser video came out. Now I’m trying to figure out the best way to catch the parade. This is why it feels like our entire party time is spent waiting! It’s just me and hubby so tag teaming isn’t really possible since we both have to be there to get our wristbands for the dessert party.

We just booked Cruella's for Sept 29th. I went back and forth on whether to do the dessert party or Cruella's. Finally decided on Cruella's because we have the dessert part booked for HEA during the AH on the 27th.

Tbh, I'm still torn though. I LOVE parades and even though it's been over 15 years since I've seen the Disney's Halloween parade, it was my all-time favorite. I think fireworks are nice enough but I love the projections and music that go along with them. And HEA and the Halloween fireworks will be 2 very different shows.
I also REALLY want to see the Hocus Pocus show and I'm worried about being stuck back at Tonys and trying to fight my way toward the castle with so many people on Main St and in the hub.
I read the fine print and I'm just not convinced alcohol is included at Cruella's but I know most people say it will be so I hope I'm wrong. We aren't big drinkers but it does add to the value.
We won't be doing many rides, just the overlays, that's what we booked AH for. We plan on doing meet and greets, ToT and shows.
I'm excited for the first reviews to see if I made the right choice.
A few years ago I took my mom on Disney Mom n me trip (usually it’s me and my dd).

I did 2 days at bwi and 2 days at gf and planned our FPS accordingly,

For transfer day I booked Tony’s for lunch. At check in I requested to sit outside and got lucky a table was available.

I can’t describe how wonderful it was! Watching all the happy families coming and going on Main Street, a parade went by the sun was shining . We loved it!

So after booking and canceling I added this party again, Even just to stand on the patio with a drink and people watch will be nice . Also last year I enjoyed all the music blaring and the Halloween lights projected on the buildings of Main Street. I think to have a place to cool off and recharge will be a good thing.

It is pricey however every time I’ve added something like GVTR, CG brunch, last year Osborn Lights Dessert party.... I have not regretted it. These upcharged events kinda force you to slow down and smell the roses.... enjoy the magic of a Disney trip!

It's our first MNSSHP on August 20 and I will be attending with my DD (3), DH, DMIL, and DFIL. We're not doing any of the extra parties.

This is our tentative, very loose plan. We are using a park ticket to enter a few hours early because we had gotten a 5 day ticket on points anyway but only intended on 4 park days plus the party Wondering if this plan makes sense and is doable? Specifically, will MIckey & Minnie, and Tink be at the Town Square Theatre at those times... When does Jack and Sally replace them? I'm assuming if there were fastpasses available, Tink will be there.

The three year old would also very much like to meet Anastacia and Drizella as well as Winnie the Pooh and friends? Are the waits for these characters very long?

Enter park at 1:20ish for BBB appointment at 1:50
After BBB appointment get Photopass photos at Sir Mickey's
Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Fairytale Princess Hall
Fastpass from 2:50 - 3:50 for Cinderella and Elena
Meet Mickey and Minnie at Town Square Theatre
Fastpass from 3:50 - 4:50 for TinkerBell at Town Square Theatre
Take Bypass to get wristbands and candy bags
Dining Reservation at 4:30 for Be Our Guest
After Be Our Guest, Fastpass for Haunted Mansion (fastpass from 4:55-5:55)
Go to Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Mad Tea Party
Do some trick or treating (maybe send one or two of the adults to get a parade spot)
Watch parade
Watch fireworks
Maybe a run on Space Mountain before leaving for two of the grown-ups depending on how 3 yo is
Your plans look wonderful. Keep in mind 3 yo get tired so just don’t worry about it if she doesn’t want to do something you have planned, We went to wdw with my in-laws when my kids were little. We had some great times and good memories made.

We just didn’t always get to do everything we wanted, I’d say 1/2 the time it was the kids , 1/2 the grandparents lol.

We're going on the 16th - less than a week now! I have the Plaza Garden dessert party booked. Our plan is to arrive at 4pm, do our 3 FPs and hopefully catch the last MiSi party. We'll do rides from 6 to 8:45ish, and then check in for the dessert party around 9pm. After fireworks, we'll send two adults to Frontierland to find a spot for the parade - while the other two adults wrangle the kids and stroller and catch up to them. Hopefully that will work ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter