"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week I asked about doing multiple parties... Currently we are attending MNSSHP on Labor Day at the beginning of our trip (day 2). We've considered adding a dessert party to our regular MK day or adding MNSSHP on our last full day (6th). I'm worried the kids would be worn out though. Anyone have young kiddos that did a party at the beginning and end of your trip? We already have the morning scheduled at MK and if we went to the party we would go take a break and have dinner at CRT before 7:00pm. We have a late flight out the next day and a later Bon voyage breakfast scheduled.

So I bought the MNSSHP pass because I already had 2 parties bought and I didn’t realize that I am arriving on Friday the 13 which is also a party night so with the length of my trip I can do 4 parties!!! OMG I am nuts but al least I won’t have to rush anything. Guest services gave me credit for the 2 parties and I paid the difference.

I have 2 parties bought for 10/3 and 10/8, can I call and upgrade to the pass and if so what was the difference you paid if you don't mind me asking?

On the off chance someone will know the answer to a very specific question: Can anyone tell me if the cheeseburger egg rolls at the dessert party are peanut/tree nut free? I know they will tell me then what's safe to eat, but I hoped someone on here has had to ask before and can give me a heads up. My kid would probably eat those if they're safe!

I have 2 parties bought for 10/3 and 10/8, can I call and upgrade to the pass and if so what was the difference you paid if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, you can call and upgrade. The adult pass is $299 plus tax, so whatever you pay will be that minus what you have already paid for your two dates.

On the off chance someone will know the answer to a very specific question: Can anyone tell me if the cheeseburger egg rolls at the dessert party are peanut/tree nut free? I know they will tell me then what's safe to eat, but I hoped someone on here has had to ask before and can give me a heads up. My kid would probably eat those if they're safe!

You may want to also ask on and search the main HEA dessert party thread in case that has come up over there as it is the same cheeseburger rolls: https://www.disboards.com/threads/mk-happily-ever-after-dessert-party-parties-discussion.3604693/

I am going to guess they are not nut free, but that’s not my area of expertise so don’t take that as fact.

Or I hope someone who knows can assist.

I know there has only been one party so far, but I’m curious if anyone watched the first parade and also attended the plaza garden dessert party? This was my plan with the thought that we would check into the dessert party around 9:50 pm? Last year, we got our dessert party wristbands a little after 4 pm, but it doesn’t sound like they are doing that this year :( Other thought is to check-in, eat a little, then watch the parade with limited viewing from the garden area.

Sdmt has long lines throughout the night but Jack and Sally are much worse. It'll probably cost you less time overall if you go in their line first, then do sdmt standby during the party, ideally later in the night.

Thanks! We're hitting up MK two times before we do the party, so I'm sure we'll be able to manage SDMT sometime in there, but I was just covering my bases because I don't want to miss it. (it's our first trip to WDW in 8 years but also our first MNSSHP ever, so we are treading lightly).

My wife doesn't think we need a plan for the party. I'm not so optimistic. Granted, we don't really have many must do's for the party. Jack and Sally for DD12, Moana for DD7, Elvis Stitch for me, and any and all villains for DW, plus Pirates and HM rides and ToTing. I just think it's gonna be a bit more overwhealming than she thinks.

TL

I forgot, LOL

and I'm only 31. Lord help me when I get closer to 60 if my memory is like this :crazy2:

If you’re able to go back to Magic Kingdom you can go into guest services and tell them you forgot the card they will check and make sure you actually had a ticket and give you the card. This happened to us last year.

You can upgrade and they will apply it towards the pass I paid $148 more and I was planning on doing g a 3rd party with my daughter so it was more of a benefit to buy the pass.

The AP merchandise is usually located behind the counter in the toy room in the Emporium
I was looking for reports on this and found none. I don't recall ever seeing anyone post this info in the past.
Sorry, I may have misunderstood the question about merch and APs.

In the Bypass there are a few merch carts. Someone asked an AP-related question about the carts.
I thought the question was: can you get an AP discount if you buy merch there? My answer was: I presume so but I didn't try.
If, on the other hand, the question was: are they selling the special AP merch in the Bypass? My answer is: I don't think so.

I was in Big Top Souvenirs in new Fantasyland and the castmember there said something about AP merch being kept behind the register which is to the left as you enter the store.

I assume they have AP merch in the Emporium.

The event map says the Emporium and Big Top Souvenirs have the full event collection, and Frontier Trading Post has full event trading pin assortment and MagicBands.
Thank you for the information! I will see if anyone mentions anything about this in their reports. I am not going until the end of October.

Can you purchase pins or ornaments during the day prior to the party like before 4? Also where is a good spot to see the headless horsemen straight on?

Can you purchase pins or ornaments during the day prior to the party like before 4? Also where is a good spot to see the headless horsemen straight on?

You can purchase general Halloween merchandise any time and at the resorts, Disney Springs and all four parks. For MNNSHP Exclusive merchandise, only on party nights, must show party ticket or wristband I believe 2pm.

Straight on,
The hub

and the flag pole

This thread is wearing off on me. I’ve never really planned a party before - we’re more wing it folks - but I’m sitting here with the party map and a spreadsheet. I hate myself.

And I’m contemplating that MNSSHP “pass” which is really making me hate myself too.

Blah! :surfweb:
I’m in the same boat as you. Typically I like to have a “guideline” plan and play it by ear as we go. Being that the only party night we can attend is ON Halloween, I’m starting to think I should really write out an actual Touring Plan and have no idea where to start. For this year my absolute must do was to get a photo with Cruella as this will be our family themed costumes this year. Thanks Disney for solving that problem for me for a mere $400+tax :rotfl2:I also see value in this party for us because I think by that point my MIL will be ready to sit and relax for a little. My issue is that with our two little ones I think it’s best we try to get a spot for the first parade because I’m not sure they will last for the second. Our oldest might, but the baby probably won’t. Does anyone have any suggestions on a TP for me? Our DD4 will not like the “bigger” rides, so I’m not worried ab HM, SDMT, SM, or any similar. I would really love to ride PP at some point, and she would like rides like Pooh, Ariel, things along those lines. ToT in some spots, any M&G without long waits (don’t need to do any of the MAJOR long line ones), 1st parade, check-in Cruella’s and get my really expensive photo Lol, hopefully fireworks. There’s so much to try and do and I’m overwhelmed. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!

So I bought the MNSSHP pass because I already had 2 parties bought and I didn’t realize that I am arriving on Friday the 13 which is also a party night so with the length of my trip I can do 4 parties!!! OMG I am nuts but al least I won’t have to rush anything. Guest services gave me credit for the 2 parties and I paid the difference.

Wahoo! I’m going on Friday the 13th too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter