"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone interested in seeing a handful of pics from the fireworks show (from garden view) - or has that been covered sufficiently already?

Are there any pictures anyone is interested in seeing posted?
I would love to see them to compare to my experience. I'm not going to go back pages to find any (though eventually I probably will)

Is anyone interested in seeing a handful of pics from the fireworks show (from garden view) - or has that been covered sufficiently already?

Are there any pictures anyone is interested in seeing posted?

The more the merrier in my opinion. Different angles, different positions, different vantage points within the garden are always interesting/informative (in my opinion).

For anyone interested in Stitch, we got here around 5:35 and were told by a cast member that they probably won’t start the queue til at least 6. There’s only about 4 groups waiting atm.
I still recommend getting there by 5:30. Once the CM's start allowing guests inside it's like a swarm of bees to honey! Keep your eye on that location if you want to avoid waiting in longer lines.

I still recommend getting there by 5:30. Once the CM's start allowing guests inside it's like a swarm of bees to honey! Keep your eye on that location if you want to avoid waiting in longer lines.
Good point! We lined up for Stitch around 6:00 on Sunday and were probably about 20 groups back. The line continued to grow quickly after that. Stitch started meeting that night at 6:45.

Good point! We lined up for Stitch around 6:00 on Sunday and were probably about 20 groups back. The line continued to grow quickly after that. Stitch started meeting that night at 6:45.

Yep! Exactly this! :thumbsup2

And here's the thing if you're there with your kids, use Tag Team! They can ride People Mover, Buzz or grab a cold drink.

Didn’t do the Halloween party (whatever the 7or 8 initials are) we were leaving MK prior to the party on 9/22 and the crowds seemed ginormous. We did do the Magic Kingdom after dark the Thursday prior and that was totally worth the extra ticket. Minimal crowds, rode each thrill ride 3x in a row the lesser rides once and soft drinks, ice cream novelties and popcorn all included.
I soooooo wanted to go to this but we’d already planned our trip before I knew about it and we had tickets for Universal Halloween horror nights. I could have used the HHN ticket for Friday but that’s the last place I want to be on a weekend night 🤣🤣

What time were you done? I've been following the few reports of Stitch since he's the only meet I need to do. I want to be done before the party or as close to that as possible.

Any recommendations on where to grab quick service dinner during the night of the party? I would like to do mobile ordering but from what I have read it sounds like it can still be a bit of an ordeal getting food quickly. I am not picky about what kind of food it is or the cost; mostly just the easiest and quickest to grab. I would likely want to grab something around 6:00-7:00 pm. TIA
Pecos Bill worked well for my dinner needs during the party but be warned lines are long. Mobile ordering was down my entire trip which was frustrating, hope that’s not the case for you!

What time were you done? I've been following the few reports of Stitch since he's the only meet I need to do. I want to be done before the party or as close to that as possible.
We were done at 7:05 so not bad at all. I was hoping for a 6:30 start time for Stitch like I'd heard from previous posters, but even with the 6:45 start, we were on our way pretty quickly. It was a fun meet, too!

Pecos Bill worked well for my dinner needs during the party but be warned lines are long. Mobile ordering was down my entire trip which was frustrating, hope that’s not the case for you!

We ate at Pecos Bill also - it was crowded but we found a table easily and DH got the food within 10 minutes.

BTW - I read lots of super helpful tips on here and am very thankful to everyone who has taken the time to post. I researched, read and created a great plan for our 9/24 MNSSHP including a 3:45 pm arrival.

However, real life intervened and for various reasons, we didn’t arrive until almost 6 pm. Our group consisted of DH, DD, her DH and their DD2. On the way into the park, I was very anxious...since we were over two hours “late” according to my well-honed plan.

Fortunately, we then decided to have each person (including the 2-year old) pick one priority.

It worked fantastically and we had pixie dust all evening with walk-ons to Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and Pirates along with literally walking into great spots to view Hocus Pocus (interesting for the adults but our 2-year old had enough about half way through) the parade (lots of fun but the daytime parade is still our favorite) and the fireworks (really gorgeous fireworks and castle projections although we didn’t have a good view of Jack).

We did bunches of photos and several ToT (receiving handfuls of candy at each). We didn’t do any character meets. Crowds were heavy at times but manageable all night. And our amazing 2-year old actually stayed awake way past her normal bedtime to thoroughly enjoy the fireworks. We left the park around 11 pm.

Bonus in that the weather was great after sunset with a light breeze almost all evening.

In retrospect, I’m still glad I spent the time on a plan because it helped us focus on our priorities. I’m even more happy that I was able (although truly NOT my norm) to be flexible when “the plan” didn’t fit our reality.

In the end, it was so fun and my DD was thrilled with all we were able to see and do. And, isn’t that what really matters....

Best of luck to all attending the remaining parties.

And here's the thing if you're there with your kids, use Tag Team! They can ride People Mover, Buzz or grab a cold drink.

I know this has come up multiple times but I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. Last time we went Jack and Sally were meeting in the gazebo, so I can see how one adult can hold the line spot while the other takes kids to bathrooms and snacks and rides. Does this still work now that they’re inside?

Nightmare before Christmas is my 2 nephews favorite
Movie. My nephew Jack really wants to meet the pumpkin king. But there’s no way all 4 kids we will have can wait in that line for 2-3 hours. I think we would only be really holding 2
Spots if that makes sense, my nephews would meet together then my daughters would meet together, but we have 8 people total.

We aren’t going until next year so not
urgent but it will be their number one party priority.

I know this has come up multiple times but I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. Last time we went Jack and Sally were meeting in the gazebo, so I can see how one adult can hold the line spot while the other takes kids to bathrooms and snacks and rides. Does this still work now that they’re inside?

Nightmare before Christmas is my 2 nephews favorite
Movie. My nephew Jack really wants to meet the pumpkin king. But there’s no way all 4 kids we will have can wait in that line for 2-3 hours. I think we would only be really holding 2
Spots if that makes sense, my nephews would meet together then my daughters would meet together, but we have 8 people total.

We aren’t going until next year so not
urgent but it will be their number one party priority.

Yes. When I was in line, individuals from groups were taking kids to bathroom and returning, grabbing drinks/food and returning, shopping at the emporium and returning. The longer the line is the trickier (ie not stepping on people, weaving around the ropes) it is to get back to your group, but its all fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter