"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hard to know priorities with so much informatino unannounced, but our priorities are meeting the Gravediggers, photos that are new this year (if they're the same as last year, meh), the parade, the fireworks, and the Space Mountain and Monsters Inc overlay.

Aug 16th Itinerary--just me and DH:

2 pm (if we're lucky and find a DVC member to adopt DH...) or 4 pm: arrive
3:05 to 4:05 pm: BTMRR fastpass...probably gonna miss this but hey, just in case everything lines up right and they let us in a little bit early...*shrugs*
4:15 to 5:15 pm: Jungle Cruise fastpass
5:20 to 6 pm: Buzz Lightyear fastpass
6 to 7 pm: rides in Tomorrowland/Fantasyland? just wandering?
7 pm to 8:45: Cadaver Dans, pictures, meet the Gravediggers (hopefully they're nearby...), Haunted Mansion, maybe some trick or treating or riding Pirates if line is short
8:45 to 9:15: stake out spot for parade in Frontierland (on the side closest to Tom Sawyer island) while grabbing food from Pecos Bills
9:15 to 9:35: parade
9:35 to 10:15: go through Fantasyland to ride teacups with overlay, then head into the hub and see if we can sneak into a good spot without hanging out for a ton of time since it's just Trevor and me :)
10:15 to 10:35 Fireworks!
10:35 to 11:35 pm: sneak over to go through Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and ride Space Mountain
11:35 to midnight: trick or treating/wandering! :)

My very general plan is to start over in Frontierland/Adventureland and catch the first parade over there, and then sneak off through Fantasyland to get to the Tomorrowland side of the park to watch the fireworks, so that when the fireworks are done we can immediately exit and head over to Space Mountain and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. We'll go trick or treating near the end of the night, and as far as snacks/shopping, that I'll figure out once it's announced and I decide if any of them are interesting. :)

So, does that look ok? I'm a bit terrified of the first party, but I'm hopeful that most of the crowds will be media focused on the parade/fireworks, and I think with just the two of us (and we're both fairly tall), we should be ok without staking out spots for tons of time in advance. *crossing fingers*

Last edited:
So hard to know priorities with so much informatino unannounced, but our priorities are meeting the Gravediggers, photos that are new this year (if they're the same as last year, meh), the parade, the fireworks, and the Space Mountain and Monsters Inc overlay.

Aug 16th Itinerary--just me and DH:

2 pm (if we're lucky and find a DVC member to adopt DH...) or 4 pm: arrive
3:05 to 4:05 pm: BTMRR fastpass...probably gonna miss this but hey, just in case everything lines up right and they let us in a little bit early...*shrugs*
4:15 to 5:15 pm: Jungle Cruise fastpass
5:20 to 6 pm: Buzz Lightyear fastpass
6 to 7 pm: rides in Tomorrowland/Fantasyland? just wandering?
7 pm to 8:45: Cadaver Dans, pictures, meet the Gravediggers (hopefully they're nearby...), Haunted Mansion, maybe some trick or treating or riding Pirates if line is short
8:45 to 9:15: stake out spot for parade in Frontierland (on the side closest to Tom Sawyer island) while grabbing food from Pecos Bills
9:15 to 9:35: parade
9:35 to 10:15: go through Fantasyland to ride teacups with overlay, then head into the hub and see if we can sneak into a good spot without hanging out for a ton of time since it's just Trevor and me :)
10:15 to 10:35 Fireworks!
10:35 to 11:35 pm: sneak over to go through Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and ride Space Mountain
11:35 to midnight: trick or treating/wandering! :)

My very general plan is to start over in Frontierland/Adventureland and catch the first parade over there, and then sneak off through Fantasyland to get to the Tomorrowland side of the park to watch the fireworks, so that when the fireworks are done we can immediately exit and head over to Space Mountain and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. We'll go trick or treating near the end of the night, and as far as snacks/shopping, that I'll figure out once it's announced and I decide if any of them are interesting. :)

So, does that look ok? I'm a bit terrified of the first party, but I'm hopeful that most of the crowds will be media focused on the parade/fireworks, and I think with just the two of us (and we're both fairly tall), we should be ok without staking out spots for tons of time in advance. *crossing fingers*

I'm liking your plan. I would switch out BTMR for something else. We went on Halloween night for years without waiting for this ride and your date has a high risk for selling out. I think two adults you'll be just fine ducking in and out, no worries there!

Hope everyone remembers to pick up their Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card. Make sure to stop at the Main Street Fire Station as well as put it on your itinerary. If it's not written down you'll most likely forget, kinda out of sight - out of mind. Must have party wristbands on.

Last edited:

I was able to get a Pirates FP for 3:10 - 4:10 as I want to see it with and without the overlay. Think it’s possible to get in and over there in 10 minutes?

I have an interesting question I can’t find the answer to... Let’s say a set of parents and 2 year old go to the party but the grandparents don’t. If the toddler gets tired can the parents leave to bring the child to the grandparents waiting outside the gates (they’re staying at BLT) and then re-enter MK back to the party?

I have an interesting question I can’t find the answer to... Let’s say a set of parents and 2 year old go to the party but the grandparents don’t. If the toddler gets tired can the parents leave to bring the child to the grandparents waiting outside the gates (they’re staying at BLT) and then re-enter MK back to the party?

Yes. You are free to come and go from the party.

I was able to get a Pirates FP for 3:10 - 4:10 as I want to see it with and without the overlay. Think it’s possible to get in and over there in 10 minutes?

Well, what time were you planning on being at MK gates? If Disney lets guests in at 3:45 no problem but other wise you still have to get through this...

I'm looking for suggestions on when to check in to the dessert party. We've done the HEA party a few times but I'm wondering what the procedure is for the Halloween dessert party and if it differs? I know the confirmation says check in is at 8:45, but we've checked in the regular HEA dessert party earlier than the posted time.

I'm looking for suggestions on when to check in to the dessert party. We've done the HEA party a few times but I'm wondering what the procedure is for the Halloween dessert party and if it differs? I know the confirmation says check in is at 8:45, but we've checked in the regular HEA dessert party earlier than the posted time.

That's what I'd like to know too. In the past didn't they allow check in at 4:30? Am I mistaken? My friend and I didn't do that last year and I don't recall reading about a 4:30 time frame. Please feel free to chime in.

That's what I'd like to know too. In the past didn't they allow check in at 4:30? Am I mistaken? My friend and I didn't do that last year and I don't recall reading about a 4:30 time frame. Please feel free to chime in.
Wow, if you can check in the dessert party THAT early that would be helpful! I hope it's true, or at least some time way before 8:45!

The times that we've done the regular HEA dessert party, the line to check in can get pretty long.

I thought I've read that you can ask for to go container for dessert party and take dessert to the plaza to eat while watching fireworks....can anyone confirm?? For HEA dessert party in February we asked for drink cups to take coffee to the plaza, but unsure about dessert??

I thought I've read that you can ask for to go container for dessert party and take dessert to the plaza to eat while watching fireworks....can anyone confirm?? For HEA dessert party in February we asked for drink cups to take coffee to the plaza, but unsure about dessert??
Someone posted they had them at TT. Last year my girlfriend brought a container. No issue.

Surprisingly not tired of Star Wars. Like the old Girl Scout motto - make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other’s gold.

SWGE is for the super excited nerdy girl in me who can build her own droid - carried around in a backpack hand sewn - that interacts with the land and other droids it meets while I’m walking around playing with other fellow resistance fighters in an interactive game on my “Datapad”. That’s some next level Star Wars kid dreams made real right there.

But my heart first beat to the thrill of the Haunted Mansion music on the Disneyland record I played on my Fisher Price record player. I remember watching the Disney Halloween special with Jonathan Winters and the Sleepy Hollow cartoon in an assembly at school. And the thrill the first time I saw the Headless Horseman ride through the crowd at my first MNSSHP 12 yrs ago.

So happy I can do both in October. And grateful for the great ideas shared here - like booking 3 FPs in the 3:30 - 6 pm window and booking the plaza garden Dessert Party to see the new show.

It's our first MNSSHP on August 20 and I will be attending with my DD (3), DH, DMIL, and DFIL. We're not doing any of the extra parties.

This is our tentative, very loose plan. We are using a park ticket to enter a few hours early because we had gotten a 5 day ticket on points anyway but only intended on 4 park days plus the party Wondering if this plan makes sense and is doable? Specifically, will MIckey & Minnie, and Tink be at the Town Square Theatre at those times... When does Jack and Sally replace them? I'm assuming if there were fastpasses available, Tink will be there.

The three year old would also very much like to meet Anastacia and Drizella as well as Winnie the Pooh and friends? Are the waits for these characters very long?

Enter park at 1:20ish for BBB appointment at 1:50
After BBB appointment get Photopass photos at Sir Mickey's
Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Fairytale Princess Hall
Fastpass from 2:50 - 3:50 for Cinderella and Elena
Meet Mickey and Minnie at Town Square Theatre
Fastpass from 3:50 - 4:50 for TinkerBell at Town Square Theatre
Take Bypass to get wristbands and candy bags
Dining Reservation at 4:30 for Be Our Guest
After Be Our Guest, Fastpass for Haunted Mansion (fastpass from 4:55-5:55)
Go to Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Mad Tea Party
Do some trick or treating (maybe send one or two of the adults to get a parade spot)
Watch parade
Watch fireworks
Maybe a run on Space Mountain before leaving for two of the grown-ups depending on how 3 yo is
Since you are going in early with a park ticket that day maybe try to meet Anastasia and Drizella before the party, they are usually out by the castle until around 3 (check MDE). Your BOG reservation may take more than an hour (many people report 1.5-2 hours for dinner, it is signature dining after all) so be prepared to possibly miss your HM fastpass. Dining for that long with a 3 year old may not be that fun, perhaps switch to Crystal Palace for dinner as it takes about an hour and would be more fun for your little one. Pooh and friends may take around an hour in line during the party. You can meet Tigger and Pooh together during the day prior to the party (check MDE for times) with about a 30 minute wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter