"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was planning to do the MNSSHP on Tuesday August 27 but am finding surprisingly few things of interest for me now that all the video reviews are coming out. The only thing luring me now are the Magic Photos.

Are the Magic Photos at Haunted Mansion there all day? Or just for the Halloween partay?

I am referencing the Hat Box Ghost, the Haunted Carriage, and the Hitch Hiking Ghost photos.

I did the Magic Shots near the Haunted Mansion at the first party. They did not come out well at all. Perhaps the most disappointing part of the party because I waited in line for them.

a) They have you sit on a stool, and put your face in a box. Yes, my face was in a box but it wasn't very impressive.
b) They took a picture of me and there was a ghost behind me. The ghost was all blury. You couldn't really tell it was supposed to be a ghost. The quality was much worse than the hitchhiking ghosts Magic Shot you can get on a regular day at the Magic Kingdom.
c) They had me hold a lantern. This was awful. The photo is so dark, you can't even tell it's me.

If there were more Magic Shots near the Haunted Mansion that night, I did not find them.

Can you meet Cinderella, Elena, Rapunzel and Tiana btw 6-7? Or are they on break from 6-7

Last year I met Cinderella and Elena at about 6:30. They checked for my party wristband when I entered. No line. I did not try for Rapunzel and Tiana.

Good Morning! Yes, it is possible to go the Plaza viewing dessert party right after the first parade. We watched the parade right outside of Peco Bill's in Frontierland. We ate dinner there and found ourselves outside at 8:00pm. Debated about going on another ride but then decided it was too easy to hang out and people watch. DD16 was exhausted and was losing her interest! We loved seeing the Headless Horseman! The parade was awesome. It passed us at around 9:30. Then, we followed the parade in the street and were behind the rope until the parade made the turn and we kept going straight through Fantasyland. We arrived at party at 9:48. I was afraid there wouldn't be anything left and it was fully stocked!! We grabbed a few desserts and the cider. Sampled those quickly then got ice cream to go and were taken to the Plaza viewing area at 10:05. There was plenty of room in the area. DH was even able to lay down and stretch his back. It was very relaxing to eat our ice cream while we waited. We thought the fireworks and projections were great, especially the projections. You would miss a lot if you don't have a good spot for the projections. Music and narration didn't bother us since it was our first time and we have nothing to compare it to. After FW were done, we made our way towards the castle stage for the Hocus Pocus show. There was space to make your way to a decent spot. We were in the area that starts to go uphill a little bit before one of the round flower bed things with the railings. DD16 loved the show!! Right afterwards, she wanted to leave since she was beat as she was up since 4am. I insisted on her going on the tea cups since it's her favorite with DH together. They make me sick! Walked right on that. Tot on the way out in Monsters Inc and I forget the other one. Made out way behind down Main Street behind people waiting for the parade. Left the exit at 11:30. There were people lined up for the Headless Horseman Magic Shot. We did that on our way in and didn't want to wait in the line. Were on the bus by 11:34 and in our room by 11:50!! Off to breakfast!!
Thank you so much for posting how it went!! Pretty much going to follow your plans including Peco Bills's for some dinner. I cannot tell you how much you have eased my mind about the parade/dessert party. Hope you have a great rest of your trip!

Question about lines to get in at 4pm: we are staying at BLT and will already have been at MK for EEMH in the morning (we are ok using a park day ticket for am + party ticket at night). We are going to CRT for a 4pm dinner ADR - we are not interested in getting in line early for characters and will have already been at MK in the am and are ok being at dinner from 4-6pm.

To get in and get our party wristband, do we have to get in line super early to make sure we get to our 4PM ADR or can we go through the non-party line but still get our wristband?

FYI we did the DL party a couple of years ago (loved it) but have learned that the treat bags are way too small so we will bring our own cinch backpacks - so no need to pick up a treat bag, just the wristband.

TIA!

Question about lines to get in at 4pm: we are staying at BLT and will already have been at MK for EEMH in the morning (we are ok using a park day ticket for am + party ticket at night). We are going to CRT for a 4pm dinner ADR - we are not interested in getting in line early for characters and will have already been at MK in the am and are ok being at dinner from 4-6pm.

To get in and get our party wristband, do we have to get in line super early to make sure we get to our 4PM ADR or can we go through the non-party line but still get our wristband?

FYI we did the DL party a couple of years ago (loved it) but have learned that the treat bags are way too small so we will bring our own cinch backpacks - so no need to pick up a treat bag, just the wristband.

TIA!
You can go through the regular entrance and pick up your party wristband after dinner. There are several locations throughout the park to get them (listed on first page). Have fun!!

TIA!
The treat bags in the cut through have candy

My sister and I got home late last night from our trip and attended the first party.
We got to the park around 1:45 (we're APs) and watched a shortened FOF parade due to light rain. We rode a few rides and got in line to get our wristbands around 4:15 in Tomorrowland. I wish we had gotten in line for the peoplemover or something again, as the line was pretty long and reached to the peoplemover queue. By the time we got through the line, it was a walk-up.
We went and changed into our Anastasia and Drizella costumes and went to line up for Pooh and friends. I think it was around 5:20 when we got in line and were the third party in line. The line started to build quickly behind us. My sister went to go get the pumpkin milkshake around 6ish after seeing someone in line come back with one. We met Pooh and friends right about 6:40pm. We also met them last year and encountered the same issue again, their photopass photographer seems to run behind. We had the character attendant take our photos, but only received two. We also didn't receive autograph cards this year (maybe they hadn't arrived with them yet?).
We walked over and saw a posted 20 min wait for Cinderella and Elena, that was a walk-in. We had a fun interaction with Cinderella. When we exited, we stopped by the photopass studio to try out some of the new photo props. We had a really fun photographer who had us laughing the whole time. We exited and had missed the announcement of the party starting (I love hearing this!). We waited for a few minutes to see if Anastasia and Drizella came out. We found a mysterious line formed near Pinocchio's and asked what it was for and no one knew what they were waiting for! We finally found a cast member to ask and were told it was a magic shot, but there wasn't anyone there for photopass yet. We passed some time waiting for A&D by trick or treating in Ariel's M&G line and Philharmagic. Both of these lines were very, very long and we got 2 pieces of candy out of each stop, definitely skip until later in the night!
We finally found Anastasia and Drizella out roaming and got a picture with them, it was a fun interaction. There was a man dressed up as Cinderella that they walked all around with, it was funny to watch! We headed off to Liberty Square and got in line for the Gravediggers. We loved meeting them last year and had a lot of fun again. They really didn't like hearing that we were dying to meet them, we got a major stinkeye! People were taking turns holding spots to take the hitchhiking ghosts magic shot here. My sister stepped in some fresh gum and went to go find something to get it off her shoe, so we didn't do this then.
We went to check on the line for pirates and found it was really long, out to the egg roll cart. We decided to grab a snack and get a spot for the first parade. I loved the caramel pretzel last year and wanted to get it again. The new dessert holder at Golden Oak Outpost made that a little tougher. We waited it out and then I had issues that I was rang up for getting one, even though I didn't order it. It took about 20 mins for a manager to come over and fix it. My sister grabbed us a spot for the parade while I was waiting. We had some fun interactions including Flynn telling me he was already married! haha
After the parade, we headed for Pirates and waited about 20 mins to ride. One of our favorite entertainment CMs is a live pirate this year or we would have skipped this.
We made it to Tomorrowland as the fireworks started going off. We found an empty bench (with a large puddle in front of it) facing the speedway and the castle. This was a great no-stress spot to enjoy just the fireworks. From our vantage point, we could see three large launch points. What looked like behind the castle, behind BOG and behind storybook circus. As the finale was ending, we hopped up and got in line for Space Mountain. I think we waited around 15 minutes to board. When we came out, the line was long, stretching back into tomorrowland. We decided to check out the Monsters inc overlay, it was cute. The CMs here were a lot more generous with candy, we went through 3 times and filled up our bags. We crossed back over to Liberty Square and watched the parade from across the bridge near the gazebo. We had a few mins to grab the hitchhiking ghost magic shot too.
One thing I didn't see mentioned anywhere (but definitely could have glossed over) is that if you want to make a quick exit after the parade, they try to let people out during any lag in the parade. This mainly happened between sets. You need to be where the flagpole is, we only saw one open spot where this is. The CM were great at handling this, we were so impressed watching it. We love the parade so stayed and watch it cross through. We exited as soon as the parade finished to a very long line for the Yacht and Beach bus and no bus in sight (we really didn't like combined bus service this week). We hopped right on to a Boardwalk bus waiting and walked around back to the Beach club.
All in all, we had a great night! We're headed to our first Halloween night party this year, so I'll be following along still to see if anything changes from the first night!

We did not check in until after the parade. There are 2 different check in locations for plaza or terrace view. I think getting to parade spot at 8:30 should be ok. You may not get 1st row though. We were relaced just watching costumes and the Mets game on our phones so tume went quickly.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the info!

The treat bags in the cut through have candy

At the first party, the candy at the Bypass was in a little package but I don’t think it was in the party bag. I seem to recall taking the party bag separately and putting it, still closed, in my tote bag.

I have a question...if I get in line for Space Mountain at 6-6:30, and get on the ride before 7, will it be the Halloween overlay or not?

If someone in my party needs to take a break and get off of her feet for a few minutes, is it acceptable for me to take both my treat bag and hers through the TOT line, or is this frowned upon?

If someone in my party needs to take a break and get off of her feet for a few minutes, is it acceptable for me to take both my treat bag and hers through the TOT line, or is this frowned upon?

I don’t know, but two good places to sit are TOT lines. Get candy at Monsters Inc then sit and watch the show. Get candy at Mickeys Philharmagic then sit and watch movies. Hard to find other places to sit except if you luck into an empty bench in the park or find an empty table at Pecos Bill.

View attachment 427914

This was our view from the spot we got walking up at 9:59 on the first party night. I thought we got there a little earlier, but I just checked the timing of the pictures I took while walking to the spot.

Edited to ask if there is a way to turn the picture?
Where were you sitting to get this view? I must have missed it
Never mind - I figured it out, but cant delete this comment.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for posting how it went!! Pretty much going to follow your plans including Peco Bills's for some dinner. I cannot tell you how much you have eased my mind about the parade/dessert party. Hope you have a great rest of your trip!
Trip is going well! We made a mistake turning too soon towards Tomorrowland Terrace from Fantasy Land and found ourselves in tje hub which was mobbed for the parade. If youbwalk further through Fantasyland, it will save you a few minutes. Let us know how it worked out for you!

There was a woman in front of me at one of the spots who had about four bags. I found it strange - she held up the line because she had to open each in turn. But the CMs didn't seem fazed by it.

My SIL has done this in the past with no problem. She just mentioned the second bag was for someone taking a break.

I have seen several posts about the Dessert Party with the Plaza Garden view for the fireworks but not anything about the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party. Does the Terrace have a view of the castle projections? Would anyone recommend this dessert party? If not why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter