"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
FASTPASS for the 4-7 time period. I can't seem to be able to book more than two without overlapping times so help me choose which ones I should pick.
We are attending Sept 24th - My son wants to do tomorrow speedway, Haunted Mansion, and Peter Pan and Pooh. Which two should I prioritize with the FP. I was thinking Speedway should be one since the line can be so slow no matter if it is short or not and knock that one out first and hope to get another? there are a lot available.

We we able to get three Fat passes starting at 3.25 for party on 22nd.
Space, Splash and Jungle. Did this before and worked well.

Thanks for all the info in this thread! We are surprising our Disney-loving daughter with a quick trip/MNSSHP party on her birthday! (she turns 7 on 9/20). Two questions:

1.) Headless horseman PhotoPass at the entryway - what time is this available? We are planning to enter the park the second they let us (3:45 or whenever) since we don't have park tickets and want to make the most of our park time - is the magic shot going that early?

2.) I can barely find any feedback on the DescenDance party at Cosmic Rays. My daughter is a HUUUUUUGE fan of the Descendants movies and this was part of the reason we decided to do this crazy birthday thing (though she also misses WDW badly, so it's not only for the DescenDance party). Anyone spend any time there? To give you an idea, we were at a school picnic tonight and music was playing - a few Descendents songs were mixed in there and she ran to the "dance floor" and was having a blast each time one came on. So, hoping for a minimum of that, because she'd enjoy it, but hoping there is some extra magic, given it's WDW. She'll be in her "Dizzy" Halloween costume, by the way.

Thanks!
My girls love Descendants too - 4 and 7. My youngest loved dancing at the Disney jr dance party at our MNSSHP on Friday, but neither wanted to get out of the stroller for the descendants dance party. We went in in the trick or treat line and could see the dance area. There were a lot of people dancing and it looked fun. I would go there early right as the party starts so it might not be as crowded and she has more energy.

Anyone go to the party on 8/6 (this past Friday)? I was wondering if it was very busy, moderate, etc. I assume weekday parties are less busy, but ::sighs:: school nights.

Thanks in advance!

If anybody lives near a Weis Markets grocery store, check out the selection of reusable grocery bags. They would be great for trick or treating at MNSSHP. They will be at the register, but the store also might have displays before the register or someplace after the register which you normally would only see after you have checked out. Selection varies widely by store. Sometimes it's just the store brand. Sometimes the bags have Disney characters or Marvel characters. And sometimes they have Star Wars characters. I saw this today. If I were going to MNSSHP later this year I would have purchased it. I didn't measure it in the store, but I have similar ones at home. They are 13" wide, 15" tall and 6" deep.

Last edited:

LOL! Add to it I’m doing all three races that weekend - going to have to manage things accordingly!

A younger version of me would have said to heck with it, just stay up all night into the AM. The current version of me is going to need to sleep at some point!

Are you dressing as a zombie, lol.

If anybody lives near a Weis Markets grocery store, check out the selection of reusable grocery bags. They would be great for trick or treating at MNSSHP. They will be at the register, but the store also might have displays before the register or someplace after the register which you normally would only see after you have checked out. Selection varies widely by store. Sometimes it's just the store brand. Sometimes the bags have Disney characters or Marvel characters. And sometimes they have Star Wars characters. I saw this today. If I were going to MNSSHP later this year I would have purchased it. I didn't measure it in the store, but I have similar ones at home. They are 13" wide, 15" tall and 6" deep.

Great bag! How much was it?

Bought that last year lol.

Party 9/8

Arrived in the park at 6pm.
We were told an hour and a half wait, but took us 45 min for Jack and Sally,

Next stop was Prince Eric and Ariel. 30 min wait.

Next stop was Pooh and friends, waited an hour and 4 minutes. 7:48 to 8:52.

Stopped at Philharmagic to cool down. Did both tot there and watched one of the shorts.

Trick or treated and watched the new fireworks show.

Left the park right after fireworks. Stopped for the headless horseman photo.

Waited a long time for the ferry, but got to see the water parade! The monorail wasn't running when we left. Ferry was only option to TTC.

It was definitely more crowded than the Labor Day party. Seemed hotter too.

We walked away with plenty of candy.

That long wait for the ferry is what worries me a bit. I’m planning to upgrade to AP so would have free parking, but still considering valet parking at the Contemporary to get out quicker and to sleep sooner!

Last night was our third party. They only had one ferry running. The monorail wasn't running. It was a hot mess. Took an hour. And we were on the 1st ferry out, with a huge line waiting behind us. The Electrical Water Parade could have been the reason for the long delay for the ferry to arrive.

But the first 2 parties we went to, we got lucky. Left at midnight our first party and got right on the ferry. Next party was Labor Day and we got right on it. Took 30 min from time we left park to time we got in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter